Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello, I have a Tanget question to this. I had asked earlier but I believe it got lost in the forum and was never answered..

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before and I cannot find any clarification on the CIC website.

The website says that they "will review the submissions and remove duplicate entries".

My Brother and I are both PR holders living in Toronto for over 4 years and have our own independent families here. We would now like to have our parents here on PR and want to send in their applications for the 2018 Draw.

I would like to know what exactly counts as a 'Duplicate Entry'. Is it:-
1. ONE PR Holder, either my brother or myself, applying twice for his/her parents?
AND / OR
2. TWO Siblings (such as my brother and myself)... both individually applying for our parents?

In the 2nd case, do they count 2 entries for the same parents as a "Duplicate Entry"? Since they were applied by 2 separate PR holders and sponsor names?

Thank you in advance for any insight on this.
IRCC's rules for removing duplicates is internal to them only, it's not posted anywhere. So all anyone here is doing is guessing. You will not find a firm answer on this forum.

They may be matching both sponsor and parents to remove duplicates, so having 2 forms with 2 different sponsors but same parents may be allowed. Again nobody knows, so you may as well try.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the clarification. In case they do find duplicate entries, what action do they take? do they typically delete both applications or just one of them?
Don't take any chances and enter only one
there is going to be hundreds of thousands of entries in the pool, putting one more entry means nothing and does not increase your chance significantly. Think of as buying one lottery ticket vs 2 lottery tickets... doesn't make any difference.

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
If you refiled your tax, you will be in so much problems with the CRA and they may decide to audit you which will results in significant delay in getting the tax return for all of the 3 years. You may not have sufficient time and it is also not wise to play around with CRA and IRCC. Maybe starting to pay more this year onward to yourself and apply later

Thanks Rob and Lovely bear for your suggestions and input .

Just got back from my accountant . They are smart people .
He offered me a simple solution .
I am posting this solution to others who might be in same position as me.
You can have a co-signer for your application when applying .
In this case , it can be my spouse , I can show some dividend income for my wife in previous years and re-file her taxes .
It is a valid and legal route and the accountant assured me that even if it does lead to an audit , you have nothing to hide .It is legal and clear that you don't have undisclosed income .
Thanks again for your help

RamiB

Oct 19, 2016
Hi
If anyone can help me on this please
We have a income of 5 person last 3 years .
My wife is pregnant we are expecting baby this month .so we have to include the baby in past 3 year income or not .
Please guide me on this if anyone has information.
Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi
If anyone can help me on this please
We have a income of 5 person last 3 years .
My wife is pregnant we are expecting baby this month .so we have to include the baby in past 3 year income or not .
Please guide me on this if anyone has information.
Thanks
If it's similar rules to previous years, then family size for previous 3 tax years will be your current family size on the day you send the actual PR application. In my opinion this is the most likely scenario.

If they are going to change the rules to make family size as of the lottery date, then to confirm this you'll need to wait until new 2018 financial evaluation form is released for the 2018 application package, and see how it's worded. If this happens (in my opinion unlikely but who knows) then as long as you submitted the lottery form before baby is born the baby would not count in family size.

Hopefully they release the 2018 app package to review before the lottery is closed at end of the month.

RamiB

Oct 19, 2016
If it's similar rules to previous years, then family size for previous 3 tax years will be your current family size on the day you send the actual PR application. In my opinion this is the most likely scenario.

If they are going to change the rules to make family size as of the lottery date, then to confirm this you'll need to wait until new 2018 financial evaluation form is released for the 2018 application package, and see how it's worded. If this happens (in my opinion unlikely but who knows) then as long as you submitted the lottery form before baby is born the baby would not count in family size.

Hopefully they release the 2018 app package to review before the lottery is closed at end of the month.
Very Helpful thanks for the reply

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, I have a Tanget question to this. I had asked earlier but I believe it got lost in the forum and was never answered..

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before and I cannot find any clarification on the CIC website.

The website says that they "will review the submissions and remove duplicate entries".

My Brother and I are both PR holders living in Toronto for over 4 years and have our own independent families here. We would now like to have our parents here on PR and want to send in their applications for the 2018 Draw.

I would like to know what exactly counts as a 'Duplicate Entry'. Is it:-
1. ONE PR Holder, either my brother or myself, applying twice for his/her parents?
AND / OR
2. TWO Siblings (such as my brother and myself)... both individually applying for our parents?

In the 2nd case, do they count 2 entries for the same parents as a "Duplicate Entry"? Since they were applied by 2 separate PR holders and sponsor names?

Thank you in advance for any insight on this.
The wording could be clearer but it's safe to say that it only counts as duplicate when the same sponsor submits more than one form. I don't see any way that they could legally justify counting it as a duplicate when 2 completely different people qualify to sponsor on their own individual merits, even if the applicants are the same people.

Reactions: Pheonix84

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
hello friends
Need your advice please, like others its my first time filling this form. I don't want to make any mistake in this form.
I want to sponsor my parents and my wife will be my co signer. I live in Canada and my parents live back home

Q. Who would you like to sponsor
My own parents and grandparents

Q. Did you check if you are eligible to sponsor
Yes

Principal sponsor information
Q. Last name and First name, Date of birth, country of birth
My full name and my birth details ( No need to include co signer name at this moment)

Q. Country or territory where you currently live
Canada
Q. Primary residential address, postal code
My address in Canada

Q. How many family members are currently in your family Unit
Myself + my wife + 1 child = 3
(no other child from previous marriage or adopted child, and no one sponsored in past by any of us)

Q. Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members.
Mother + father = 2
(No dependent as rest of siblings are above 21 years of age and married)

Q. Total number of persons you would be responsible for
3 + 2 = 5

Q. Income requirement
$67400 (2017), $66,654 (2016) and $ $65,377 (2015)

Q. Parents and grandparents information
Name of parent or grandparents (1)
Father name and his details. In the First name should I include both first and middle name

Does Parent number 1 become the principal applicant

Name of parents or grandparents (2)
Mother details

at last I type my name and sign

I apologise to everyone for such a lengthy post and will appreciate if someone reply.
thanks everyone.

shivi s.

Jan 6, 2018
Hi Guys,

I noticed that Ontario has funded a bridging program for people in the economic class to connect with trained professionals so that they can become socially connected allowing for more opportunities to secure a job. I just wanted to know is there a funded program by the Government of Ontario to help sponsored parents/grandparents to integrate into Canada?

I would really appreciate your help.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Thanks Rob and Lovely bear for your suggestions and input .

Just got back from my accountant . They are smart people .
He offered me a simple solution .
I am posting this solution to others who might be in same position as me.
You can have a co-signer for your application when applying .
In this case , it can be my spouse , I can show some dividend income for my wife in previous years and re-file her taxes .
It is a valid and legal route and the accountant assured me that even if it does lead to an audit , you have nothing to hide .It is legal and clear that you don't have undisclosed income .
Thanks again for your help
Your accountant might know better, but at the end of the day if you get red flag then its your problem not the accountant's
my suggestion would be to consult another accountant. preferable more experience ones. If you dont know any then in this forum there is a section for finance as well.

I also have incorporation and to be honest, I am a bit scared of CRA audits (why should i put myself in problems)
and if I were at your place, I would bring my parents on super visa and wait three years for Lottery.
play fair !

arise

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
15-12-2011
Nomination.....
02-02-2012
AOR Received.
13-04-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
26-07-2013, Received on 15-08-2013, in process 30/10/2013
Passport Req..
(new born medical + RPRF + Passport request) all received on 5-11-2013, Decision made on 25/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
04/12/2013
LANDED..........
14/1/2014
Hello All,

Sorry if this has been already asked.

I would like to sponsor my parents including my sisters who are financially and mentally dependent on my parents. I do not meet income level as set out for the year 2018, however, my uncle has very good job and good inocme. My questions is, can he be a co-signer and that his income be counted towards the income level required for my parents sponsorship?

I appreciate all responses.

Arise

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Hello All,

Sorry if this has been already asked.

I would like to sponsor my parents including my sisters who are financially and mentally dependent on my parents. I do not meet income level as set out for the year 2018, however, my uncle has very good job and good inocme. My questions is, can he be a co-signer and that his income be counted towards the income level required for my parents sponsorship?

I appreciate all responses.

Arise

No Sir,
Only your Spouse can co-sign your application. No other relative can co-sign

arise

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
15-12-2011
Nomination.....
02-02-2012
AOR Received.
13-04-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
26-07-2013, Received on 15-08-2013, in process 30/10/2013
Passport Req..
(new born medical + RPRF + Passport request) all received on 5-11-2013, Decision made on 25/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
04/12/2013
LANDED..........
14/1/2014
No Sir,
Only your Spouse can co-sign your application. No other relative can co-sign
Thanks oaw, how about financial part, if you know. Like can someone else be a co- sponsor?

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Thanks oaw, how about financial part, if you know. Like can someone else be a co- sponsor?
Yes, Thats what I meant, you can not have a co-sign anyone other than your Spouse.
your uncle can not co-sponsor you to sponsor your parents.

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
How do you count your Family size?
I am applying for my parents PGP not sponsoring my grandma as she is not interested in coming to Canada and I am the only sponsor my wife is not a co-signer also she is not sponsoring her parents.

Correct me with my calculation If I am wrong.
Family size : ME+Wife+my daughter + My parents = 5
I have a brother who is 25 and a sister 27. Do I count them?
I have my father-in-law+Mother-In-law. Do I count them?
I have never sponsored anyone before under any class.

Please Advice