+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i know but can my mom sponsor him for open WP?
If your mom stated that she is divorced and no longer a spouse of your dad, NO she can't sponsor him as a member of the family.

Although an employer in Canada can sponsor him for a work permit.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is literaly the very first question asked on the interest form page. Why aren't people simply reading the very basic instructions provided?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

To access the interest to sponsor form, answer these questions:

Who would you like to sponsor? (required)
My own parents and grandparents
My spouse or partners’ parents and grandparents

If you are selected to apply, you can only sponsor your own parents and grandparents. You can’t use your invitation to become a co-signer for your spouse or partner’s parents and grandparents. Find out more.
and yet people still ask and try... system is flawed in so many levels...

kashgrewal

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
If your mom stated that she is divorced and no longer a spouse of your dad, NO she can't sponsor him as a member of the family.

Although an employer in Canada can sponsor him for a work permit.
yeah but can she like apologize or something because on her passport it says they are married even on my dads passport. cause it was not intentionally

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
yeah but can she like apologize or something because on her passport it says they are married even on my dads passport. cause it was not intentionally
You need to ask your questions to the Foreign Worker section of this forum. Your situation has nothing to do with family sponsorship in general, or parents sponsorship.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

canadalikes

Jan 9, 2018
dear all,

help me please

mother legal name as in passport is
Surname: <blank>
First name Innaa Ivanov

i mistake entered as
Surname: Ivanov
First name: Innaa

already submitted the form, how do i correct now

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear all,

help me please

mother legal name as in passport is
Surname: <blank>
First name Innaa Ivanov

i mistake entered as
Surname: Ivanov
First name: Innaa

already submitted the form, how do i correct now
if you do not have last name on passport, your complete name goes to family name field on the form. since interest form does not let you leave these fields blank, you can rectify it when you fill the application forms (if selected).

check the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2

What do you mean by surname?
Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

canadalikes

Jan 9, 2018
if you do not have last name on passport, your complete name goes to family name field on the form. since interest form does not let you leave these fields blank, you can rectify it when you fill the application forms (if selected).

check the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.2

What do you mean by surname?
Your surname is your family name. It is also called your “last name.” When filling out applications, type your surname as it appears on your passport, travel or identity document.

Do not use initials.

If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

Thanks. The link says, if no last name, enter all of the first name into the last name and leave first name blank.

but i mistake broken the first name "Innaa Ivanov" into "First name: Innaa" and "Last name: Ivanov".

Please let me know if any issue will i face

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. The link says, if no last name, enter all of the first name into the last name and leave first name blank.

but i mistake broken the first name "Innaa Ivanov" into "First name: Innaa" and "Last name: Ivanov".

Please let me know if any issue will i face
i don't think so. When you will fill out the forms, just fill it the correct way.

you are not the only one with a passport like that. CIC is well aware of such passports, where people do not have family names written.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi All,

Don't enter duplicate entries as this is illegal.
Please see the reply at https://ibb.co/k0QUmm for more information which IRCC posted on my question.

Thanks
I hope they walk the talk and prosecute those who won the lottery and made false declarations that they met the income requirements.

And write a big story about it in the news. Send a serious message out.

Might be a good way for the Liberals to generate some income through fines.

Last edited:

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
I need help with the sponsoring parents and grandparents. I came to Canada on 01 Sep, 2017 on a PR, and want to sponsor my parents. The only issue is how shall I show my income. My current income meets the cut-off, but what about previous income? Does this mean that you have to stay in Canada for 3 years before sponsoring? Please let me know. Thanks, Ronak

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I hope they walk the talk and prosecute those who won the lottery and made false declarations that they met the income requirements.

And write a big story about it in the news. Send a serious message out.

Might be a good way for the Liberals to generate some income through fines.
No, absolutely 0% chance this will happen. Submitting ineligible or duplicate entries is not illegal nor punishable by fines. Those that were ineligible but still entered lottery and get chosen will simply not submit an app, or will submit an app and have it rejected. That is all.

IRCC may do a 2nd lottery later this year if less than 10K qualified apps received for first round, but this is not known yet.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I need help with the sponsoring parents and grandparents. I came to Canada on 01 Sep, 2017 on a PR, and want to sponsor my parents. The only issue is how shall I show my income. My current income meets the cut-off, but what about previous income? Does this mean that you have to stay in Canada for 3 years before sponsoring? Please let me know. Thanks, Ronak
You must have 3 years income in Canada supported by CRA tax returns.

So if you have tax returns meeting LICO amount for 2018, 2019 and 2020, you can possibly apply to the lottery in January 2021.

If you have a Canadian/PR spouse who meets Canadian income requirement for 3 years and is a co-signer, only then can you apply earlier.

Reactions: YVR123