+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Jim_1987

May 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

If I want to add a co-signer on my existing application , my spouse started working this year.
although I am approved as sponsor and file is transferred to visa office we would still like to do it.

does anyone know the process?

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Hi, please advise, my sponsorship application was delivered on April 30, but on May 2 I was able to check the status online on ECAS, the status was the application received. Please advise does it mean that the completeness check was done and it was considered complete?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hi, please advise, my sponsorship application was delivered on April 30, but on May 2 I was able to check the status online on ECAS, the status was the application received. Please advise does it mean that the completeness check was done and it was considered complete?
all good, yes if you are able to see, all good. Now you can connect the GCkey as well. if you don't know how to, search on cic site

Reactions: newandold

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
To see the doctor it should not be a problem because the names and information on the medical reports are correct, only the letter with the bar code came wrong. I already email them and also send a web form. My parents should do the medical examination next week and I will get the police certificate translated and will send asap with a letter explaining the mistake. Do you know when and how long it should take for them to request the travel history? And what are the steps after they receive the police certificate and medical exams? Thank you @YULIA-2016
Not Yulia but seems from the SS that travel history is not requested for all applications. Maybe they do not need it in your case. I would personally not send anything that they have not requested.

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi Guys,

If I want to add a co-signer on my existing application , my spouse started working this year.
although I am approved as sponsor and file is transferred to visa office we would still like to do it.

Can you share your thought process on this? If you are approved as a sponsor, that part of the application is done and now your parents are being evaluated. If you want to add someone now, what is the benefit? May only cause delay and confusion at CIC as to why you want to do that. I am not sure they even have a process to do that. Your file is already in the visa office. Do you want it to be going back to Mississauga to check sponsorship eligibility again?
Also, if your spouse only started working this year (and sounds like he or she has not worked before), they will file taxes for 2019 in 2020. That is a year from now. Hopefully your file will be done by then and your parents landed! I would rethink your desire to add a co-signor after you have been approved as sponsor. Seems to me it has the potential to bring more negatives than positives.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
form 5406
I'm not sure about my parent's siblings email address! My grand mother's email address?!!

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
You are right about pushing them. I called CIC again this morning and got kind of different information again. They only started to process my parent visa yesterday (possibly because Hong Kong was preparing to issue the visa but I sent passport to Ottawa, but yesterday the rep said Visa was approved the day before yesterday o_O). So it is another two weeks. At least the passports are in the system.

The lesson is: if sending passport to an office other than LOV, need to inform both LOV and that office. Apparently Visa is different issue by HK and by Ottawa. Although you are exactly same situation and didn't notice anyone.
Did the rep tell you that he/she will leave the message to the officer?
My rep told me the same thing on that day saying that it might take up to 1 month to process, and return the COPR in our hand, but they processed it on the next day, and returned it on the same day. So if they know they somehow delayed the process, they prioritize accordingly.

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi Guys,

If you already got the sponsor approval, that basically means that they are fine with your income and your sponsor eligibility.
They won't care about your income anymore, and they will now focus on your parent's eligibility.

As other guy mentioned above the same thing, it will only cause the delay, and from my perspective there is no point of doing it.

It's just my personal opinion based on my knowledge, so I may not be correct, but that's my understanding.
I mean, the only case that you would like to let them know is if your marriage status was changed from the time of application, and now.

You may also want to call CIC to make sure if there is any benefit of doing it, or whether you really need to do it or not.

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hello Members,

I'm a 2019 applicant who just submitted his application yesterday, but with a mistake. I forgot to mention the names in the native language in IMM5406.

Can someone from the group advice from their experience what happens now?
@aajassani @ashique_tas
Dont worry. shouldnt be a problem, they will ask for it if they need it badly.
Although my application is still in process.