+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Feb 24, 2015
You should just go ahead with sputum test without waiting for formal request from your Regional Medical Office. If your dad requires sputum test, his X-ray probably shows something or had TB in the past. If you do it now, it will make the process much faster.
Thank you so much. I do have a IRCC we form request in and based on the response, I will direct dad for the test. Thanks again.

gayatri.kan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
I have called them and also emailed them asking if we need to upload "proof of medical exam". According to the call center, we don't need to. Also my online status shows my parents passed the medical.
hi, how many days after your parents medical updated on the account saying medical passed? can you please let me know because my parents got the medical request on March 18th, and they attended for medical tests on March 26th and doctor said we will send directly to CIC, my parents done medical in India

nitika_joshi

Jun 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
15-May-2014 (PCC, RPRF)
Nomination.....
30-Sep--2013
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
13-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2014
Hi Yulia, I got the SA letter in my email today. Ecas updated yesterday. In the letter they mentioned that my parents' application will be moved to New Delhi office. But they are here with me on a super visa with no plan of going to India.
What can I do to keep the application in Canada?

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
I received SA approval last week in an email and file is transferred to New Delhi but ECAS or GCkey still says in process. shouldn't they be changing status to DM?
Please advise..

Reactions: YULIA-2016

gayatri.kan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Congrats! When did your ecas status changed to Decision Made for Sponsorship Application before you received the email about the approval?
Mine was changed on Feb 11 and no email yet.

Thanks
Hi mine was changed on March 18th to DM for sponsorship approval, also they sent me an email with confirmation, they post my parents medical request on the same day

Reactions: Malayer

HHZ

Mar 1, 2019
hi, how many days after your parents medical updated on the account saying medical passed? can you please let me know because my parents got the medical request on March 18th, and they attended for medical tests on March 26th and doctor said we will send directly to CIC, my parents done medical in India
Yes, the doctor will send the result directly to CIC. I think it took them about a week after doctor sent the results to show my parents passed medical online.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hi Yulia
I checked Ecas and it says Decision made and file transferred to Ottawa office today . My gckey account still says In Progress.
Please update the excel sheet. Thanks.
Also have a question, any idea about the processing time of Ottawa office? I heard each office has different processing timeline.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Neil28_Canada

Aug 7, 2018
Hi Yulia, I got the SA letter in my email today. Ecas updated yesterday. In the letter they mentioned that my parents' application will be moved to New Delhi office. But they are here with me on a super visa with no plan of going to India.
What can I do to keep the application in Canada?
Hey, I also got the sponsorship approval last week and found out that my file is transferred to New Delhi even though my parents are here in Canada on Supervisa as well.
I logged into my mom's( principal applicant) ECAS status and saw that their current home address is one from India and not my address in Canada. So, I sent in the request for address update. I doubt the file will be coming back to Canada but hoping we don't get biometric request which can only be done outside Canada. :(

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Anyone here who received a letter through snail mail about the sponsorship application?

Ecas shows they sent me a letter on March 25. I wonder if it a sign of a good news. Thanks

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
Hello..i called cic few days back and agent told me that my file is in missisauga...medical is already passed for my parents.....at time of sponsor approval time it was been send to Ottawa.. what is the difference guys. You think after medical passed missisauga can transfer the case to new Delhi..

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hi everyone,

My parents received biometric request, even though they have done that few months ago for visitor visas.

ECAS still shows In Process and I have not received anything else. So I guess Medical and PCC should come next along with my SA ?
Not really.
Biometric request is generated by the office who evaluates sponsorship eligibility.
In my case the file was not transferred to the LVO until we resubmitted the biometrics for the PR application.

In our case too, biometrics for supervise were valid but they're making everyone to redo it.

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Hey, I also got the sponsorship approval last week and found out that my file is transferred to New Delhi even though my parents are here in Canada on Supervisa as well.
I logged into my mom's( principal applicant) ECAS status and saw that their current home address is one from India and not my address in Canada. So, I sent in the request for address update. I doubt the file will be coming back to Canada but hoping we don't get biometric request which can only be done outside Canada. :(
I am in the same boat as you.I am waiting for the DM and worried for the biometrics.My mom is in canada with me and my dad back home.I know that they can go to Buffalo they have an office where they can do the biometrics without the need to go overseas
Let us know if you get the request before me .
thanks