+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

My parents received biometric request, even though they have done that few months ago for visitor visas.

ECAS still shows In Process and I have not received anything else. So I guess Medical and PCC should come next along with my SA ?

Reactions: YULIA-2016

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
confusedcanadian said:
Hi forum, I have a question for my parents' PGP2018 application. My parents are in India and received IME Mar 6, 2019. They went to physician for medicals in India on Mar 12, 2019.

I inquired if they have received medical using IRCC Web form and got a reply from IRCC today stating they have received my mother's medicals but not my father's. When we called the doctor's office, the receptionist said that they were notified to conduct the 3-day sputum test for my dad. Given the 2 different messages, I have asked another query from IRCC for my dad's medicals and attached the medical information sheet he received from the doctor's office.

Question: Should we wait for formal communication of additional tests from IRCC or trust the receptionist and proceed with sputum test? Any guidance on this is much appreciated.

Hi Forum, can someone please guide? Should my father wait for formal instructions from IRCC for additioanl tests or just do it based on medical office?
You should just go ahead with sputum test without waiting for formal request from your Regional Medical Office. If your dad requires sputum test, his X-ray probably shows something or had TB in the past. If you do it now, it will make the process much faster.

QueenML

Feb 4, 2014
Anyone whose parents file was transferred to Mexico VAC? Got a SA and haven’t heard anything after that. I see that in other countries it is processed very fast after SA.

Thanks

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Anyone whose parents file was transferred to Mexico VAC? Got a SA and haven’t heard anything after that. I see that in other countries it is processed very fast after SA.

Thanks
Did you get IME, PCC or biometric? Mine is not in Mexico, and I am still waiting for SA but I got biometric !

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hello folks,

I had got the email for Sponsorship Approval (SA) . It is after 5 days from Decision Made Status in ECAS. Visa office is CPC-Mississauga.

Also checked the email header. No delay from CIC's mail server. Email was created toady on CIC's mail servers and was handed over to google server with 0 Seconds delay. Rather there was delay of 1 second on google's email server. :)

Please update the spread sheet. That information would be helpful for others

Thanks you

Reactions: sukhi_boy

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hello folks,

I had got the email for Sponsorship Approval (SA) . It is after 5 days from Decision Made Status in ECAS. Visa office is CPC-Mississauga.

Also checked the email header. No delay from CIC's mail server. Email was created toady on CIC's mail servers and was handed over to google server with 0 Seconds delay. Rather there was delay of 1 second on google's email server. :)

Please update the spread sheet. That information would be helpful for others

Thanks you
Have you checked your GC account? did they request for your biometric ? I am confused that if my SA has been approved or not, because I have got the biometric request

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Have you checked your GC account? did they request for your biometric ? I am confused that if my SA has been approved or not, because I have got the biometric request
I think biometric is for everyone. Even for visitor visa. It does not matter applicant got visa or not.

No, request for biometric for me in GCkey

Here is what i can see in GCKey

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

I am sure it would be on the way for me as well. How long ago did you got DM for SA ? Did you checked you SPAM/Junk folder?

riyopenapples

Feb 8, 2019
Hi Forum, can someone please guide? Should my father wait for formal instructions from IRCC for additioanl tests or just do it based on medical office?
Hi! The same thing happened to my parents. Hours after they did the medical, the receptionist called them regarding additional tests. They were given another appointment to go there and they were informed about the additional tests. A week after that, I received an email from the Regional Medical Officer of the Canadian Embassy regarding the required additional tests they needed to undergo, good thing they already went to the doctor’s office and did the additional tests, and further delays were avoided.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
I think biometric is for everyone. Even for visitor visa. It does not matter applicant got visa or not.

No, request for biometric for me in GCkey

Here is what i can see in GCKey

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

I am sure it would be on the way for me as well. How long ago did you got DM for SA ? Did you checked you SPAM/Junk folder?
You are right, everyone should go through that. However I would expect to receive the request after SA. I have not received my SA yet and my ECAS still shows in progress ! That's why I find it strange

riyopenapples

Feb 8, 2019
what kind of test? , for which part?
it was because some of the regular test was not normal? or something els?
I am asking because they asked additional test from my dad too but I don't know what's that.
Hi my parents were also required to do additional tests. They were required to undergo sputum test for 3 consecutive days and x-ray after 9weeks. This definitely delayed our application.

Reactions: confusedcanadian