+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
!l
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Getting selected is amazing! This is such a good opportunity!

When you submitted the interest to sponsor there is a section which asks you if you have the relevant income requirements. Did you tick yes? You must have in order to have submitted the form.

So if you ticked yes then you should have the correct income requirements.

I wish you all the best! Don't waste this wonderful opportunity. You won the lottery. How I wish I was like you. If you don't apply it is lie not going to collect your lottery winnings. Please don't let this opportunity go to waste! It could have been given to someone else otherwise. So please apply!

LOL

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
All,
I have question. I got an invitation today for my Parents sponsorship. For the last three years I have Notice of Assessment with very good income as I was earning more than 100K. Since last Nov, I have been laid off and currently I am unemployed and on Employment Insurance and looking for new opportunity. My question is

If I declare unemployed in FINANCIAL EVALUATION Form, my application will be rejected ? Because currently, I am looking for a job and might be I will get a contract in next month or two.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
You better make sure your 2018 income keeps up with the LICO amount.

Putting unemployed is fine, all they care about is the total income you're claiming on your taxes. If in any year until parents get PR status the income drops below LICO for that year, the app can be rejected later on. They typically do a final income check before issuing PR.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi, I recently got selected to sponsor my parent for 2018.

When I initially applied I didn’t notice the income requirements. I have just one applicable year income. My question is; can I keep my selection and apply in two years later? Or I will miss it? Thank you.
How did you possibly not notice it? The 3 years income table was very clearly displayed.

Since you don't meet income, you don't qualify. Your lottery selection is wasted, too bad someone who actually qualified for the spot may have missed out because you didn't read the rules properly.

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
why would anyone tick yes on they have the income requirement when they don't????
come on why bother, don't understand the motive
you use up all your luck, and you won't be selected when you really qualify, then you will understand how frustrated we are seeing all the spots being taken by ppl who can't even apply.

Reactions: hallieliu

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi,

I recently got selected to sponsor my mother for 2018.

When I initially applied I saw the information in the link below which says that for a family of 3 the minimum income should be 38.185$.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5482-instruction-fill-financial-evaluation-form-1283.html

However I see now another link which says that should be 48,00 for 2016.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#table

My income for 2016 is 45000$ and I miss the amount by 3000 dollars as I was on maternity leave that year.

My husband can co-sign, but the problem is that he was also on parental leave too until Feb 2016 and later after Feb 2016 he went on unemployment and received EI since his job consisted of him staying away from his family.

My question is: Is EI taken into consideration as income. We both were on EI that year since I was on maternity leave, but I started working in April 2016. Is EI considered as income and do we qualify......Thank you for your
The 5482 is a generic income table for sponsoring other family members. It doesn't apply to parents. None of the parents pages linked to this form, so not sure why you were using it.

The 5772 one is the specific guide to parents. This is the only you should have followed. Plus when you entered the lottery, it very clearly displayed the income required for parents specifically.

Regular EI does not count.
See here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5748e.pdf
3. INCOME SOURCES - SPONSOR
You need to subtract: (e) Amounts Paid under Employment Insurance Act, other than special benefits

Special benefits are maternity leave or due to sickness. Regular EI must be subtracted from your income do doesn't count to LICO
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/E-5.6/page-6.html#h-14

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
why would anyone tick yes on they have the income requirement when they don't????
come on why bother, don't understand the motive
you use up all your luck, and you won't be selected when you really qualify, then you will understand how frustrated we are seeing all the spots being taken by ppl who can't even apply.
It doesn't work like that.

There are no repercussions for making false declarations. Samti can apply again in 2 years and get it on his first try.

The system is very very fair.

They put it very very clear

but it is anyone's right to say yes even when the truth is no. System is fair for all.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
It doesn't work like that.

There are no repercussions for making false declarations. Samti can apply again in 2 years and get it on his first try.

The system is very very fair.

They put it very very clear

but it is anyone's right to say yes even when the truth is no. System is fair for all.
Are you being sarcastic?

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
The 5482 is a generic income table for sponsoring other family members. It doesn't apply to parents. None of the parents pages linked to this form, so not sure why you were using it.

The 5772 one is the specific guide to parents. This is the only you should have followed. Plus when you entered the lottery, it very clearly displayed the income required for parents specifically.

Regular EI does not count.
See here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5748e.pdf
3. INCOME SOURCES - SPONSOR
You need to subtract: (e) Amounts Paid under Employment Insurance Act, other than special benefits

Special benefits are maternity leave or due to sickness. Regular EI must be subtracted from your income do doesn't count to LICO
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/E-5.6/page-6.html#h-14

I have a question. in 2015 NOA i only had one kid, and total 5 people in house hold (3 of us plus 2 sponsored) so income needed for that year is 65000 and since then we are 6 people and income is 75 and 76.

My family income was 70k in 2015 ( but 5 dependents at that time adding sponsored parents) and above the MNI since then.

Will they take that into consideration ?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I have a question. in 2015 NOA i only had one kid, and total 5 people in house hold (3 of us plus 2 sponsored) so income needed for that year is 65000 and since then we are 6 people and income is 75 and 76.

My family income was 70k in 2015 ( but 5 dependents at that time adding sponsored parents) and above the MNI since then.

Will they take that into consideration ?
I think they use whatever size of family NOW to calculate LICO required for previous years too. So even if you only had 1 kid back in 2015 but have 2 kids in 2018 they will want you to have had income for 6 for 2015.