+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

CAN.east

Feb 15, 2018
They selected 15000 application but it doesn't say how many applied for this year 2018. Looks like this year less people than last year. hope all the best for all of you....I deleted my confirmation number so i don't know how can i check until i don't get any email from CIC.
You send then your info./client id through web form as it says on the website ( if you lost your confirmation no. Send a webfrm....!!!) and they will reply to you.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Just wanted to say that I am impressed by your change of attitude over the past couple of weeks. After all the ranting about wealthier people getting priority because they would be able to care for their parents better I was surprised that you wouldn't spend money on insurance for your parents and were waiting for the government to do it. Sure others with lesser means sacrificed to bring their parents to Canada on a supervisa so you r logic was incorrect.

Just wanted to clarify that the insurance under supervisa is for emergencies and not longterm treatment. If your parents got diagnosed with cancer while in Canada they would be expected to go home to pursue treatment when they were medically stable.
Thank you very much.

I have been willing to spend the money. It is my parents who do not wish me to spend the money.

My parents are frugal people who do not think spending on insurance premiums and healthcare here is prudent. I disagree of course.

They has told me that if we got the invitation then they would consider moving over otherwise they feel it is a waste of money.

Life is not all about money and money can always be earned.

I was hoping to get the invitation and then get my parents moving off their bums.

Anyway I am now telling them to consider seriously that we may never get the PR.

I do think that supervisa and spending money on premiums isn't quite the same. Many of you keep saying that if you are rich you can go on supervisa etc.

But as you have shown if my parents get very ill or have a chronic illness that requires care they have to return to their home countries. I guess that will mean I will have to live abroad for a period of time.

Well as you have pointed out before it is all my fault for wanting to migrate to Canada and leave my parents behind. Well that wasn't my intention . I wanted to move stabilize then bring my parents over.

Anyway it is the fairest way.

But I take back what I said about Lotto. Even if I won lotto I still cannot bring my parents over long term. They have to die back in their country.

It is sad. But it is also fair and being fair is the most important in Canada.

lolacika

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

I recently got selected to sponsor my mother for 2018.

When I initially applied I saw the information in the link below which says that for a family of 3 the minimum income should be 38.185$.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5482-instruction-fill-financial-evaluation-form-1283.html

However I see now another link which says that should be 48,00 for 2016.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#table

My income for 2016 is 45000$ and I miss the amount by 3000 dollars as I was on maternity leave that year.

My husband can co-sign, but the problem is that he was also on parental leave too until Feb 2016 and later after Feb 2016 he went on unemployment and received EI since his job consisted of him staying away from his family.

My question is: Is EI taken into consideration as income. We both were on EI that year since I was on maternity leave, but I started working in April 2016. Is EI considered as income and do we qualify......Thank you for your

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello,
I have been selected too to sponsor my parents, and was given 60 days to complete and submit the requirements. As I was reviewing the Document Checklist, for the supporting documents, (#5. Copy of travel document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependant.) Is it original passport to be submitted or the photocopy?

Thank you

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,
I have been selected too to sponsor my parents, and was given 60 days to complete and submit the requirements. As I was reviewing the Document Checklist, for the supporting documents, (#5. Copy of travel document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependant.) Is it original passport to be submitted or the photocopy?

Thank you
Photocopy

Samti

Mar 21, 2018
Hi, I recently got selected to sponsor my parent for 2018.

When I initially applied I didn’t notice the income requirements. I have just one applicable year income. My question is; can I keep my selection and apply in two years later? Or I will miss it? Thank you.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow so many missed spots are given to idiots who can't even take the time to understand the requirements. i feel the pain for people who read these comments and have been waiting for a few years to win the lottery and sponsor their parents..

Samti

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,

When I initially applied I saw the information in the link below which says that for a family of 3 the minimum income should be 38.185$.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5482-instruction-fill-financial-evaluation-form-1283.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#table

My income for 2016 is 45000$ and I miss the amount by 3000 dollars as I was on maternity leave that year.

My husband can co-sign, but the problem is that he was also on parental leave too until Feb 2016 and later after Feb 2016 he went on unemployment and received EI since his job consisted of him staying away from his family.

My question is: Is EI taken into consideration as income. We both were on EI that year since I was on maternity leave, but I started working in April 2016. Is EI considered as income and do we qualify......Thank you for your

Hi there, Do you know if we can keep and save this for one or two years? I got selected in 2018. But initially i didn’t notice the income requirements.
Thank you.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016

When I initially applied I didn’t notice the income requirements. I have just one applicable year income. My question is; can I keep my selection and apply in two years later? Or I will miss it? Thank you.

only you wish

Reactions: Samti

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Wow so many missed spots are given to idiots who can't even take the time to understand the requirements. i feel the pain for people who read these comments and have been waiting for a few years to win the lottery and sponsor their parents..
If there are more people like this, then there will be a second round of selection.

Reactions: Samti

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton

You will have to reapply for the draw in 2020 as the invitation expires on 25th May 2018.

Reactions: CAN.east and Samti

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Getting selected is amazing! This is such a good opportunity!

When you submitted the interest to sponsor there is a section which asks you if you have the relevant income requirements. Did you tick yes? You must have in order to have submitted the form.

web hosting images free

So if you ticked yes then you should have the correct income requirements.

I wish you all the best! Don't waste this wonderful opportunity. You won the lottery. How I wish I was like you. If you don't apply it is lie not going to collect your lottery winnings. Please don't let this opportunity go to waste! It could have been given to someone else otherwise. So please apply!

Last edited:

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi,

Ye

EI is income.