+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

AJ11

Mar 20, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who received invitation of sponsorship in the 1st round of interest to sponsor. Wondering if CIC will pick in the 2nd round too

Reactions: CAN.east

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hello Everyone,

To those who are selected, congratulations!!!
Will you be able to share with us the content of the email?

To those who are not selected yet and waiting like myself, there is still hope for second round.

I am anxious right now because I dont know if I am selected or not. I did not receive an email yet, but the website says email of invitation is being sent starting yesterday, Mar19, so my assumption is that CIC will continue to send invitation emails for few days. I already forgot my confirmation number but I am certain I saved it in my computer in the office.

Cant wait to go back to work tomorrow, LOL

Goodluck and Godbless us all!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: missingmymom

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Congratulations to everyone who received invitation of sponsorship in the 1st round of interest to sponsor. Wondering if CIC will pick in the 2nd round too
Hi,
There will be second round if CIC is not able to get 10,000 complete and eligible apps.

Best of luck to all of us

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Speaking of winning the lottery, I just got an email from IRCC today informing me that I can now apply to sponsor my parents. I thought they are not going to send out invitations until late April.

Anyhow, should anyone wants to know, IRCC is sending invitations now - or may be even earlier. I got mine today.
You are one lucky person, can you share what it says in the email please?

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
I am in same boat, I can see my Reference number but didn't got email yet.
CIC is sending email invites and started yesterday, I think the office will continue to send invitation emails within the week. In my case, I forgot already about my reference number and no email yet, so your situation is way better than mine, LOL.

But hey, congratulations!!!
Best of luck

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Kemeshia:

You do not need to include your reference number. It has a barcode on the first st page, and says:

“Below is a barcode that will help our agents match the information you supplied when you submitted your interest to sponsor your parents. Please print this page, and include it as your first page when you submit your application.”

So, don’t sweat if you lost your reference number. As for seeing 15k reference numbers, I think that’s the preliminary list. They send out invitations to the first batch and have extra 5k as a backup in case some people are found to be not eligible. That’s just my thought.

Curious, eh? ;)
Sounds optimistic, I like that

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Got selected! I am not adding my wife as co-signer my income is sufficient, should I also send our marriage certificate with the application?
Congratulations!!!
You can exclude your wife as a co-signer but since your wife is included still in the family size count, so IMO, include your MC for reference.
Goodluck!!!

Reactions: aakber

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Hello Everyone,

To those who are selected, congratulations!!!
Will you be able to share with us the content of the email?

To those who are not selected yet and waiting like myself, there is still hope for second round.

I am anxious right now because I dont know if I am selected or not. I did not receive an email yet, but the website says email of invitation is being sent starting yesterday, Mar19, so my assumption is that CIC will continue to send invitation emails for few days. I already forgot my confirmation number but I am certain I saved it in my computer in the office.

Cant wait to go back to work tomorrow, LOL

Goodluck and Godbless us all!!!
Here is the Content.

"Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Interest to Sponsor form for the Parents and Grandparents program.

Attached please find a letter related to your submission. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs."

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
HEy Guys, is there a write up anywhere on what are the steps? is the process for parents sponsorship application similar to spousal sponsorship?

Also, i saw the document checklist does not have any medical or police clearance for the parents, is it required in the first step?

thanks for your inputs....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
HEy Guys, is there a write up anywhere on what are the steps? is the process for parents sponsorship application similar to spousal sponsorship?

Also, i saw the document checklist does not have any medical or police clearance for the parents, is it required in the first step?

thanks for your inputs....
All the steps are outlined in the following link. If you haven't applied already, it's too late for 2018. You will need to enter the lottery next year.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/apply.html

Medical is done later on, not required for the first step.

Step 1 is entering the lottery.
1. Receive an invitation to submit a complete application
To receive an invitation to submit a complete application:

1. You must tell us you want to apply by submitting an online interest to sponsor form.
    • this form is not an application
    • the interest to sponsor form closed on February 1, 2018
  2. You must be randomly selected:
    • after the online form closes, we review the submissions and remove any duplicates
    • for 2018, we aim to receive 10,000 complete applications

Reactions: Kan_Sri

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
All the steps are outlined in the following link. If you haven't applied already, it's too late for 2018. You will need to enter the lottery next year.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/apply.html

Medical is done later on, not required for the first step.

Step 1 is entering the lottery.
Thanks @razerblade, I have read this - but i was wondering what the steps are

Step 1 Lottery
Step 2 fill out and submit the application along with corresponding fees

And then what happens? when is medical required? when is police clearance required?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks @razerblade, I have read this - but i was wondering what the steps are

Step 1 Lottery
Step 2 fill out and submit the application along with corresponding fees

And then what happens? when is medical required? when is police clearance required?
I believe after IRCC approves you as a sponsor, then the file, which includes the application for PR for your parents and/or grandparents, is transferred to the local visa office in your respective country. It's only then, that the PR processing begins and your parents will be invited for medical checkup and additional documents will be requested if needed. That's my understanding.

Reactions: Kan_Sri

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nope. You can submit. There is nothing preventing anyone from submitting an application once they are selected by the lottery system. In fact CIC is obliged to process the application received once the applicant is picked by the lottery system even if they qualify or not qualify thus using up tax payer dollars and man working hours to process an application that does not meet requirements and handle and respond to queries appeals etc.

Correct Rob?

But for the sake of having a fair system, this is price we all have to pay.

I think I better scale back here. Peace out!

Just wanted to say that I am impressed by your change of attitude over the past couple of weeks. After all the ranting about wealthier people getting priority because they would be able to care for their parents better I was surprised that you wouldn't spend money on insurance for your parents and were waiting for the government to do it. Sure others with lesser means sacrificed to bring their parents to Canada on a supervisa so you r logic was incorrect.

Just wanted to clarify that the insurance under supervisa is for emergencies and not longterm treatment. If your parents got diagnosed with cancer while in Canada they would be expected to go home to pursue treatment when they were medically stable.

Reactions: yycpam