+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Mar 21, 2018
I have a question. in 2015 NOA i only had one kid, and total 5 people in house hold (3 of us plus 2 sponsored) so income needed for that year is 65000 and since then we are 6 people and income is 75 and 76.

My family income was 70k in 2015 ( but 5 dependents at that time adding sponsored parents) and above the MNI since then.

Will they take that into consideration ?
I checked with cic helpline in January as I also have similar situation. They mentioned that the child is added to list only from the birth year. So in your case 2015 will be count 5 and 2016 onwards is count 6. I would recommend that you attach a letter explaining this with your application. If you still have confusion, you can talk to cic helpline. Its difficult to get to them but keep trying until you are successful.

Reactions: mrlahori

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I checked with cic helpline in January as I also have similar situation. They mentioned that the child is added to list only from the birth year. So in your case 2015 will be count 5 and 2016 onwards is count 6. I would recommend that you attach a letter explaining this with your application. If you still have confusion, you can talk to cic helpline. Its difficult to get to them but keep trying until you are successful.

Sorry my bad then. My lawyer had told me different thing. But I met the LICO requirements anyway. Anyway I didnt get selected last year or this year.

Hopefull I will get selected before I pass away.

Mar 21, 2018
Well, sometimes CIC helpline reps give conflicting answers. I would call again to make sure.
I called cic to confirm only when someone else on this forum mentioned that they got this reply from cic helpline. I got back the same answer. I do not want anyone to trust my words but call cic instead but those in a similar situation and selected in lottery should definitely call cic helpline to confirm. I hope they just don't end up not sending their application based on comments here.

manie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Well the system is entirely fair. You are certainly welcome to give it a try. Worst case is they say no. But at least you tried.

or you can go the advice of many professionals who know what they are doing and say no don't waste your money.

It's a fair and free system. You can do what you want. Similarly I could also send in an application even though I was not selected and they will probably send it back to me or just throw it in the trash. We can do anything.
-----
Last year, I tried to send the lottery interest form, but when I checked the sponsor's income requirements, noticed that I should have enough income for 2013, 2014 and 2015. Since I was short of $4000 for 2013, I did not even think about entering into the lottery. Once the interest form was closed, they changed the income requirement for 2014, 2015 and 2016 ( I met the lico requirements for these years). I missed the chance. This year I entered into the lottery, but no luck.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I called cic to confirm only when someone else on this forum mentioned that they got this reply from cic helpline. I got back the same answer. I do not want anyone to trust my words but call cic instead but those in a similar situation and selected in lottery should definitely call cic helpline to confirm. I hope they just don't end up not sending their application based on comments here.
Yeah at least call 2 or 3 agents, if the same answer then that's true, some posters here doesn't believe in whatever the call center agents say cause they believe agents are always wrong and the poster is right.

Mar 21, 2018
Sorry my bad then. My lawyer had told me different thing. But I met the LICO requirements anyway. Anyway I didnt get selected last year or this year.

Hopefull I will get selected before I pass away.

Don't worry you will get selected eventually. I can understand the frustration of missing out but there isn't much we can do about it except for trying again and again till we get selected.

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
Thanks a lot for this. I will definitely call. So did you apply for sponsorship ? or get the confirmation about this from just one helpline agent or more ?

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks a lot for this. I will definitely call. So did you apply for sponsorship ? or get the confirmation about this from just one helpline agent or more ?
I called in only to one agent but he didn't answered straightaway. The person put me on hold for couple of minutes to check and the confirmed. I would believe their words. I would suggest to note the time of your call and person you have talked to. Assuming you get positive answer, mention that you called cic helpline number to confirm and provide the details of your call. Logically it makes sense to not count the child in years before birth.

I have not yet sponsored my parents as I didn't got selected in this year's lottery. I called cic before entering lottery because I didn't wanted to take somebody else's spot in case I wasn't eligible this year.

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
I called in only to one agent but he didn't answered straightaway. The person put me on hold for couple of minutes to check and the confirmed. I would believe their words. I would suggest to note the time of your call and person you have talked to. Assuming you get positive answer, mention that you called cic helpline number to confirm and provide the details of your call. Logically it makes sense to not count the child in years before birth.

I have not yet sponsored my parents as I didn't got selected in this year's lottery. I called cic before entering lottery because I didn't wanted to take somebody else's spot in case I wasn't eligible this year.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I will call them to confirm and apply accordingly. Either my parent alone or with my brother, depending on the outcome of the call.

And Good luck next year or maybe you get lucky in the second round. Fingers crossed.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I will call them to confirm and apply accordingly. Either my parent alone or with my brother, depending on the outcome of the call.

And Good luck next year or maybe you get lucky in the second round. Fingers crossed.
You can't apply for your brother, the program is called parents and grandparents sponsorship, not parents, grandparents and siblings sponsorship.
If he is dependent of your parents, he is included in the family size.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017

Let us know what the agent says about either your parent along or with your brother.