+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Hi @YULIA-2016

I lost my access to update the spread sheet. I think you or someone else has already updated the spread sheet with documents required column. Also my eCas status is changed to in process now. You can change that too

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor ****** on August 7, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 22, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

sham_ip

Dec 29, 2014
Why sometimes doctors request 4 photos for the medical exam?
I am wondering if i could use the photos i used in the application, they are 7 months old ! What do you think?

noriecarlos

Jan 9, 2019
Hi,

I would appreciate any information or answers regarding my inquiry below.

My mother is currently here in Canada. Her Temporary Resident status extension will expire on April 15, 2019. She arrived here in Canada on May 2017. I have extended her stay twice (6 months and 1 year). So all in all, she's been here for more than one and a half years. Here are my questions:

1. Is Canada Visitor Visa counterfoil in the passport and TRV the same?

2. The Canada visitor visa (multiple entry) counterfoil in her passport will expire on April 20, 2019 and her Temporary Resident Status document will expire on April 15, 2019, can I apply again for more than 6 months extension or longer though the counterfoil is until April 20, 2019 only? Does she have to leave Canada and apply again for Canada Visitor Visa in the Philippines? Or she can still stay here in Canada and I will just apply for an extension of her Temporary Resident Status?

3. Parents and Grandparents sponsorship will open again this January, can I apply for sponsorship while my Mother is still here in Canada via visitor visa or she needs to be in the Philippines while I'm doing the application?

Thank you in advance for your help.

rajarunpaul

Oct 5, 2018
Hi, I have the same case too, they asked for my father death certificate and I sent it through fax as they mentioned in letter and I received letter by email. I didn’t call them to confirm they received or not yet.
Finally I got the letter and it was my father-in-laws death certificate. I sent the originals to ircc and they returned me back. I really got surprised when I received the letter.

Another question my ecas still shows application received. How long will it take to the process? They say "in process" means sending of the sponsorship application? Thanks in advance!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Why sometimes doctors request 4 photos for the medical exam?
I am wondering if i could use the photos i used in the application, they are 7 months old ! What do you think?
they should be 6 mon old :cool:

Reactions: sham_ip

Aarav123

Oct 10, 2013
Hello everyone,
my mother's application currently says decision made(ecas status) expanding to following:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 22, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on November 30, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on October 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 23, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.
In addition medicals,pcc done and pre arrival letter recieved on 1st dec 2018
My questions are:

1. How do i check the date when status was changed to decision made?
2. When i linked my application to my cic account for detailed info it says current status is submitted and doesn't say decision made like ecas status any suggestions on this?
3.Any idea how long it takes to get ppr?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
I am trying to fax the documents to Mississauga office but looks like Fax (905-803-7392.is not working. it's failing
Does anyone having same issue?