+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hello All,
I have been asked to provide Death certificate of my dad. Some part of that certificate is in bengali ( We are from Bangladesh). So have done the translation but they have asked to provide certified translation? My question is , how do I certify? Do I certify here or back home? Who can certify and what's the method? Please advise.
Other than certified translations, you can also get the original document to Notary public for making a certified copy

Reactions: fisahma

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Thanks. Can I get the notary public from back home too? Or I have to do it in Canada?
Do you have the original document here in Canada?

If yes, do it in Canada to avoid the time taking process of sending it back and forth, otherwise the notary public of your original country should work fine too

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Thanks. Can I get the notary public from back home too? Or I have to do it in Canada?
Hi there, I am new here but want to clarify something for you - a notary public will do a certified copy of your document - i.e. certify that a copy you bring with you matches the original. If you include your own translation of the document, the notary will certify that as part of the copy. But it simply says that the copy is a true copy of the original - i.e. both are the same documents with the same content. I suspect CIC is asking for a certified translation, which can only be done by certified translators who know both languages and then certify that the English translation they have done of the document matches the original content in Bengali. These are two different things. A list of certified translators can be found often on the consular pages of your embassy. Or can be done back home as well. Good luck with this.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Here is the weird thing I found with my file
I've seen all the people in the spreadsheet received their invitation on either 31 July or 1st August, but my invitation letter was sent to me on August 27. Thats a bit weird
Any suggestions?
lets say you are lucky :)

Reactions: karan.dandiwal

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Hi @YULIA-2016
My parents country of citizenship is Pakistan, the sheet mentions India for some reason
Also, ecas mentions the application processing began on 5th December. Not sure what process started after all these months. No email or cic account update/message

Reactions: USK and YULIA-2016

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Hi there, I am new here but want to clarify something for you - a notary public will do a certified copy of your document - i.e. certify that a copy you bring with you matches the original. If you include your own translation of the document, the notary will certify that as part of the copy. But it simply says that the copy is a true copy of the original - i.e. both are the same documents with the same content. I suspect CIC is asking for a certified translation, which can only be done by certified translators who know both languages and then certify that the English translation they have done of the document matches the original content in Bengali. These are two different things. A list of certified translators can be found often on the consular pages of your embassy. Or can be done back home as well. Good luck with this.
Thanks so much. Actually the original copy is at back homr and my uncle is doing the translation. but was not sure how to certified that. Notary is an easy option back home, and I think that's the safest and fastest option. Thanks again.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks so much. Actually the original copy is at back homr and my uncle is doing the translation. but was not sure how to certified that. Notary is an easy option back home, and I think that's the safest and fastest option. Thanks again.
Notary usually does the translation as well. I did mine in back in the old country as well and made a certified true copy of the original. Then, I attached the certified copy to the translated notarized version and send it off with my application. That worked and I never got any document request from CIC.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hi @YULIA-2016
My parents country of citizenship is Pakistan, the sheet mentions India for some reason
Also, ecas mentions the application processing began on 5th December. Not sure what process started after all these months. No email or cic account update/message
That's a good news. Some positive activity has started in the London Visa Office. Most probably the Background checks.