+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello Everyone,

I know this forum is for 2018, but i need an advice from people who are already in the process.

Right now my family size is 4 incl. parents and i meet the income requirments for 4 people for 2016/17/18 which are required years for 2019's PGP. This year we are planning for a baby, so lets say, we have a new born in Oct-Nov, will they do a check of our income couting the baby for all 3 previous years? I meet the income for even 5 people incl baby for 2017 and 2018, just in 2016 I fall short by $280 if i include the newborn. Or they will require income for the increased family size for just the year family was increased. Please advice me if they usually do income checks during the processing, do they ask you to provide NOAs again, and do you inform them about the increased family ?

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I know this forum is for 2018, but i need an advice from people who are already in the process.

Right now my family size is 4 incl. parents and i meet the income requirments for 4 people for 2016/17/18 which are required years for 2019's PGP. This year we are planning for a baby, so lets say, we have a new born in Oct-Nov, will they do a check of our income couting the baby for all 3 previous years? I meet the income for even 5 people incl baby for 2017 and 2018, just in 2016 I fall short by $280 if i include the newborn. Or they will require income for the increased family size for just the year family was increased. Please advice me if they usually do income checks during the processing, do they ask you to provide NOAs again, and do you inform them about the increased family ?

Thank you in advance
They use the number of family members when the application is submitted. So for you, it's 4. (since you are still planning to have a baby)
You need to meet income for all 3 years for 4. After you baby is born, you need to inform IRCC and if they want to re-evaluate your income at that point you will need to proof sufficient income for 5 people for 2019 or later (depending on how long is the processing time)

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
They use the number of family members when the application is submitted. So for you, it's 4. (since you are still planning to have a baby)
You need to meet income for all 3 years for 4. After you baby is born, you need to inform IRCC and if they want to re-evaluate your income at that point you will need to proof sufficient income for 5 people for 2019 or later (depending on how long is the processing time)
Thank you so much for your reply.
So that means i do not have to meet the MNI for new family size for 3 years, instead they can ask it for the current year 2019, right? People in the 2019 pgp discussion are saying you will have to meet for 5 people even in the previous years, which i hope and believe is not like that. Isn't there any official info out there about this topic.
How do you inform them? An email ?

Again thank you so much.

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance
I would think the family size is at the time of application and not future.

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
I have a question, As CIC asked me to provide my dad's death certificate and I have submitted that. Does anyone know if they send a confirmation email that they have received or update the ecas or at the online account, that they have received it? Or they don't send any confirmation, just keep processing

Last edited:

Saks4291

Feb 8, 2017
I have a question in regards to Minimum Income Requirement.

I am planning on submitting my application to sponsor my parents (both mom and dad) this year when it opens (Jan 28th).

Till date I have been living alone in Canada. To meet the Minimum Income Requirement for last 3 years, do I need to satisfy ''Size of Family Unit Minimum Income' for 2 persons or 3 persons?

I think I already know the anwser...but just want to confirm. Any replies will be much appreciated.

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I have a question in regards to Minimum Income Requirement.

I am planning on submitting my application to sponsor my parents (both mom and dad) this year when it opens (Jan 28th).

Till date I have been living alone in Canada. To meet the Minimum Income Requirement for last 3 years, do I need to satisfy ''Size of Family Unit Minimum Income' for 2 persons or 3 persons?

I think I already know the anwser...but just want to confirm. Any replies will be much appreciated.
You need to meet the income for 3 unless you have kids and a spouse/ common law then you have to add those too.