+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

htshum

May 7, 2018
My parent's address is in Hong Kong, but Visa Office assigned to Ottawa too. Does it actually matter? Does my dad at some point need to travel to the Visa Office in person? Thanks.

Another update, received Sponsorship Approval letter this evening. As per letter, the application has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa.

The letter says "This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address" but I had put my parents home address in India, weired!

01-May-2018 - Application Received
06-July-2018 - AOR Received
10-July-2018 - ECAS updated to In-Process
20-July-2018 - ECAS updated to Decision Made

20-July-2018 - Sponsorship Approval letter received via email. CPC-OTTAWA assigned.

Kaushuque

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Applied May 5th
Sponsorship Decision made - 17 July
Application of PR - In process
Processing Office assigned to Ottawa, since my parents are already in Canada on Super Visa
May I ask when your parents came to canada and when they did their medical for Super visa?
Thank you.

robsmann

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Hi All,
LVO-Ottawa has sent request letter on 20th July 2018 for following through myCIC account. @admin- please update SS.
  1. Father- Medical (form attached), PCC, Travel history, Details of Govt Service.
  2. Mother- Medical (form attached), PCC.

Now, my question- I have not received the form referred in the request letter. Does anybody have this form?

"Details of Govt Service: Please complete the enclosed Details of Government Employment form. This must be received at this office by: 2018/08/20"

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Our file was sent to Ottawa instead of India. Parents are in India and they never had super visa. Neither their address on the forms was Canadian.
I think for citizen sponsors they are forwarding it to Ottawa.For PR holder sponsors they are sending it to local VO.It is only my assumption.My parents are from Bangladesh.They have never came to Canada.I am a citizen and my files have been transferred to Ottawa.

Reactions: AnNingCanada

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
My parent's address is in Hong Kong, but Visa Office assigned to Ottawa too. Does it actually matter? Does my dad at some point need to travel to the Visa Office in person? Thanks.
I don't think he will have to travel, once the PR is confirmed he can submit his passport in the Canadian Visa office in or around Hong Kong.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Schedule A Form. After putting the name in the signature box, do we have to sign it by hand as well?
Yes, instructions are in the guide.

If you are submitting this form in paper format by mail (this applies if your application kit requires you to submit a paper copy of your Schedule A as part of your complete application):
  • You can fill out the form on your computer (recommended) or fill it out by hand.
    • If you are filling it out on the computer: in the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool. Then, print out the form and sign in writing (provide your original handwritten signature) next to your name in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
    • If you are filling the form out by hand: in the signature section, sign your name and complete the date legibly. If you do not sign and date the form, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.

Reactions: gst8486

angel1287

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Hi everyone

I had a question

My parents received an email from cic for medical and supplementary travel information form
There is also a form in the format .xfdf format
Dont know if anybody else received this and how to open it

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone

I had a question

My parents received an email from cic for medical and supplementary travel information form
There is also a form in the format .xfdf format
Dont know if anybody else received this and how to open it
Check here:
https://www.lifewire.com/xfdf-file-2622488

Question from me to you or anyone who knows: for supplementary travel information, do we need to provide all travels up till the date when the form is filled OR the date that we signed the original application forms ?

My father traveled a few more times after the application was submitted. Wondering if I need to account for those.

Thanks

Last edited:

angel1287

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Hii

I think it says last 10 years and it doesn’t harm to give up to date information!
So you could fill it!
Sorry but did you or anyone else also receive the xfdf file

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hii

I think it says last 10 years and it doesn’t harm to give up to date information!
So you could fill it!
Sorry but did you or anyone else also receive the xfdf file
hmm, reason for asking is, including current travels could affect whether I need to provide a PCC from certain countries or not. That's why I was asking.

I haven't gotten that far in the process yet. Just got AOR last week. Perhaps, someone else can help answer the question.

But from what I understand, you don't need to open the xfdf file, just make sure it's in the same directory as the pdf file. I think.

angel1287

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Oh i dont think u provide pcc till you live in that place for at least 6 months to one year
That’s what I think

hmm, reason for asking is, including current travels could affect whether I need to provide a PCC from certain countries or not. That's why I was asking.

I haven't gotten that far in the process yet. Just got AOR last week. Perhaps, someone else can help answer the question.

But from what I understand, you don't need to open the xfdf file, just make sure it's in the same directory as the pdf file. I think.

Siraj2115

Jun 13, 2018
Plz updated for me line82.
App rcvd- 8 may
Aor- 8 july
Gor email on 17 july tht ur file is accepted under 2018 cap but cnt link app to gc account.
Does it mean tht i m appr