+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

vividglider

Jul 17, 2018
On you CIC profile - when you click on View submitted application Link you will see parents names and underneath you will start seeing the option to upload requested documents.

This is what I have in my parent's account. No option to upload any documents, LVO has asked
- PCC
- RPRF receipt
I guess the only option is to mail them??

sandeep.dhanju

Jul 19, 2018
They send the file to regional Canadian high commissions based on the applicants’ current country of residence. If you provided an address in Canada as your parents current address, then their applications would be sent to Ottawa.

This is pretty apparent since people whose applications got sent to Ottawa have their parents on Super Visa in Canada. I’m assuming that you guys sent the PGP application after your parents are already in Canada on Super Visa, which forced you guys to provide Canadian address as their current address.
Thank you for your inputs. My parents are travelling back to India today.they were in visitor visa in canada from last couple of months. Do you think i should inform ircc regarding their travel back to india?

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hi,
My ECAS status changed to Decision Made on 19 July (AOR was 26 Jun) - already updated in the spreadsheet.

Question:
1. after how many days should i expect SA email ?

2. my mom (principal applicant) is in Canada on super visa and her 6 month stay is expiring soon. I just came across this CIC link below, which clearly says, no need to renew supervisa - its automatically 2 year entry. It seems, this super visa rule is clarified recently. In the past, entry was assumed to be 6 months, if no date is mentioned under stamp.

can some one please validate this ? Thanks in advance

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=426&_ga=2.242831362.1611539591.1532020896-1095779448.1532020896

Reactions: YULIA-2016

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

This is what I have in my parent's account. No option to upload any documents, LVO has asked
- PCC
- RPRF receipt
I guess the only option is to mail them??
For some reason the screenshot you posted is not showing up. Regardless, if there is no upload option in the View submitted application section and you have received the request to submit PCC and RPRF receipt, I will suggest you to give a call to IRCC call center. They will help you in resolving this issue.

Does the communication you received, provides uploading as the only option, does it says anything about mailing the PCC and RPRF receipt?

If there is a mention about mailing the document, then you can mail the documents right away, and later as soon as you see uploading options under the 'View submitted application' section, upload the scanned copy of PCC and RPRF receipt. Make sure you scan the PCC and keep it safe with you, before mailing the copy to IRCC. But call IRCC for sure. Good Luck!

Reactions: Maryamcanada

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you for your inputs. My parents are travelling back to India today.they were in visitor visa in canada from last couple of months. Do you think i should inform ircc regarding their travel back to india?
You are not required to inform IRCC about your parents return. But if in the application you mentioned their current address as your address (in Canada), I will recommend you to get that changed to their address in India.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: sandeep.dhanju

vividglider

Jul 17, 2018
For some reason the screenshot you posted is not showing up. Regardless, if there is no upload option in the View submitted application section and you have received the request to submit PCC and RPRF receipt, I will suggest you to give a call to IRCC call center. They will help you in resolving this issue.

Does the communication you received, provides uploading as the only option, does it says anything about mailing the PCC and RPRF receipt?

If there is a mention about mailing the document, then you can mail the documents right away, and later as soon as you see uploading options under the 'View submitted application' section, upload the scanned copy of PCC and RPRF receipt. Make sure you scan the PCC and keep it safe with you, before mailing the copy to IRCC. But call IRCC for sure. Good Luck!
Below is the excerpt of the email that we received. It talks about creating MyCIC account. As my dad had CIC GC key from previous visitor visa applicaiton, we just linked the applicaiton and there is no option for uploading the documents. I tried calling CIC but is there a better way to key in the option - selecting right option to get to the agent quickly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to process your application in the most efficient way possible and need your valuable help.
Here’s how you can help us:
· Create a MyCIC account and upload any documents that we request through your account. Documents submitted this way reach an officer faster. To create a MyCIC account, please visit our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp.
· contact us if there is a change in
o your mailing address, e-mail address, or phone number
o your marital status, or the marital status of your dependents
o your family composition, such as a birth or death in your family
o your passport (you have obtained a new passport for you or your dependents)
o other information relevant to your application (for example you want to withdraw your application, or you want to add /revoke a representative)​
· send information once, using one method only (MyCIC or the Web form or the IRCC website or e-mail or mail). We know you want to be sure we receive it, but sending us the same information multiple times pulls resources away from file processing.
· send all attachments ( for example: birth certificate of a new child, new passport information) in PDF format for faster processing.
· be patient. We don’t want to miss any of the information you have provided. Your application is in queue for processing and we will contact you if we need any additional information.

What else can you do to make sure your application is ready for processing?
· If you have not already done your medical examination, please ensure to do it as soon as you receive the medical instructions and forms.
· If your sponsor has not already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) please see our website for how to pay fees online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp. RPRF has to be paid for you and your spouse only.
· If you have not already done so, obtain any required police certificates for you (and any dependents 18 or older). Please see our website for how to obtain police certificates: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp.

PLEASE DO SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS: confirmation of medical exam form, copies of RPRF receipts, police certificates for you and your accompanying family members.

Following the instructions listed above will help us use our office resources to process your application more efficiently.

In anticipation of our next communication with you, take a look at what awaits you in Canada and learn more about Canada, at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/live/index.asp. Topics include:
· Get to know Canada
· Improve your English and French language ability
· Living in Canada​

You are an important client for our office and we appreciate your patience and cooperation in helping us serve you better.

Sincerely,
The New Delhi Immigration Section
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anubhob

Mar 23, 2018
Canada

In my case, it says, "Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.". My interpretation is that it would be ok to attach the PCC and travel history forms in email response. The medical exam report will be forwarded to IRCC by the physician.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Below is the excerpt of the email that we received. It talks about creating MyCIC account. As my dad had CIC GC key from previous visitor visa applicaiton, we just linked the applicaiton and there is no option for uploading the documents. I tried calling CIC but is there a better way to key in the option - selecting right option to get to the agent quickly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to process your application in the most efficient way possible and need your valuable help.
Here’s how you can help us:
· Create a MyCIC account and upload any documents that we request through your account. Documents submitted this way reach an officer faster. To create a MyCIC account, please visit our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp.
· contact us if there is a change in
o your mailing address, e-mail address, or phone number
o your marital status, or the marital status of your dependents
o your family composition, such as a birth or death in your family
o your passport (you have obtained a new passport for you or your dependents)
o other information relevant to your application (for example you want to withdraw your application, or you want to add /revoke a representative)​
· send information once, using one method only (MyCIC or the Web form or the IRCC website or e-mail or mail). We know you want to be sure we receive it, but sending us the same information multiple times pulls resources away from file processing.
· send all attachments ( for example: birth certificate of a new child, new passport information) in PDF format for faster processing.
· be patient. We don’t want to miss any of the information you have provided. Your application is in queue for processing and we will contact you if we need any additional information.

What else can you do to make sure your application is ready for processing?
· If you have not already done your medical examination, please ensure to do it as soon as you receive the medical instructions and forms.
· If your sponsor has not already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) please see our website for how to pay fees online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp. RPRF has to be paid for you and your spouse only.
· If you have not already done so, obtain any required police certificates for you (and any dependents 18 or older). Please see our website for how to obtain police certificates: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp.

PLEASE DO SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS: confirmation of medical exam form, copies of RPRF receipts, police certificates for you and your accompanying family members.

Following the instructions listed above will help us use our office resources to process your application more efficiently.

In anticipation of our next communication with you, take a look at what awaits you in Canada and learn more about Canada, at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/live/index.asp. Topics include:
· Get to know Canada
· Improve your English and French language ability
· Living in Canada​

You are an important client for our office and we appreciate your patience and cooperation in helping us serve you better.

Sincerely,
The New Delhi Immigration Section
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for sharing the letter content. So New Delhi Visa Office wants you to send information via one method only (MyCIC or the Web form or the IRCC website or e-mail or mail). I guess in that case it's worth waiting for IRCC to resolve the issue (once you talk with them). I also see that they are asking to get the Medical done too because they have asked for confirmation of medical exam form.

I am assuming that you created the MyCIC account very recently, may be system will get updated by Monday, if not, give a call to IRCC, perhaps Monday is the most busy day to call IRCC, the waiting time is long that day.

Reactions: vividglider

sandeep.dhanju

Jul 19, 2018
You are not required to inform IRCC about your parents return. But if in the application you mentioned their current address as your address (in Canada), I will recommend you to get that changed to their address in India.

Good Luck!
Yes, i mentioned their current address as my address when i submitted application. I will get that changed . Thank you!

Reactions: gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
In my case, it says, "Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.". My interpretation is that it would be ok to attach the PCC and travel history forms in email response. The medical exam report will be forwarded to IRCC by the physician.
Good point! I think it depends on what is mentioned in the letter, in the letter received by @vividglider it doesn't appear that he was given the option to reply back to email. But i think the confirmation of medical exam form is separate from the medical examination report sent by panel physician, but i will leave it for seniors to comment! @HeisenbergCanada @YULIA-2016 @yvrgirl @AnNingCanada ....................

Reactions: AnNingCanada