+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Good point! I think it depends on what is mentioned in the letter, in the letter received by @vividglider it doesn't appear that he was given the option to reply back to email. But i think the confirmation of medical exam form is separate from the medical examination report sent by panel physician, but i will leave it for seniors to comment! @HeisenbergCanada @YULIA-2016 @yvrgirl @AnNingCanada ....................
when parents go to do the medical exam, the physician will give them 2 pieces of paper printed ( including their names passport number, UCI, etc),
ask parents to keep those papers, that's the confirmation of medical exam (proof). stating parents did the exam, if it is normal , the result will send to IRCC.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
when parents go to do the medical exam, the physician will give them 2 pieces of paper printed ( including their names passport number, UCI, etc),
ask parents to keep those papers, that's the confirmation of medical exam (proof). stating parents did the exam, if it is normal , the result will send to IRCC.
Thanks for confirming!

taianh

Jul 9, 2018
Hi,
I've received Medical Examination Instructions for only one parent today (am sponsoring both my parents). Dose anyone have the same situation? thank you for your reply/help

Reactions: AnNingCanada

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Hi Yulia,
Can we re-group people in 2018 PGP by local visa office after they know the LVO?
The different LVO has different process time and requirement, they are not comparable.
Thus it is easy for the group member to check their progress. It is not a big change, just a small change. Currently only Ottawa, London and New Delhi have more than 1 applicants
Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: YULIA-2016

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I provided outside Canada address for parent, but it still was forwarded to Ottawa
If you provided the address in India, then I'm not sure why they would send it to Ottawa. Perhaps, High Commission in India has backlog? Anyhow, give IRCC a call if you are curious or worried or both. It may be a good thing, as LVO is determined based on applicant's country of residence. Ottawa office may process application faster.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi,
My ECAS status changed to Decision Made on 19 July (AOR was 26 Jun) - already updated in the spreadsheet.

Question:
1. after how many days should i expect SA email ?

2. my mom (principal applicant) is in Canada on super visa and her 6 month stay is expiring soon. I just came across this CIC link below, which clearly says, no need to renew supervisa - its automatically 2 year entry. It seems, this super visa rule is clarified recently. In the past, entry was assumed to be 6 months, if no date is mentioned under stamp.

can some one please validate this ? Thanks in advance

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=426&_ga=2.242831362.1611539591.1532020896-1095779448.1532020896
Hi aajassani

Not sure about question 1 below is question 2 answer

Yes, that is correct if she have super visa she can stay straight up-to 2 years without leaving Canada. I am not sure about past but as far i know this is same from quite some time now at least 3 years.

Just make sure visa type on her passport is PG-1 "Visitor" and Visa is valid.

Good luck

S.B

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
people around me on forum receiving medicals and I am still struggling to track application. Still no luck with sponsor UCI. Nothing showing up.

Thanks
S.B

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hi aajassani

Not sure about question 1 below is question 2 answer

Yes, that is correct if she have super visa she can stay straight up-to 2 years without leaving Canada. I am not sure about past but as far i know this is same from quite some time now at least 3 years.

Just make sure visa type on her passport is PG-1 "Visitor" and Visa is valid.

Good luck

S.B
Thanks SB for your response. have received conflicting comments in the past, so just wanted to confirm.
Thanks again

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied May 5th
Sponsorship Decision made - 17 July
Application of PR - In process
Processing Office assigned to Ottawa, since my parents are already in Canada on Super Visa

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Another update, received Sponsorship Approval letter this evening. As per letter, the application has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa.

The letter says "This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address" but I had put my parents home address in India, weired!

01-May-2018 - Application Received
06-July-2018 - AOR Received
10-July-2018 - ECAS updated to In-Process
20-July-2018 - ECAS updated to Decision Made

20-July-2018 - Sponsorship Approval letter received via email. CPC-OTTAWA assigned.