+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

Can anyone help me to link my application in online CIC account?

I got the AOR, and ecas shows up the status application received.
But I'm still not able to link the application.

I did try to link the application from my mom's (the principal applicant) perspective.
All information, such as UCI, passport, and other information are her information.
Do I need to use my information (the sponsor) to link the application?
If I'm only sponsoring my mom, and she doesn't have any dependants, what should I answer for the how many applicants in total on the last question? Is it just 1 or 2?

Please help me on this matter,

Thanks!

mason54321

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
YYC
Visa Office......
Misa---
Hi all,

Can anyone help me to link my application in online CIC account?

I got the AOR, and ecas shows up the status application received.
But I'm still not able to link the application.

I did try to link the application from my mom's (the principal applicant) perspective.
All information, such as UCI, passport, and other information are her information.
Do I need to use my information (the sponsor) to link the application?
If I'm only sponsoring my mom, and she doesn't have any dependants, what should I answer for the how many applicants in total on the last question? Is it just 1 or 2?

Please help me on this matter,

Thanks!
Only your mom's info. Try 1,2,3,4,5 as five attempts can be made a day.

sandeep.dhanju

Jul 19, 2018
Hello,

I got sponsorship approval email couple of days back and it mentions that based upon my relative's home address their file has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. My parents are currently on Visitor visa in Canada and their country of citizenship is India. Any idea why the file was forwarded CPC -Ottawa instead of India? Has anybody else's parents file also been transferred to Ottawa office instead of their citizenship country?
Thoughts please.

kenjeet

May 21, 2016
HI GUYS

I am trying to check ecas for my mom. It's not working. I am putting all details for my mom like last name. dob and uci number. But it's not good. Can you please help me.

Thanks a lot

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
HI GUYS

I am trying to check ecas for my mom. It's not working. I am putting all details for my mom like last name. dob and uci number. But it's not good. Can you please help me.

Thanks a lot
Have you tried with "Receipt Number" option? - if not try this pls

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
HI GUYS

Thanks a lot
Try with your own UCI, name, DOB etc. instead of your Mom's. Works for me.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
HI GUYS

Thanks a lot
I had the same issue. Instead of using application number, use sponsor UCI (located right under application number on AOR), your last name and DoB to seach Ecas. That worked for me.

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Hi, my wife got my in laws sponsor approval Applied in April 20th, got sponsor approval on July 17th). The email says file is transferred to Ottawa. Please help to understand couple of points
1. In laws are from India. so why file has been transferred to Ottawa rather than India?
2. I see people are talking about medical. when does it happen normally and is it common for all?
3. I see people are talking about police certificate. Is it common for all and when it is required?

Appreciate if someone could clear the above doubts. Thank you

sandeep.dhanju

Jul 19, 2018
Hi, my wife got my in laws sponsor approval Applied in April 20th, got sponsor approval on July 17th). The email says file is transferred to Ottawa. Please help to understand couple of points
1. In laws are from India. so why file has been transferred to Ottawa rather than India?
2. I see people are talking about medical. when does it happen normally and is it common for all?
3. I see people are talking about police certificate. Is it common for all and when it is required?

Appreciate if someone could clear the above doubts. Thank you
Hi,

1. I am also looking forward for answer of this question. My parents file has also got transferred to ottawa though they belong to india. Are your in laws presently residing in canada on super or visitor Visa?
2. Looking at other responses in this thread it seems like your parents or person acting as a repreaentative for your parents will receive email regarding medical and pcc after few days of sponsorship approval.

chem14

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
10 May 2016
AOR Received.
03 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
08 Feb 2016
Passport Req..
03 June 2016
LANDED..........
16-10-2016
Hello.

I once asked a question here last February if there is a chance for my mother in law to be accepted to proceed her application even we don’t have three taxation year report because we are just one year and four months last february. Most of the feedback from forum members here said that it is impossible for her to be accepted and even went berserk saying that I wasted a slot for potential applicants to have a chance to apply because i still continued my application to sponsor my mother in law.

Fast forward, last tuesday I recieved a letter from IRCC that we are qualified to sponsor my mother in law even we were not able to provide three taxation years, I just provided one taxation report and made a letter explaining to them the situation and letter of employment stating our combine annual income my spouse. I stated in the letter that we are ready to submit any documents during the course of the application that we could support my mother in law.

I wrote this comment that it is possible to be approved as sponsor even you don’t have three taxation year but still could provide an evidence that you could support your parents here in canada.

Vanc2018

Apr 11, 2018
Hi,
Pls add me to the file
PGP invitation received: Mar 20, 2018
Parents country of citizenship:Moldova
Application received-April 16-2018
AOR-May 15
June 6- CIC aks for additional documents (Divorce certificate)
June 25 -Add,documents received
Ecas status -in process ( this status changed 2 weeks ago from Application received to app.in progress)
I have called CIC 2 days ago. The lady on the other line told me that the file was transferred to LVO -Bucharest, Romania. She told me that we have met the requirements and were approved as sponsors. I have told her that I haven't received any email from CIC.I have been told that sometimes the officers will forwards the file to the LVO without any email ( sponsorship approval). This lady wasn't able to send me the approval letter, so I was advised to e-mail the embassy. Any thoughts? My CIC account doesn't have any updates for now.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Maryamcanada

Jun 13, 2018
Hello,
I received letter asking for resume,police certificate and medical report within one month.
I’m worried if the police certificate can not be ready ( that should also be translated ) to be sent to Ottawa in 30 day timeframe. Can anyone please advice ?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

1. I am also looking forward for answer of this question. My parents file has also got transferred to ottawa though they belong to india. Are your in laws presently residing in canada on super or visitor Visa?
2. Looking at other responses in this thread it seems like your parents or person acting as a repreaentative for your parents will receive email regarding medical and pcc after few days of sponsorship approval.
They send the file to regional Canadian high commissions based on the applicants’ current country of residence. If you provided an address in Canada as your parents current address, then their applications would be sent to Ottawa.

This is pretty apparent since people whose applications got sent to Ottawa have their parents on Super Visa in Canada. I’m assuming that you guys sent the PGP application after your parents are already in Canada on Super Visa, which forced you guys to provide Canadian address as their current address.

Reactions: sandeep.dhanju