+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello,

Another questions, like I mentioned above last name was missing from some of my parents documents so in that case should i pick Yes in IMM 0008 , question 2. Personal details should I pick Yes and says there name without the last name.
Note: they are going to attach an affidavit that they are known by both names First Name and First+Last Name

Thanks,
Again, they haven't changed their last name or first name, they are just missing the last name in their document, so the name change related question won't apply to them.

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

Sorry for replying to my previous question.
Does anyone have any idea of the Use of Representative for myself (sponsor) to prepare my mom's (principal applicant) applications?

Any help or experience sharing would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi all,

I have a quick question.

I've been selected to apply for 2018 PGP, and finalizing my application now.
I'm sponsoring my mom this time, and I'm preparing all documentation and application forms.

In this case, should I still declare myself as a representative for the application and include it in the application?
Or should I just skip the declaration of representative?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea of the Use of Representative for myself (sponsor) to prepare my mom's (principal applicant) applications?

Thanks,
It is not a must to declare representative, however i did it in my case just in the scenario that i needed to inquire or respond to something on my parents behalf

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi all,

Thanks,
In previous years, after submission of application, many sponsors were asked by IRCC to provide Use of Representative form, regardless of the fact that it's not mentioned any where that it is mandatory to provide that form. I will recommend you to provide the Use of Representative form.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
In my case the 'Application Received' in the spreadsheet is on the basis of the Canada Post delivery notification I received, and I am pretty sure most of the other sponsors (who didn't receive an AOR) have the similar case.
exactly, technically applications are received and then I change it to DM

Reactions: gst8486

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Reactions: Whats happening

abirdie

Oct 1, 2012
Hi Guys,
I received invitation to sponsor my parents, but have few questions on filling the form
1. My common law partner is not a co-signer, do we still need to fill out the form for Declaration of Common Law?
2. On checklist it says all family members above 18 should fill out the additional family info, does it mean only my mother and father has to fill this out or myself and my brother (who is a canadian PR holder) also has to fill this in?
3. 2017 NOA- I already know what the line 110 amount is on my submission but I have not received NOA, can I use 2017 year for my income form?
4. My last submission date is May 25, what if they return application if I miss anything and this date is passed, would this cause an issue?
CIC has sent me my PR and Citizenship application for just a minute error, so I am just too scared dealing with this paper application.
5. My parents birth certificate, they dont have it right now, can I send it later?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Last edited:

asap

Jul 8, 2011
Hi
I am filling out the form for my parents.
I have two questions
1- does it matter how lng is left from their passports? Should we renew them if there is 6 month left or we can send the application and renew it later?
2- in the background form IMM 5669 what should we right in the box “ certificate or diploma issued” is it a yes or no question? Or should we write the date it has been issued?

Notestforme

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everyone,
Our application was received today. I looked at a spreadsheet and it looks like people who just recently submitted there application have already checked there ecas status. How are you able to check your ecas before getting AOR and application number. Thanks and good luck to everyone!