Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
@Rob_TO

Do we need to mention that UCI # ? I have also UCI # for my in laws which was issued for their super visa ? Should I mention that on IMM5669 (Background Declaration Form)

Question 1 as per guide

If you have a UCI number (Unique Client Identifier), write it here. If this is your first time dealing with IRCC, you will not have a UCI. does it count even old UCI # ?

urgent help will be appreciated

Thanks
Sure you can put in UCI if you have it. If you leave it blank though it's no big deal, the number is not important.

LuckyAL

Feb 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
15-Mar-2014
Med's Request
01-Jul-2014
Passport Req..
30-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-Sep-2014
LANDED..........
15-Mar-2015
Thanks gst8486, tabrisjayson & canuck78.

I got scared for a moment, but feels good after your replies :)

Reactions: gst8486

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks. That’s not what I was told when I called though. But thank you☺
I was told to attach my 2014 and a cover letter
You can certainly try to submit an app, however just be prepared that once a visa officer sees you don't meet LICO in any of the 3 years, the app will be rejected.

Note this sentence from the OP manuals on financial checks: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf
5.30. Financial requirements
Discretionary approval of financial requirements is not possible

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Folks, had a question. My Moms passport name includes my Dads name however I must have only used her given name to enter lottery (since there is no way to go back and check what names did i use, i am assuming a worse case scenario), I am wondering if IRCC will come back and say the name of the applicant does not match, My dads name is good to go as per passport.

My Canadian passport verifies my Moms name if they were to check electronically, its just the stupid custom of including husbands name on passport in India.

Income wise I am golden for a family of 6 ( almost double of what is required as per LICO for previous 5 years).

Also as an FYI: in lieu of marriage certificate my parents obtained affidavit that was notarized, My dads birth certificate does not exist ut his passport, Army certificate and SSC passing certificate attest to his birth date and not to mention he has also attested to his birthdate in affidavt for marriage certificate. I do not think that there is any issue , but perhaps someone with more experience can guide me.

I sent the PGP package in with all forms completed and signed by parents and myself ( no co signor) and Ottawa received it today.

Can someone also post a link to the tracker please.

If I am not mistaken the file number should be the same as the fee payment receipt number

TIA

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello All,

another quick question,

Like I'm sponsoring my parents and I always had my last name on all of my documents, Indian passport, PR card, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian passport.
But I never had last name on my Indian study docs( on Canadian study docs I have my last name) and also on Non-Availability certificate issued by "Birth and Death" registrar office. I will be providing this certificate and I may have to provide my study docs to the officer to prove my relationship.
I'm wondering should I say that I have used another name in the past on IMM 1344 form question no. 2 under sponsor personal details section.

Thanks,

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello All,

another quick question,

Like I'm sponsoring my parents and I always had my last name on all of my documents, Indian passport, PR card, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian passport.
But I never had last name on my Indian study docs( on Canadian study docs I have my last name) and also on Non-Availability certificate issued by "Birth and Death" registrar office. I will be providing this certificate and I may have to provide my study docs to the officer to prove my relationship.
I'm wondering should I say that I have used another name in the past on IMM 1344 form question no. 2 under sponsor personal details section.

Thanks,
In this case, you didn't change your last name, rather your last name is missing from the education credentials. Therefore the Q2 of IMM 1344 won't apply to you, if you would have used any other last name or first name, then only you need to fill that section.

I would suggest you include this scenario in the explanation letter i.e. that in your education credentials the last name is missing (though it's bit surprising that your education credentials doesn't have last name). In case you have multiple things/ deviations to explain I would suggest you to create a single explanation letter with all explanations about multiple deviations.

Also try to insist on the Magistrate to put your last name on the Non-Availability certificate on the basis of passport, they should consider the passport as a proof of your date of birth and name.

Reactions: iengineer86

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Folks, had a question. My Moms passport name includes my Dads name however I must have only used her given name to enter lottery (since there is no way to go back and check what names did i use, i am assuming a worse case scenario), I am wondering if IRCC will come back and say the name of the applicant does not match, My dads name is good to go as per passport.

My Canadian passport verifies my Moms name if they were to check electronically, its just the stupid custom of including husbands name on passport in India.

Income wise I am golden for a family of 6 ( almost double of what is required as per LICO for previous 5 years).

Also as an FYI: in lieu of marriage certificate my parents obtained affidavit that was notarized, My dads birth certificate does not exist ut his passport, Army certificate and SSC passing certificate attest to his birth date and not to mention he has also attested to his birthdate in affidavt for marriage certificate. I do not think that there is any issue , but perhaps someone with more experience can guide me.

I sent the PGP package in with all forms completed and signed by parents and myself ( no co signor) and Ottawa received it today.

Can someone also post a link to the tracker please.

If I am not mistaken the file number should be the same as the fee payment receipt number

TIA
It shouldn't be a problem because the Invitation to Apply (ITA) letter you received has your name on it, under that letter you have sponsored your parents, even if there is a slight deviation in the name of your mother, it shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure if the file number is going to be the payment receipt number, perhaps this is the first time I heard that. I will keep it in mind when I receive the file number :)
The tracker links are below in the signature panel.

Last edited:

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

I have a quick question.

I've been selected to apply for 2018 PGP, and finalizing my application now.
I'm sponsoring my mom this time, and I'm preparing all documentation and application forms.

In this case, should I still declare myself as a representative for the application and include it in the application?
Or should I just skip the declaration of representative?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
In this case, you didn't change your last name, rather your last name is missing from the education credentials. Therefore the Q2 of IMM 1344 won't apply to you, if you would have used any other last name or first name, then only you need to fill that section.

I would suggest you include this scenario in the explanation letter i.e. that in your education credentials the last name is missing (though it's bit surprising that your education credentials doesn't have last name). In case you have multiple things/ deviations to explain I would suggest you to create a single explanation letter with all explanations about multiple deviations.

Also try to insist on the Magistrate to put your last name on the Non-Availability certificate on the basis of passport, they should consider the passport as a proof of your date of birth and name.
Hello gst8486,

you are a life saver, I'm thinking about including all these items on my LOE but at this stage I can't go back to the magistrate for my name change as its very time consuming process.
My parents had the same issue where there last name's are missing they are actually attaching an affidavit stating that they are known by both name Name and Name + Last name.

Thanks

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello,

One more questions, sorry i'm at last stage of reviewing my file so just don't want to take any chances and confirming everything here..

On the IMM1344 - under
Sponsor Residency Declaration

I picked option No, is that correct .
I mean because the guide says "This section is to be completed only if you are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside of Canada and sponsoring a spouse, a common-law or conjugal partner, and/or dependent children who have no children of their own"

I'm Canadian citizen living IN Canada so is it fine to pick No or should I don't touch this question.

Thanks,

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello,

Another questions, like I mentioned above last name was missing from some of my parents documents so in that case should i pick Yes in IMM 0008 , question 2. Personal details should I pick Yes and says there name without the last name.
Note: they are going to attach an affidavit that they are known by both names First Name and First+Last Name

Thanks,

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
It shouldn't be a problem because the Invitation to Apply (ITA) letter you received has your name on it, under that letter you have sponsored your parents, even if there is a slight deviation in the name of your mother, it shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure if the file number is going to be the payment receipt number, perhaps this is the first time I heard that. I will keep it in mind when I receive the file number :)
The tracker links are below in the signature panel.
Thank you for confirming. Lets hope for best

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello gst8486,

you are a life saver, I'm thinking about including all these items on my LOE but at this stage I can't go back to the magistrate for my name change as its very time consuming process.
My parents had the same issue where there last name's are missing they are actually attaching an affidavit stating that they are known by both name Name and Name + Last name.

Thanks
I think the letter of explanation will be sufficient, given that IRCC has already processed your PR, Citizenship and they never bothered about it, I am pretty sure in this case also they won't worry and would just take it as it is. And it was a smart move by your parents to get that affidavit for Name and Name + Last name.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello,

One more questions, sorry i'm at last stage of reviewing my file so just don't want to take any chances and confirming everything here..

On the IMM1344 - under
Sponsor Residency Declaration

I picked option No, is that correct .
I mean because the guide says "This section is to be completed only if you are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside of Canada and sponsoring a spouse, a common-law or conjugal partner, and/or dependent children who have no children of their own"

I'm Canadian citizen living IN Canada so is it fine to pick No or should I don't touch this question.

Thanks,
You picked the right option.