+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

asap

Jul 8, 2011
Hi
Did you have to include original copies of birth certificates and marriage certificates to show your relationship?
I just have their photocopies.

Hi everyone,
Our application was received today. I looked at a spreadsheet and it looks like people who just recently submitted there application have already checked there ecas status. How are you able to check your ecas before getting AOR and application number. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Hello,Can anyone help me?
I sent yesterday my application in Ottawa.I am sponsoring my parents.
I just read in the invitation letter that the form IMM5669 should be singed by hand but I signed as it says in the form,electronically.
Now I am fricking out ,afraid that they will reject my application...
Do I send this form again signed by hand or the electronic sign version is OK?

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Hello, I already sent my PGP package to ottawa, and they already recieved last friday. And till now i dont recieve any email yet from cic. My question is: as I read your advice about the
IMM5669 in Schedula A- that my parents need also signatures after typing their full name in the box, i get confused. Coz as what i understand that indicate on the top of the box is ( I Agree that typing my name,I Am electronically signing my application) so i just tell to my parents to just type the full name and validate. And no need to sign. Any responce will be appreciated. Thank you.
I did the same mistake.Did you find out anything if they will reject the applicaiton because of this?

abcjatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hi Guys,

How long does it take to receive the acknowledgment ( AOR ) after submitting the application ?

Thanks,

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have applied for my parents and now they are coming in Sept to visit us , in case they will have any update they will miss it . So I am looking to add myself as a representative . But if I have already sent out my file , can i do it now and in case they get med request do they have to go back?

Thanks!!!!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi
Did you have to include original copies of birth certificates and marriage certificates to show your relationship?
I just have their photocopies.
No original certificates and documents to be provided to IRCC, only photocopies. Only original affidavits to be provided, if that applies to you.

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
How to update google sheet for timeline or do I have to write it down here

Here is my info for 2018 PGP

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - Email for AOR with application number (No letter in the mail)

Country of citizenship - Pakistan
Province - AB
Destination - Edmonton

May 4th - Tried to link the application online but failed and was locked out for 24 hours

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello,Can anyone help me?
I sent yesterday my application in Ottawa.I am sponsoring my parents.
I just read in the invitation letter that the form IMM5669 should be singed by hand but I signed as it says in the form,electronically.
Now I am fricking out ,afraid that they will reject my application...
Do I send this form again signed by hand or the electronic sign version is OK?
IRCC won't reject you file, but they will ask you to resubmit the form with original signatures of your parents, just wait till you receive a communication from IRCC.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi,

I have applied for my parents and now they are coming in Sept to visit us , in case they will have any update they will miss it . So I am looking to add myself as a representative . But if I have already sent out my file , can i do it now and in case they get med request do they have to go back?

Thanks!!!!
You will get a communication from IRCC to submit the Use of Representative form, I would say wait for the AOR, once you have the application number, provide IRCC the Use of Representative form. Also, make sure you keep an eye on the email ID which was provided on the application, IRCC will send communications via email.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi
I am filling out the form for my parents.
I have two questions
1- does it matter how lng is left from their passports? Should we renew them if there is 6 month left or we can send the application and renew it later?
2- in the background form IMM 5669 what should we right in the box “ certificate or diploma issued” is it a yes or no question? Or should we write the date it has been issued?
The processing of application will take longer than 6 months (provided you LVO is not London). So you do not have to worry about renewing it now.

For IMM 5669 if the study resulted in getting a Diploma, you should write diploma and if it was a Certificate, type certificate. It is not a YES NO question.

Good Luck!

Reactions: asap

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi Guys,
I received invitation to sponsor my parents, but have few questions on filling the form
1. My common law partner is not a co-signer, do we still need to fill out the form for Declaration of Common Law?
2. On checklist it says all family members above 18 should fill out the additional family info, does it mean only my mother and father has to fill this out or myself and my brother (who is a canadian PR holder) also has to fill this in?
3. 2017 NOA- I already know what the line 110 amount is on my submission but I have not received NOA, can I use 2017 year for my income form?
4. My last submission date is May 25, what if they return application if I miss anything and this date is passed, would this cause an issue?
CIC has sent me my PR and Citizenship application for just a minute error, so I am just too scared dealing with this paper application.
5. My parents birth certificate, they dont have it right now, can I send it later?

Thanks in advance guys :)
1. I think you still need to fill the Declaration of Common Law even if the Common Law is not a sponsor. Its because it is directly related to the family size. Your common law partner is going to be counted in the family size.

2. Additional Family info form (IMM 5406) is to be filled by your parents and the dependent who is not in Canada. In your case your brother is already in Canada. So you both are not required to fill Additional family Info form. Also, make sure your parents write the names of their family memebers in their native language (read the instructions on top of IMM 5406.

3. If you do not have a NOA for 2017 yet, just fill IMM 5768 and make sure you pick YES option for Question 8 and provide your SIN in that section.

4. If you miss a form, the only issue will be the delay in processing, other than that, as long as your application reached on or before May 25, you are fine!

5. Parents birth certificate is not required, make sure you provide the copies of their passports

Good Luck!

as1985

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
AOR Received.
January 2012
At what point it's confirmed that your application to sponsor your parent(s) is approved. In other words when are you considered eligible to sponsor your parent(s)?
When you receive AOR?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thanks!!!!
They can do the medical anywhere including Canada.