+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

whameed

Mar 1, 2016
My father (working abroad) travelled to his home country multiple times (as much as 3) over a calendar year for vacation (2-4 weeks per trip) for the last 10 years. Do I need to indicate this information somewhere in IMM 5669? That would inflate sections 6 and 10 quite a lot, and we don't even remember all the dates (will have to dig them up from his old passport(s)).
I understand that it would have been better to declare this information if it was to a third country (other than the country of nationality or employment). But is it necessary in my specific case?

mtalwar18

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Toronto
Your questions have already been answered. Stop asking the same thing and expecting a different answer. ALL of the family members MUST be listed. Failure to do so is immigration fraud. This can result in your parents' app being refused and a ban from Canada.

Again, already answered. Signatures must be ORIGINAL, not scanned.
Thanks

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
This is regarding q6 of imm5669. Earlier I had filled that my parents are retired without giving details of any travelling info. But now when I read that we are supposed to give all the travel details for the last 10 years outside their country, I see that it has only month and year and no space to write dates. Where do we write the dates ?
Thank you.
you dont need to mention dates if the app doesnt ask for it

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Filling out application forms for both my parents. Do I have to submit 2 separate forms for my Mother and Father? If using one, one becomes principle applicant, where do we enter the 2nd applicant?
anyone Please?

Also do I have to fill up 2 separate schedule 1 and Family info for my parents?

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Hi all,

Q. If I don’t know the complete DOB and just the year or month or date on any of the forms what should I put instead?
If i dont know the date, i made an estimate. Esp for grandparents born before 1930!
Q. Some forms require validation, can I leave blank and print and then put NA in handwriting?
If a form doesnt validate without that entry, or because of a dates error, then you MUST fix it. Forms that do no validate dont meet CIC standards for processing
Q. Some forms require validation, can I print and put ‘unknown’ - where I don’t know and ‘NA’ where it does not apply to me/us.
If you have filled the form correctly, there should be no validation error. All spaces are pretty accurately controlled for validation given your criteria
Q. Do we need to submit entire PGP2018 application or any of the forms electronically, if we create a new CIC account?
Per instructions, this can only be mailed. Sadly
Q. How does the signature process works??
- fill the form, validate(wherever possible), email to parents. Then, they print out the signature page only and sign and send back the ‘original’ signature page via courier for the sponsor to sign on the same page
OR
- fill the form, validate(wherever possible), email to parents. Then, they print out the signature page only and sign and send back the ‘scanned’ signature page via email for the sponsor to sign on the same page
the signatures need to be original and not scanned

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
anyone Please?

Also do I have to fill up 2 separate schedule 1 and Family info for my parents?
There is only 1 principal applicant. Eg my father is principal, and mother is dependant.

both parents will have their own schedule A and family info. it says so on top of both forms

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
I see everyone is having alot of issues, i did too initially. You need to read and re read form instructions and then KEEP reading again till it makes sense. it gets better and makes sense

Has anyone sent out the forms and received any communication back?
Im finally working on sealing the envelope now but doing a 4th check to make sure its all aligned properly and yes, reading instructions all over again to ensure nothing is out of order :)

Reactions: YVR123

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks @gst8486 for the useful info, much appreciated.
However, in the interest of being careful of filling out this section, I want to ask this question again (apologies if it has been answered previously):
Should the "gross income/benefits for period" column include line 150 from Notice of Assessment (NOA) for that period? Or the YTD amount from the last paycheque from that year?
The reason I am asking is that at least in my case, these amounts are not equivalent, since the NOA includes income from other sources (like dividends, stock trading etc.) that are not tracked in the paycheque.
Thanks.
Gross income mentioned in 150 of NOA will be something you will put. They are not going to dig deeper about other sources of income. All they are worried about is if your annual income was equivalent to required.

mtalwar18

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Toronto
Hi all,

Q. If I don’t know the complete DOB and just the year or month or date on any of the forms what should I put instead?
A. If i dont know the date, i made an estimate. Esp for grandparents born before 1930! -------- in that case should I write a letter of declaration to clarify the dates on that form

Q. Some forms require validation, can I leave blank and print and then put NA in handwriting?
If a form doesnt validate without that entry, or because of a dates error, then you MUST fix it. Forms that do no validate dont meet CIC standards for processing -------- that means that forms require validation must be completed and validated and then print and send to CIC, which means date/month/year left out cannot be handwritten after print out.

Q. Some forms require validation, can I print and put ‘unknown’ - where I don’t know and ‘NA’ where it does not apply to me/us.
If you have filled the form correctly, there should be no validation error. All spaces are pretty accurately controlled for validation given your criteria. --------- some spaces like PO BOX, distrcit does not apply to me. Should I leave them blank or have to out NA.

Q. Do we need to submit entire PGP2018 application or any of the forms electronically, if we create a new CIC account?
Per instructions, this can only be mailed. Sadly --------- as per form 5669 - it says --
If you are submitting this form in paper format by mail (this applies if your application kit requires you to submit a paper copy of your Schedule A as part of your complete application):
  • You can fill out the form on your computer (recommended) or fill it out by hand.
    • If you are filling it out on the computer: in the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool. Then, print out the form and sign in writing (provide your original handwritten signature) next to your name in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
    • If you are filling the form out by hand: in the signature section, sign your name and complete the date legibly. If you do not sign and date the form, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
Note: Your representative cannot sign this form on your behalf. You must sign it yourself.

If you have created an online account and have linked your application, you may receive a request to submit this form electronically through your online account.

If you are submitting this form through your online account:
  • You must fill out the form on your computer, validate it, and save it to be able to submit it electronically. You will not be able to upload a form that has been printed and scanned, even if it has been validated.
  • In the signature section, type your name and select the date using the date selection tool.
  • When you submit your Schedule A electronically through your online account, you will complete an electronic signature when you upload the document.
  • At that time, you will certify that the information provided is true, complete and correct.
  • You do not need to print a copy of the form or sign a paper copy.

Q. How does the signature process works??
- fill the form, validate(wherever possible), email to parents. Then, they print out the signature page only and sign and send back the ‘original’ signature page via courier for the sponsor to sign on the same page
OR
- fill the form, validate(wherever possible), email to parents. Then, they print out the signature page only and sign and send back the ‘scanned’ signature page via email for the sponsor to sign on the same page
A. the signatures need to be original and not scanned ----- okay thanks

roger1726

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
co signer detail for form 5768e

I am sponsoring my parents and my income is sufficient to sponsor them. As my income is sufficient we are planning NOT to add my wife as co signer

If i select 'NO' (in point 1 of form 5768e) and my wife is not co-signing the undertaking , do we still need to fill info for point 15,16(asking for SIN and signature) , 17 in the form 5768e?

Your inputs will be appreciated

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I see everyone is having alot of issues, i did too initially. You need to read and re read form instructions and then KEEP reading again till it makes sense. it gets better and makes sense

Has anyone sent out the forms and received any communication back?
Im finally working on sealing the envelope now but doing a 4th check to make sure its all aligned properly and yes, reading instructions all over again to ensure nothing is out of order :)
I strongly recommend that you ask someone else to do the checkup. if same person is checking again and again, mistakes will not be found.

HarryKhuttan

Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Hi HarryKhuttan,
Me too looking for an answer to your question.? Have you received inputs from anyone?
I came to know from the thread that an affidavit will work for no marriage certificate.
What if parents dont have birth certificate?
Thanks
My parents got their birth certificate affidavits made and tested by notary and also they made 2 marriage cert. affidavits made; one by notary and one by magistrate.

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
My parents got their birth certificate affidavits made and tested by notary and also they made 2 marriage cert. affidavits made; one by notary and one by magistrate.
Curious if anyone attached a "Family tree" from Nadra Pakistan as an alternative to marriage certificate / affidavits, which shows relationship of the family members to each other? not sure if that is acceptable form of document?