waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
hello folks,
There has been some movement on my dad's file. The medical was passed in January 2020 and it has been radio silence since then. I understand the medical is now expired. I the below letter - not sure what it means.....
Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including language training, after you arrive in Canada.

Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination:

You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website.

Join us on Facebook ( ) and follow us on Twitter www.facebook.com/CitCanada ( ) for regular updates on immigration, settlement services and citizenship. www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
hello folks,
There has been some movement on my dad's file. The medical was passed in January 2020 and it has been radio silence since then. I understand the medical is now expired. I the below letter - not sure what it means.....
Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including language training, after you arrive in Canada.

Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination:

You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website.

Join us on Facebook ( ) and follow us on Twitter www.facebook.com/CitCanada ( ) for regular updates on immigration, settlement services and citizenship. www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada

Sincerely,

This is pre arrival letter and could be a sign that application is close to getting approved

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
Hello all,
My ecas status changed from inprocess to decision made. I waited a week to get an email from ircc about the decision but havent gotten any.
Do u suggest waiting some more time or sending an inquiry on webform?

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
hello folks,
Hello,

Sincerely,

did u get any update after this letter?

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Can you share the timeline? How long it took after decision made, and pre arrival letter, to get passport request?

Thankyou :)

September 24 2018 received to ircc
December 14 2018 AOR and additional documents/ add my niece

April 20 2019 additional requests
Options C and forms
September 26 2019 Moved to VO . (MVO )
November 18 2019 NBI Request
January 17 2020 pre arrival and medical
January 22 2020 additional documents again redo the forms
March 18 2020 medical for niece
Medical passed May 15 2021 ( my sister went TB medication) delay their medical
May 20 2021 PPR

Reactions: RF786

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
September 24 2018 received to ircc
December 14 2018 AOR and additional documents/ add my niece

April 20 2019 additional requests
Options C and forms
September 26 2019 Moved to VO . (MVO )
November 18 2019 NBI Request
January 17 2020 pre arrival and medical
January 22 2020 additional documents again redo the forms
March 18 2020 medical for niece
Medical passed May 15 2021 ( my sister went TB medication) delay their medical
May 20 2021 PPR
Thankyou :)

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
My parents received passport request but along with that they received ' exemption from travel restriction letter' only for my brother who was a depdendent child in the child.
What does this mean?
Why would they send the letter exclusively for him and not for my parents as they are all together under one application?

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
My parents received passport request but along with that they received ' exemption from travel restriction letter' only for my brother who was a depdendent child in the child.
What does this mean?
Why would they send the letter exclusively for him and not for my parents as they are all together under one application?

Because your brother is extended family . I'll need that to my sister and my niece

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010