+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Elieli

Mar 29, 2021
no I did it for the first time in January 2021 and they say that my file is pending to be reviewed by an officer to give the decision since

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Once passports are sent as per PPR request, what does LVO do with passport? How long before passprt is returned?
I assume we get visa and a letter to come into Canada?

newMember110

Oct 15, 2020
Hi all hope you are fine and doing well. I have one question: My parents have visa till Sep 2022. If they renew their passport today then would they be able to come to Canada with new passport and old passport because old passport would be canceled and visa will still be valid till next year on old/cancelled passport. I hope my query is clear. thanks in advance...

saber786

Nov 7, 2013
Hi all hope you are fine and doing well. I have one question: My parents have visa till Sep 2022. If they renew their passport today then would they be able to come to Canada with new passport and old passport because old passport would be canceled and visa will still be valid till next year on old/cancelled passport. I hope my query is clear. thanks in advance...
You will need to keep the old passport . Usually old pp will be stappled with the new one if you are having a valid visa on expired pp.

Reactions: newMember110

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
Hi,
just want to know if there has been any update on any of your application?
It has been now 36 months since we applied, and dont know how long it will take
Criminal checks still have to be done, medicals have been long expired
and the response we sent for the procedural fairness letter 1.5 years ago still awaiting review.
The situation is so hopeless I feel there is no end to this wait.
Our visa office is London.
If anyone has any positive update or any comment, please share :(

saber786

Nov 7, 2013
Hi,
and the response we sent for the procedural fairness letter 1.5 years ago still awaiting review.
exactly the same situation as mine. and my VO is Mississauga and I know people who have applied after me have got Visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Once there is a PFL there is no set timeframe.

RF786

Jun 24, 2015
This is so dissappointing :(
The PFL was based on my brothers dependency on my parents. They werent convinced he is a dependent, although he is visually impaired and is dependent on them for finances and everything else.
Basically his life is on halt because of this delay :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is so dissappointing :(
The PFL was based on my brothers dependency on my parents. They werent convinced he is a dependent, although he is visually impaired and is dependent on them for finances and everything else.
Basically his life is on halt because of this delay :(
If his life is on hold he likely doesn’t fit the definition of dependents over 22 who qualify to be included in PGP. What is exactly on hold? It doesn’t sound like he has any cognitive impairment and would be capable of living a full life and finding employment if he has the right tools and support in place. He did apply for a study permit to attend college/university, People who qualify are likely to not have much of a life outside their home.