+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
my parents have done the seconds medicals on Apr 29, lets see when the results get uploaded and LVO moves to next step.......
Medical results get submitted in 5-7 days specially when there are no concerning health issues. I guess then it's the officers agility that determines how soon they request passport.

I forgot why you were sent to CBSA. I think your notes you said show A(34) Comperhensive. Was it military service or *pure discremination* (as I put it :)).

shafiq109

Nov 7, 2018
Pre-arrival notice means your applicants can obtain some services remotely (online or otherwise) through service contractors of Immigration Canada to prepare themselves for arriving in Canada. But it's a waste of tax payers money and the letter gives false hope of coming to Canada next week. Explore the services and see if any is useful to you or your parents; I bet none are...and specially not at this time when they are still overseas.

Pre-arrival notice for some applicants means passport request soon to come but there are few countries for which it doesn't pretty much mean anything because they have not really passed eligibility. Sure, GCMS notes show Eligibility passed but I will tell you why not.

Being from Pakistan (I am assuming from your avatar) pre-arrival letter means that you have passed what I call Level Eligibility which is the officer believes your parents are truly your parents, that you are a Canadian citizen residing in Canada now, that relationship is proved by virtue of documents, that your mother and father are married, <<<< all of this to prove: that primary applicant is a member of the family class per R117(1)c. And that spouse of PA is a family member per R1(3) hence Eligibility is PASSED. However, I still like to call this Eligibility Level 1, because they will make another round after security and that is when I would say you are truly eligible because then they will request passport.

In the same eligibility note, they will check to make sure your medical results are on file and parents are in good health, that police reports are with no results, travel history is reviewed so if you did send all necessary police reports otherwise they will ask you again but seems you have already done that from all countries you were in (more than 6 months), and that your landing fees are paid.

Next up, you will be asked to send another Schedule A (most likely) to make sure things are updated and then package it all and you will be sent to security check (CBSA) which has a lengthy and YES very stupid process that is practically useless for discrimination (let's call a spade a spade). Once they respond back with their recommendation to CIC then LVO will re-visit your eligibility and will decide to truly make you eligible or not which is what I call Eligibility Level 2. At this point, your medical is most likely expired because it's past one year. So, they will lazily ask for another medical exam from you. This second medical exam means good things because they won't ask for it unless they are sure you are approved. This is the only consistent thing with London Visa Office. I mean even most incompetent people sometimes get something right.

Once the medical is passed again then you are good to go for passport request. London Visa office has a reputation of sending a lot of people (even Russia or old Soviet Union countries) for security check which is exactly why medical expires (CBSA takes 3 months to 18 months to lazily report back).

Unfortunately, you are most likely, at the beginning of a very long security process now (3 months to 8 months to 12 months to 18 months). However, you could also be VERY lucky (of course without any military service and have had a great case worker) who didn't send you to CBSA for security check in which case you will soon receive passport request. You will know this in few days to couple weeks where you stand depending on whether they ask for passport or not.

Good luck in the next few days to couple weeks.
Hi Here;
Your answer is reasonable and pretty much in detail and related to topic. I really appreciate and thankful to spend time on it.

Thanks

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
can anyone plz help me delhi immigration request to submit pic of marriage of my mom and dad but we donot have any pic of that time plz answer
Send a letter with very short explanation that you don't have that but here are more pics instead and of various different times in their lives and celebrations and also here are our family pics. You can also send pics of old passports if whole family is in it or names of father and mother are listed in same documents.

Officer has doubts and need some proof so provide it.

Last edited:

Dreamzgal28

Jun 3, 2014
Hi Yulia,

Please update, my parents got their passports returned today with the visa.

Prearrival services: January 9 2019
Police clearance request : January 14 2019
Decision made: 15 April 2019
Passport request: 17 April 2019
Passport submitted: 22April 2019
Passport returned with visa: May 3rd 2019

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
can anyone plz help me delhi immigration request to submit pic of marriage of my mom and dad but we donot have any pic of that time plz answer
can you please provide your time line

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hi All, i have a question , my parents did the 2nd medicals last week, and now the online CIC profile shows , : you have passed the medical exam" . However under the view submitted application or upload documents , there is 2 options to upload " proof of upload medical exam" .

i am not sure what can i upload here , as my parents did not do upfornt medicals and results were also directly submitted by the doctor. Should i leave it as it is or upload the medicals request letter to satisfy the system , as currently in the summary of the application it says " you action is required" although there is no action pending on us. Please advise. thanks

Reactions: torontob

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi All, i have a question , my parents did the 2nd medicals last week, and now the online CIC profile shows , : you have passed the medical exam" . However under the view submitted application or upload documents , there is 2 options to upload " proof of upload medical exam" .

i am not sure what can i upload here , as my parents did not do upfornt medicals and results were also directly submitted by the doctor. Should i leave it as it is or upload the medicals request letter to satisfy the system , as currently in the summary of the application it says " you action is required" although there is no action pending on us. Please advise. thanks
leave it, IME is passed

coolit

Mar 21, 2014
Hi guys, can someone please help me,my parents already received their Visa stamp, my question is can they come to Canada 2weeks before the expiry of the visa? Do you think it will be a problem if they come here if only has 2 weeks left in their visa. Is it just because my mom still needs to file for her retirement. Anyone can help or the same situation please and thank you in advance really appreciate it a lot.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi guys, can someone please help me,my parents already received their Visa stamp, my question is can they come to Canada 2weeks before the expiry of the visa? Do you think it will be a problem if they come here if only has 2 weeks left in their visa. Is it just because my mom still needs to file for her retirement. Anyone can help or the same situation please and thank you in advance really appreciate it a lot.
you can come any day till your visa is expired, so 2 weeks before - good