Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
MY APPLICATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED WITHIN THIS WEEK.. HOPEFULLY!? IS THE CPC-OTTAWA OFFICE OPEN DURING WEEKENDS TO RECEIVE OUR DOCUMENTS?
no idea

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Quick question.parent sponsorship got approved. My mother as a dependent on my father, please note that my father is a principal applicant.
Can my mother travel alone to Canda or need to travel with principal applicant.
she can travel but cant landing w/o dad

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Quick question.parent sponsorship got approved. My mother as a dependent on my father, please note that my father is a principal applicant.
Can my mother travel alone to Canda or need to travel with principal applicant.
Congrats, no the principal applicant lands first.

Can you provide your timeline and Visa office ?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
for me 3 years :p
Because yours was in another LVO and when it got to London then it took a year for background check. Of course not an acceptable reason from a customer service point of view.

Spartan went to LLVO from the beginning I is prthink which is pretty good / the 2 years I mean.

Unfortunately, inexperienced reps send files to wrong LVOs right from Mississauga sometimes or the crazy officers at one LVO send to another for background checks or maybe BGC happens only at certain LVO for certain nationalities...and those apps get another year wasted in another LVO like your case.

Last edited:

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hello Guys,

I applied for my parents sponsorship in Nov 2017.
My sponsor approval came in April 2018,

It has been over an year but i have not received any medical request or anything at all.
Last time i requested GCMS notes, the status said as PA: PUT AWAY

My parents are from Pakistan. Visa office is London.

They are usually now in Canada on Super Visa. they go back every year or so.

Im just worried about the whole process, how they deal with the applications. Should i just keep waiting patiently or call them or send them an email asking why the file hasnt been touched in over a year.

Thanks,

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello Guys,

It has been over an year but i have not received any medical request or anything at all.

Im just worried about the whole process, how they deal with the applications. Should i just keep waiting patiently or call them or send them an email asking why the file hasnt been touched in over a year.

Thanks,
sure bother them :rolleyes:

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hello Guys,

Thanks,
Put away , we did not send the application to put away , that is so strange

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hello Guys,

Thanks,
Files get Put Away assignment many times while in London. I guess it's a stage between waiting times for other reps or other organizations or the applicant/sponsor to respond. Not the prettiest thing to see on one's file.

Send a CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) using webform.

Tarunchhabra

Mar 19, 2013
Got Passport req. last night (to be sent to Ottawa office) but my parents are in India so emailed cic to change visa office to new delhi. Hope it doesnt delay the process.
Hi sandy, i am facing same issue as well my mom is in india and got ppr to send to ottawa and sent the email requesting instruction for india but no reply yet. You are from 2017 so now u must have process finished .can you let me know how much time did it take for u to get instructions from india

Tarunchhabra

Mar 19, 2013
yes i got email from same address, but in my email i got this

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

thats why i sent them email to ask for instructions, not sure if i can take this email and submit passport at vfs india
In how many days did you get reply from delhi

Tarunchhabra

Mar 19, 2013
i got PPR on July 3 to submit passport at ottawa , but parents are in india, i sent email to CPC ottawa on same day about instructions to submit passport at VFS india, but no reply from CPC ottawa . its already 2 weeks. anybody knows if i can take PPR letter and try to submit passport at VF
S india with out receiving instructions from them.
Hi can you please tell mewhar happened tourapp asi am at the same place right now.my mom is in india and i am waiiting for the reply as well

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hi everyone.my parents application status is "background check". They received pre arrival letter last month.now they received a letter asking for copy of new passport(as old passport expired recently)
My question is: can i upload the pic of passport on online application where it is asking to upload. Or do i have to send them physically in London UK visa office .
Please guide me