+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi everyone.my parents application status is "background check". They received pre arrival letter last month.now they received a letter asking for copy of new passport(as old passport expired recently)
My question is: can i upload the pic of passport on online application where it is asking to upload. Or do i have to send them physically in London UK visa office .
Please guide me
Upload is enough.

And can you please update your timeline. Your excel sheet row looks a bit blank / you probably had some activity that happened like when medical was done or other stuff...

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Upload is enough.

And can you please update your timeline. Your excel sheet row looks a bit blank / you probably had some activity that happened like when medical was done or other stuff...
Thank you.
Tegarding timeline.
Application received: nov 29, 2017
Sponsor approval: may31,2018
Process started : nov12,2018
Medical request: nov16,2018
Medical passed: dec 15,2018
Background started: march16,2019
Visa office: London UK

Reactions: YULIA-2016

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Thank you.
Tegarding timeline.
Thanks for update.

Few things about your case:
A- It's not really sent to background check yet (i.e. CBSA) and is waiting for you to upload passport to make a full package to send to them.
B- Your case is sent to CBSA and waiting about 1 year of check and passport will be sent to CBSA as well once you send it.
C- Your background check has completed and CBSA opinion has submitted to IRCC and LLVO wants your new passport to start COPR/Visa issuing process.

Likelyhood:
A = 60%
B = 30%
C = 10%

Those are my guesses.

How to know for sure? Order CBSA ATIP notes and they will tell you if their check is done or not. Make sure to specifically ask like:
"I only need GCMS notes and CBSA security check status". Otherwise, they will ask LLVO to scan copy the whole file which you don't want.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hi everyone - has anyone's parents recently landed after getting their COPR? If yes, could you share your experience (i.e., what happens at the airport, and what documents do they check? etc.). I searched for this topic on the forum, but couldn't find it. If there is an existing discussion topic on this matter, please share the link. Thank you.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi everyone - has anyone's parents recently landed after getting their COPR? If yes, could you share your experience (i.e., what happens at the airport, and what documents do they check? etc.). I searched for this topic on the forum, but couldn't find it. If there is an existing discussion topic on this matter, please share the link. Thank you.
It was full service back in the days / i.e. they take care of everything and you don't have to worry about it at all (I mean they will send you to right places. They know newcomers can be confused). They have interpreters on hand if your parents are not good with English.

I think they may take photos for PR card and admit applicants to Canada...but this is all smooth process.

Last edited:

mitul01

Mar 7, 2015
Brampton
Category........
CEC
hi all,, i just got an email from CIC requesting some information about my father( principal applicant),,

> Details of Govt Service: Please complete the enclosed details of Government
Employment Service. This must be received at this office by: 2019/06/20
> RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. This must be received at
this office by: 2019/06/20
> CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education,
qualifications and experience. Since the age of 18. This must be received at this office by:
2019/06/20

has anyone got these kind of requests??,, should i just write down these information in a word document?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
hi all,, i just got an email from CIC requesting some information about my father( principal applicant),,

> Details of Govt Service: Please complete the enclosed details of Government
Employment Service. This must be received at this office by: 2019/06/20
> RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. This must be received at
this office by: 2019/06/20
> CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education,
qualifications and experience. Since the age of 18. This must be received at this office by:
2019/06/20

has anyone got these kind of requests??,, should i just write down these information in a word document?
These are normal requests that some get. There is probably a gap in education or work history. If the email mentions any links following those links to get the right forms to fill out. If there is not, then send resumes etc...and pay your fees if you haven't yet.

Most likely there is a link in the .pdf file that they need you to follow but if not just write it on paper...

Reactions: mitul01

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Thanks for update.

Few things about your case:
A- It's not really sent to background check yet (i.e. CBSA) and is waiting for you to upload passport to make a full package to send to them.
B- Your case is sent to CBSA and waiting about 1 year of check and passport will be sent to CBSA as well once you send it.
C- Your background check has completed and CBSA opinion has submitted to IRCC and LLVO wants your new passport to start COPR/Visa issuing process.

Likelyhood:
A = 60%
B = 30%
C = 10%

Those are my guesses.

How to know for sure? Order CBSA ATIP notes and they will tell you if their check is done or not. Make sure to specifically ask like:
"I only need GCMS notes and CBSA security check status". Otherwise, they will ask LLVO to scan copy the whole file which you don't want.
We received Pre Arrival services letter on 16th march 2019, and the online status says we are processing your background check

mitul01

Mar 7, 2015
Brampton
Category........
CEC
These are normal requests that some get. There is probably a gap in education or work history. If the email mentions any links following those links to get the right forms to fill out. If there is not, then send resumes etc...and pay your fees if you haven't yet.

Most likely there is a link in the .pdf file that they need you to follow but if not just write it on paper...
Thank you very much,, there’s no link attached with that pdf file, so I will send resume and other letter describing his duties and postings of government services, thank you again

Reactions: torontob

The Old Mate

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Thank you.
Tegarding timeline.
I have same timeline as yours except a year 2019. I haven’t received soponser approval yet. I seen you revived it in May so did they tell you why it’s taking so long to get it. Mostly people from my timeline done medical and wating for PPR. Thanks for any help

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I have same timeline as yours except a year 2019. I haven’t received soponser approval yet. I seen you revived it in May so did they tell you why it’s taking so long to get it. Mostly people from my timeline done medical and wating for PPR. Thanks for any help
If your application was received Nov 2017 and you still don't have sponsor approval then something is delaying it. Call them, email them...have they not sent you any letters? Maybe you were missing signed forms etc

Jul 9, 2014
thanks , for me it took complete 2 years, i submitted the application in May 2017 .
Thanks...when they ask for photocopies... Do I have to certify the photocopies or submit plain ones? Any tips and tricks or documentation that you think we should submit in addition to what they are asking for.

My mom is currently in Canada on supervisa and we now got ITA and applying for her sponsorship.