+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Today we received an email from CIC which I was hoping was a request for medicals, but it was not o_O.

Our application was originally sent to Ottawa for processing, but is now being sent to the Los Angeles LVO. Nothing has changed in ECAS ("In Process").

In January our sponsor was sent an inquiry about the applicant's email address, which they already had in the application. I submitted the address using the webform.

I also submitted a change of mailing address a year ago when we moved, but the letter we received today had our old mailing address. I just submitted the change of address again, again using the webform I was directed to, but this time to the Los Angeles office.

Is any of this normal? Any advice? Should I follow up by also sending any changes to their snailmail address, or is that likely to slow things down even more?

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
What does your My CIC Account show for Medical? Passed? If yes, you are good to go. If it's been a while and pass doesn't show then maybe look at this page for more info. They should be asking more info soon or sending you a letter:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/medical-assessment-coding.html

M5

Inadmissible due to excessive demand on health and social services.

For all M5 codes, the medical officer will add a descriptive code indicating the nature of the excessive demand:

• T9 - for excessive demand on social services;
  • H9 - for excessive demand on health services;
  • E9 - for displacement of Canadians who are on a waiting list.

App Satus: Open
App status Reason : In Progress
Criminality : Passed
Medical : In Progress
Info sharing: complete
due Date : 2019/02/28

page 8 is withheld pursuant to section 19(1)

Assigned y:MD18972
Due Date: 2018/10/18
Assessed For : ALL
IME Status reason: not granted
RMO: centralized medical inadmissibility unit
M Profile: 5
Description: has a condition which might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services to such extent that the applicant is inadmissable under section 38(1)(c)
S Profile: 1
Description: No Surveillance required
imm type: NOn EDE

Updated date: 2018/10/26
Documents: Furtherance Request - emed/
Due date :2019/02/23

Notes1
updated date: 2019/01/30

email from CMAU stating sps IME was finalized as M5 and is ready to be assesed by MO. To MO review from MHB/UCAM/DGMS JAN 31-19 2:26AM TO MISSION-MANILA SUBJECT: IME hello from CMAU, This is to advise you that medical results for the above applicant are now available in GCMS

These are the notes i found in my father's GCMS. do you think they will give us a Procedural fairness letter or a letter of refusal right away?

Thanks

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
App Satus: Open
App status Reason : In Progress
Criminality : Passed
Medical : In Progress
Info sharing: complete
due Date : 2019/02/28

page 8 is withheld pursuant to section 19(1)

Assigned y:MD18972
Due Date: 2018/10/18
Assessed For : ALL
IME Status reason: not granted
RMO: centralized medical inadmissibility unit
M Profile: 5
Description: has a condition which might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services to such extent that the applicant is inadmissable under section 38(1)(c)
S Profile: 1
Description: No Surveillance required
imm type: NOn EDE

Updated date: 2018/10/26
Documents: Furtherance Request - emed/
Due date :2019/02/23

Notes1
updated date: 2019/01/30

email from CMAU stating sps IME was finalized as M5 and is ready to be assesed by MO. To MO review from MHB/UCAM/DGMS JAN 31-19 2:26AM TO MISSION-MANILA SUBJECT: IME hello from CMAU, This is to advise you that medical results for the above applicant are now available in GCMS

These are the notes i found in my father's GCMS. do you think they will give us a Procedural fairness letter or a letter of refusal right away?

Thanks
It doesn't say what the second IME results were. They should show that in GCMS notes sometime unless not decided yet but should be as it is time now. Maybe waiting review of officer and is in Queue again. Although it's says data is in GCMS.

They should give procedural fairness if rejecting base on medical results.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Today we received an email from CIC which I was hoping was a request for medicals, but it was not o_O.

Our application was originally sent to Ottawa for processing, but is now being sent to the Los Angeles LVO. Nothing has changed in ECAS ("In Process").

In January our sponsor was sent an inquiry about the applicant's email address, which they already had in the application. I submitted the address using the webform.

I also submitted a change of mailing address a year ago when we moved, but the letter we received today had our old mailing address. I just submitted the change of address again, again using the webform I was directed to, but this time to the Los Angeles office.

Is any of this normal? Any advice? Should I follow up by also sending any changes to their snailmail address, or is that likely to slow things down even more?
Are you asking if it it normal that you submitted your email address multiple times? :) I would say YES. I understand the anxiety that comes with this process and how CIC is unorganized.

I don't know if snail mail helps. Maybe call and ask to verify they have the email address on file. Call CIC directly and if they say it's at LA LVO then send a webform request directly to LA.

You just have to wait now until they contact you for medical.

*And YES it's normal for CIC to be disorganized and ask same info repeatedly. Just comply and know they are bad at their jobs.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello Yulia,

Can you please update my information on spreadsheet.

Intake 2017 first round
Username - Harshaman
Application received in Mississauga office on 26th July 2017
AOR email 8th Nov 2017
Document request email 19th Dec 2017
In the document request they asked for my wife's 3 year Noa and my dad's death certificate. For fastest service they wanted the the documents by fax.
I have faxed the documents the other day, should I also mail the docs ? please advice.

Thanks,
Hi how did you count your family?? how did your father passed away during tax years you submitted?? if it did, did you count your PASSED AWAY FATHER for those years?

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
any movement from london visa office for pakistan parent sponsorship 2017 ??
i am still waiting for Medical request. Applied in Nov 2017

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
any movement from london visa office for pakistan parent sponsorship 2017 ??
i am still waiting for Medical request. Applied in Nov 2017
push them, at least order ATIP notes ;)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Update:
PPR date: May 17th
Sent passport to Ottawa on May 21st and received it back on June 10th

Total time to obtain PR: 19 months
19 mon - no bad :)

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
push them, at least order ATIP notes ;)
I have multiple times. the last status update kind of shows PUT AWAY in the GCMS Notes.

I also submitted the IRCC webform. No response yet. The normal processing time currently shows 24 months on the Ircc website

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I have multiple times. the last status update kind of shows PUT AWAY in the GCMS Notes.

I also submitted the IRCC webform. No response yet. The normal processing time currently shows 24 months on the Ircc website
Normal processing timeline is just a number exaggerated to a big extent by CIC decision makers and programmers. It is definitely not a good measure and it is not accurate at all. It is like saying, "Your case will complete sometime".

Anyhow, London is responsive to emails and webforms. Unless there is something odd here they should have reviewed your case by now. However, London is also known for "Put Away" term. They should respond to you in less than a month.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

I know, 24 mon - gone already

PGP2018_QC

Aug 17, 2018
Hi all,

My parents received CSQ on May 8. It is mentioned in the letter that MIDI will inform IRCC. My visa office is Singapore. Any idea how long does it take for SGVO to get back after receiving the CSQ? My assumption is that, SGVO will ask for police clearance and medical exam as the next step. Do they ask for anything else? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

milanshergill

Jul 27, 2016
Hello guys,

I am posting this on Family Sponsorship 2017 because I am looking to get some answers from people who already went through the process and their Parents/Grandparents got their medical done.

My mom fought cancer about 2.5 years ago and has been in remission since then. She is doing great with God's grace but I am now sponsoring her under PGP 2019 program.

My questions are:
  • Did anyone had a similar case as mine where their family member fought cancer in last 5 years?
  • How did you parents/grandparents medical go?
  • Was it considered medically inadmissible based on the excessive demand?
I am really worried about our case and would like to get some motivation from other people whose parents/grandparents also fought cancer within last 5 years and successfully cleared medical?

Dream big dream

May 1, 2017
Hi Milan, I got your message. I reply here so that anyone has the same question can see.

My dad had stage 1 lung cancer diagnosed in 2017, after surgery no chemo was required. When we received the medical request, my dad was in Canada on super visa. So he did the exam here. It was pretty smooth for the doctors visit until she figured out my dad had cancer history. She advised us that she would refer my dad to see an oncologist. Let us waited for further instructions. Then long story. No oncologist accepted my dad for assessment cuz there was a lot of documents they need to fill out. I kept calling doctors offices to ask for appointment. But they turned me down. It was very hard to find an oncologist in Toronto to accept my dad. So I asked the referring dr. If we could go back to our home country for the consultation. They said no. Since we already started our case in Canada, our only option was to continue our case here. I called the hospital at my home country, got same answer. But anyway, I found one finally.

Then, I believed CIC make their decision depends on the oncologist’s assessment. My dad’s case went well. We received a landing letter within 2 months. Hope this will help.