+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all, i have a question if anybody knows anything about it.
Once parents land in Canada, if they live in Canada for 2 years in total of 5 years (PR is provided for 5 years), can they renew their PR for 5 more years as they need to accumulate 3 years to be eligible to apply for citizenship? If they can, will the 2 years be counted from the previous 5 years window or they have to start living in Canada for 3 years again?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hello all, i have a question if anybody knows anything about it.
Once parents land in Canada, if they live in Canada for 2 years in total of 5 years (PR is provided for 5 years), can they renew their PR for 5 more years as they need to accumulate 3 years to be eligible to apply for citizenship? If they can, will the 2 years be counted from the previous 5 years window or they have to start living in Canada for 3 years again?
It's always certain amount of time in the recent previous certain amount of years. I am not sure about exact numbers but it's basically something like 3 years during the past 5 years.

Last edited:

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Dear All,
I want to know about procedure to submit passport for visa in Pakistan. Please guide me.
Thanks
You got ppr request? It should say Ottawa or VAC in your country based on what others are reporting.
Can you post your timeline for background check start and time it took for ppr request? I see your pre-arrival letter was May 2, 2019.

Dec 13, 2017
Hi everyone.

I received the mail from CIC to request the medical exam AGAIN. We did the medical exam in May 2018 for my both parents, Feb 2019 medical exam again for my father, and today the mail is for my mother only. But from CIC status, my mom's case shows " medical results have been received" after another mail in July 2018 for CV requesting. Do I have to take her to do another health exam?

We applied in Sep 2017 and there is almost no progress for the past year. Is it common? Our Visa office is Hong Kong. Thank you.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi everyone.

I received the mail from CIC to request the medical exam AGAIN. We did the medical exam in May 2018 for my both parents, Feb 2019 medical exam again for my father, and today the mail is for my mother only. But from CIC status, my mom's case shows " medical results have been received" after another mail in July 2018 for CV requesting. Do I have to take her to do another health exam?

We applied in Sep 2017 and there is almost no progress for the past year. Is it common? Our Visa office is Hong Kong. Thank you.
Maybe it's a good sign and they are ready to request passport hence asking to update your medical exams because they are expired.

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Are you asking if it it normal that you submitted your email address multiple times? :) I would say YES. I understand the anxiety that comes with this process and how CIC is unorganized.

I don't know if snail mail helps. Maybe call and ask to verify they have the email address on file. Call CIC directly and if they say it's at LA LVO then send a webform request directly to LA.

You just have to wait now until they contact you for medical.

*And YES it's normal for CIC to be disorganized and ask same info repeatedly. Just comply and know they are bad at their jobs.
Where ECAS previously said "in process" it now says "application received." So I suppose at least someone touched it.

shafiq109

Nov 7, 2018
Dear All,

I am glad to inform all of you that PGP has been finalised. I am thankful to all of you for your kind cooperation and have spare time whenever i need information. I never forget to all of you and you were like a bucket of roses to me. As our PGP cases are finalised, we are spread. But I would kindly request to all of you to keep in touch with this forum and may guide to newcomers on this forum.

Special thanks to Yulia to arrange all of this data, sharing information and quick response.

Here is brief history of PGP Case

2nd round PGP
Application for permanent residence delivered on December 5, 2017.
Application process started on May 4, 2018.
Sponsor's Approval: June 4, 2018
Local Visa Office: London, notice received June 04, 2018
Medical Request: November 22, 2018
Medical passed: November 22, 2018
Additional medical test: February 8, 2018
Pre-arrival Letter: May 02, 2019
Request for Passport Submit: July 02, 2019.
Passport submitted: July 15, 2019
Passport Received: July 19, 2019.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Dear All,

I am glad to inform all of you that PGP has been finalised. I am thankful to all of you for your kind cooperation and have spare time whenever i need information. I never forget to all of you and you were like a bucket of roses to me. As our PGP cases are finalised, we are spread. But I would kindly request to all of you to keep in touch with this forum and may guide to newcomers on this forum.

Special thanks to Yulia to arrange all of this data, sharing information and quick response.

2nd round PGP
Congrats!

Did you note show if you were sent to Security check (CBSA) at all or not? Was there any military record?

Where did you end up sending the passport? Did you pickup again or they mailed to you?

shafiq109

Nov 7, 2018
Congrats!

Did you note show if you were sent to Security check (CBSA) at all or not? Was there any military record?

Where did you end up sending the passport? Did you pickup again or they mailed to you?
Thank you very much
I do not have any military or sensitive job and do not know have any information about CBSA.
I submit my passports in Islamabad, Pakistan
(Address
Canada Visa Application Centre
Park Road, Bakhtawar
Chak Shazad, Islamabad)
and received from same location.

Good Luck to all of you who is in this line.

scm1954

Dec 4, 2018
Dear All,

2nd round PGP

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Two weeks ago I requested records to access the file of my parents to ATIP. I received the information this morning. As per the latest update my mother medical was transferred to CMAU on 2018/11/29. Can someone let me know what is CMAU?

"Text: File pending Officer review. All requested documents have been received. PA meds was transferred to CMAU on 2018/11/29. DEP meds passed."
Congratulations on your successful application. Could you please confirm how you placed the record request with ATIP?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Happy Friday everyone.

Hi Yulia and everyone else who got 2nd medical request from London LVO. I have these questions for you:

1- Do you remember if your CIC online account still showed "Background check in process" when they sent the 2nd medical request or did Background check show complete?
2- Was your medical request sent after your first one expired or just before 1st one expired?

Thanks,

Last edited: