First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I am wondering if anyone who completed 2017 process can help me

After almost two week sending passports to Ottawa, I called CIC call center today and was told there was no note in the system indicated that passports had been received by CIC. I have wait till 2 weeks pass which is tomorrow to call CIC to start an investigation.

I know it is very small chance but anyone had this kind of experience?
did you tracking it?

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
did you tracking it?
I did. Canada Post confirmed it has been delivered to CIC mail re-distribution centre. As well as showing on online tracking. But when I call CIC they have not record in the system that passports have been received. That worries me as the repre told me CIC's rule is passports need to be processed within 2 weeks. And because tomorrow is 10th business day they would have received the package, I have to call them on Thursday if nothing turns up.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I did. Canada Post confirmed it has been delivered to CIC mail re-distribution centre. As well as showing on online tracking. But when I call CIC they have not record in the system that passports have been received. That worries me as the repre told me CIC's rule is passports need to be processed within 2 weeks. And because tomorrow is 10th business day they would have received the package, I have to call them on Thursday if nothing turns up.
didnt here about that rule :rolleyes:
look at complete cases
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Hi

LVO on April 24 sent a request letter asking for the following .

CV/Resume: The Schedule A form you have already submitted does not provide sufficient information on your employment history. You must provide a complete employment history from the age of 18 to present indicating where you worked (name of company/organization) your job title, duties, and the nature of the company/organization. You must provide start and end dates for all employment. This must be received at this by 2019/06/10.

i uploaded a resume today with a letter of explanation and supporting documents of job/business.

Than on April 25th i got the invitation to pre-arrival service and background check went into "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Hopefully this wont take long now .Background checks scare me though. 21 months now since i have applied. :(.
Does the document deadline of 2019/06/10 mean he wont look at the file before that ?

P.S : Also applied notes today so lets see what they say in a month.Hopefully i don't have to open them ;P

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi

LVO on April 24 sent a request letter asking for the following .

CV/Resume: The Schedule A form you have already submitted does not provide sufficient information on your employment history. You must provide a complete employment history from the age of 18 to present indicating where you worked (name of company/organization) your job title, duties, and the nature of the company/organization. You must provide start and end dates for all employment. This must be received at this by 2019/06/10.

i uploaded a resume today with a letter of explanation and supporting documents of job/business.

Than on April 25th i got the invitation to pre-arrival service and background check went into "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Hopefully this wont take long now .Background checks scare me though. 21 months now since i have applied. :(.
Does the document deadline of 2019/06/10 mean he wont look at the file before that ?

P.S : Also applied notes today so lets see what they say in a month.Hopefully i don't have to open them ;P
These are really bad requests when there is not enough light on the questions. Not everyone know or remembers where and when they worked and who with. Anyhow, this is how it is now.

The date they put for review of your documents is now a moot point because you got lucky and they entered the data you sent into the system.

There is no HE. The person who sent you the request has now forward the file to CBSA who will forward to CSIS who will probably give to local spies...so it's between few departments. LVO is almost done with your file. They have passed everything else on your file but security pending CBSA recommendations.

Once you are sent to background check, most likely you have to get what they call a comperhensive check which is really BS because only 0.001% or less of people have failed those tests and even those probably not all due to security issues or any...

Not to be disappointing you, but you will be in background check at least 3 month but probably 8-12 month if you don't hear back by 4th month.

Last edited:

shafiq109

Nov 7, 2018
Dear All,
Good Morning,
Can you guys read this statement and let me know what it mean? Pre-arrival Services Letter
Hello, We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada. Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations.
These service providers offer free information to help you with: • Living and working in Canada;

Thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Dear All,
Good Morning,
Can you guys read this statement and let me know what it mean? Pre-arrival Services Letter
Hello, We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada. Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations.
These service providers offer free information to help you with: • Living and working in Canada;

Thanks
just information latter, nothing to do, possibly you will get PPR soon :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=1444578034

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi

Hi YULIA,
You are Awesome - Government of Canada! I am happy to get your quick response! Thanks
:D I'm not from government by the way

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi

looks good, they'll check it again before June or in due date, just wait DM in e-case

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Dear All,
Good Morning,

Thanks
Pre-arrival notice means your applicants can obtain some services remotely (online or otherwise) through service contractors of Immigration Canada to prepare themselves for arriving in Canada. But it's a waste of tax payers money and the letter gives false hope of coming to Canada next week. Explore the services and see if any is useful to you or your parents; I bet none are...and specially not at this time when they are still overseas.

Pre-arrival notice for some applicants means passport request soon to come but there are few countries for which it doesn't pretty much mean anything because they have not really passed eligibility. Sure, GCMS notes show Eligibility passed but I will tell you why not.

Being from Pakistan (I am assuming from your avatar) pre-arrival letter means that you have passed what I call Level Eligibility which is the officer believes your parents are truly your parents, that you are a Canadian citizen residing in Canada now, that relationship is proved by virtue of documents, that your mother and father are married, <<<< all of this to prove: that primary applicant is a member of the family class per R117(1)c. And that spouse of PA is a family member per R1(3) hence Eligibility is PASSED. However, I still like to call this Eligibility Level 1, because they will make another round after security and that is when I would say you are truly eligible because then they will request passport.

In the same eligibility note, they will check to make sure your medical results are on file and parents are in good health, that police reports are with no results, travel history is reviewed so if you did send all necessary police reports otherwise they will ask you again but seems you have already done that from all countries you were in (more than 6 months), and that your landing fees are paid.

Next up, you will be asked to send another Schedule A (most likely) to make sure things are updated and then package it all and you will be sent to security check (CBSA) which has a lengthy and YES very stupid process that is practically useless for discrimination (let's call a spade a spade). Once they respond back with their recommendation to CIC then LVO will re-visit your eligibility and will decide to truly make you eligible or not which is what I call Eligibility Level 2. At this point, your medical is most likely expired because it's past one year. So, they will lazily ask for another medical exam from you. This second medical exam means good things because they won't ask for it unless they are sure you are approved. This is the only consistent thing with London Visa Office. I mean even most incompetent people sometimes get something right.

Once the medical is passed again then you are good to go for passport request. London Visa office has a reputation of sending a lot of people (even Russia or old Soviet Union countries) for security check which is exactly why medical expires (CBSA takes 3 months to 18 months to lazily report back).

Unfortunately, you are most likely, at the beginning of a very long security process now (3 months to 8 months to 12 months to 18 months). However, you could also be VERY lucky (of course without any military service and have had a great case worker) who didn't send you to CBSA for security check in which case you will soon receive passport request. You will know this in few days to couple weeks where you stand depending on whether they ask for passport or not.

Good luck in the next few days to couple weeks.