+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
That sounds very good things from the looks of it.

- How many days has it been since you uploaded schedule A again?

- This change was made on My CIC account without sending you an email update?
another update:

Medical exam have been requested for my parents today. this is the second medical exam.

i uploaded the Schedule A forms around April 5

Reactions: YULIA-2016

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
another update:

Medical exam have been requested for my parents today. this is the second medical exam.

i uploaded the Schedule A forms around April 5
Well, well, then you are on your way. It's a petty they don't extend medical exam viability but even so it should 5-10 days to get medical approval.

I think you reported March 27 upload of scheduale A so about 21 days took them.

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Well, well, then you are on your way. It's a petty they don't extend medical exam viability but even so it should 5-10 days to get medical approval.

I think you reported March 27 upload of scheduale A so about 21 days took them.
yes i remember it was i guess late march or early april.
Yes they should only request medicals when they are sure that the processing of the application would be complete within the validity of the medical exam. as it results in processing delays and also costs money to the applicants to undergo exam multiple times.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
yes i remember it was i guess late march or early april.
Yes they should only request medicals when they are sure that the processing of the application would be complete within the validity of the medical exam. as it results in processing delays and also costs money to the applicants to undergo exam multiple times.
Not only that, but also:
1- Not much changes in people in 1-year; why have a 365 day expiry?
2- When someone passes a test they must be passed for good. It's not our problem that they are slow. What if someone fails next time? it's unfair to those applicants to get rejected because had the officer done his job on time that person would have been in Canada and under OHIP without the need to re-do an exam for CIC.
3- There is a discrimination of process when it comes to PGP applicants for above reason VS spousal cases which are dealt with much faster.

This makes it look like we want to cherry pick the healthiest people and it's not about joining families.

Good luck.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
an update for my parents application on online CIC account: i uploaded newly filled Schedule A and police certificates for my parents few days ago
and following items have changed today:

Review of additional documents now shows " Not Applicable"
Review of Medical results: We are reviewing the results of your medical exam (although medical exam has already expired in Nov 2018)

maybe request to redo medicals will come soon.
yes, means old one is expired, I had the same

ppphoebe.zs

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi team,

Almost 9 months since I submitted additional document for the PA letter.

My parents finally requested for another medics on Apr 1st. Since they are in Canada now, they did their medical here and submitted on Apr 3rd, and Apr 10th it says MD passed.

Today, Apr 23, when I check in online tool, it is showing Decision Made. No change from the other portal yet and no email received.

Hopefully passport request is soon coming.

Ellie1981

Nov 29, 2017
Hi , my parents got their Visa and PR confirmation letter today. They plan to come to Vancouver, but they will have a connection flight in Montreal. So, their first port of entry will be in Montreal. Is this ok? Or they have to give officer Montreal address for PR card ?

shafiq109

Nov 7, 2018
Hi , my parents got their Visa and PR confirmation letter today. They plan to come to Vancouver, but they will have a connection flight in Montreal. So, their first port of entry will be in Montreal. Is this ok? Or they have to give officer Montreal address for PR card ?
Congratulations! This is normal process. They can be landed anywhere in Canada and provided address for PR anywhere in Canada. Have a safe flight.

Reactions: Ellie1981

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
They can land anywhere in canada so you can provide Vancouver address for the PR card as they will be living over there, however their immigration will happen in Montreal where they will receive the landing paper etc.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
,My dad landed as PR ( sponsorship) in March. Do we file taxes for sponsored candidates?
yes, 0 income, he will get GST return

amitpal.gta@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2016
Hello plz help if any one gone thru same situation , I as sponsor have 3 year returns but my wife have only 2 year tax returns . I had enough income to sponsor in 2016 but in 2017 n 2018 I qualify with my spouse income . So can 1 add her as co-signer with only 2 year returns or not?plz guide

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello plz help if any one gone thru same situation , I as sponsor have 3 year returns but my wife have only 2 year tax returns . I had enough income to sponsor in 2016 but in 2017 n 2018 I qualify with my spouse income . So can 1 add her as co-signer with only 2 year returns or not?plz guide
Add your spouse as a co signer regardless the year and provide them the NOA (for both of you) for the last three years. As long as you meet LICO for the last three years, i guess it's good to go even though your spouse doesn't have NOA for 2016 (i guess you had sufficient income in 2016 to meet the LICO so don't worry about your wife's not having NOA for that year). CIC only cares if you meet the LICO for the last three years with or without co signer.

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
I am wondering if anyone who completed 2017 process can help me

After almost two week sending passports to Ottawa, I called CIC call center today and was told there was no note in the system indicated that passports had been received by CIC. I have wait till 2 weeks pass which is tomorrow to call CIC to start an investigation.

I know it is very small chance but anyone had this kind of experience?