+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Dear All,
I need information for PGP application security check time from London Office. I heard they are too slow but if some one has gone through this process recently. Please share it. Thanks
What Spartan noted is accurate. There have a 1 month, 2 month, 3 months, and then 6 months pass process (or the reps put the files AWAY for that long).

What is really stupid about London is that each department and each rep asks their own paperwork. And they ask the paperwork that is already on file anyway. It seems to me they only look at the computer screen and not submitted paperwork (PGP is still submitted by paper) so this delays the process. Many people end up sending Schedule A again, Travel history again, etc...

Reactions: shafiq109

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Can someone tell me what kind of documents proofe that someone is a dependent on his father?
Someone is dependent automatically if they are under age required. Else, someone has to be incapacitated mentally or otherwise. Rules are written somewhere on CIC. SO, this means one TRULY must be dependent.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Reactions: ramy22200

fozfer

Apr 15, 2013
Hi Everyone - I need some information regarding my parents PR application. It is being processed at London Office and my parents are based in Pakistan. Below is a timeline of medical and police certificate.

1. We received application for permanent residence on November 6, 2017.

2. We started processing application on May 11, 2018.

3. MEDICAL: We sent medical instructions on July 23, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4. MEDICAL: Medical results have been received.

5. POLICE CERTIFICATE: We sent correspondence on November 15, 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I want to know...
1) what are the next steps and what steps are remaining?
2) How long it will take to get PR from this point on?

Thanks a lot!

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi Everyone - I need some information regarding my parents PR application. It is being processed at London Office and my parents are based in Pakistan. Below is a timeline of medical and police certificate.

1. We received application for permanent residence on November 6, 2017.

2. We started processing application on May 11, 2018.

3. MEDICAL: We sent medical instructions on July 23, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4. MEDICAL: Medical results have been received.

5. POLICE CERTIFICATE: We sent correspondence on November 15, 2018. If has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have so as soon as possible. Please wait until receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I want to know...
1) what are the next steps and what steps are remaining?
2) How long it will take to get PR from this point on?

Thanks a lot!
Eligibility is after receive of police certificate. If they have passed your eligibility you should see "Your background check is in process" in My CIC Account. You can also confirm this by ordering GCMS notes.

After Eligibility comes security. If needed to be sent to CBSA and CSIS it can take 1 - 3 months or 6 - 12 month to pass.

Once that is done, then London LVO will ask for re-medical (if expired by then).

Once that is done again, they will request passport of Visa stamp.

*Post what you see in My CIC Account and we can confirm further.

fozfer

Apr 15, 2013
Eligibility is after receive of police certificate. If they have passed your eligibility you should see "Your background check is in process" in My CIC Account. You can also confirm this by ordering GCMS notes.

After Eligibility comes security. If needed to be sent to CBSA and CSIS it can take 1 - 3 months or 6 - 12 month to pass.

Once that is done, then London LVO will ask for re-medical (if expired by then).

Once that is done again, they will request passport of Visa stamp.

*Post what you see in My CIC Account and we can confirm further.
Thanks for your reply. the 5 bullet points I mentioned in my post is what I see in the CIC account. How can I order GCMS notes?

shafiq109

Nov 7, 2018
Hi Shafiq109, just to give you an idea about London's office pace, background check for my parents started in Sep 2018 and exactly after 6 months in march 2019 Schedule A and police certificates forms were requested again. Background check is still in progress, pre arrival letter received Sept 2018, medicals expired Nov 2018. Application was submitted in May 2017
Dear All,
Thank you very much for sharing such nice information.

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
an update for my parents application on online CIC account: i uploaded newly filled Schedule A and police certificates for my parents few days ago
and following items have changed today:

Review of additional documents now shows " Not Applicable"
Review of Medical results: We are reviewing the results of your medical exam (although medical exam has already expired in Nov 2018)

maybe request to redo medicals will come soon.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
an update for my parents application on online CIC account: i uploaded newly filled Schedule A and police certificates for my parents few days ago
and following items have changed today:

Review of additional documents now shows " Not Applicable"
Review of Medical results: We are reviewing the results of your medical exam (although medical exam has already expired in Nov 2018)

maybe request to redo medicals will come soon.
That sounds very good things from the looks of it.

- How many days has it been since you uploaded schedule A again?

- This change was made on My CIC account without sending you an email update?