+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Maybe too soon but OAS is one of the things you can look into but has conditions of course and would not be an issue for you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/new-life-canada/plan-finances/senior-benefits.html
Thanks, seems she needs to wait at least 10 years to be eligible for OAS, what about seniors financial assistance programs that each province offers, like dental and optical assistance? I know she’s eligible but again I don’t want it to be an issue for me.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks, seems she needs to wait at least 10 years to be eligible for OAS, what about seniors financial assistance programs that each province offers, like dental and optical assistance? I know she’s eligible but again I don’t want it to be an issue for me.
drugs are free for 65+

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
just to update, today i have again submitted Schedule A forms and Police Certificates for my parents to IRCC London. hope the processing speeds up from now on.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Hi, my friend last got update in Aug that your parents application has been transferred to New Delhi VO. Has anyone's parents application has been transferred to NDVO? He raised a query using case specific enquiry and they replied that it has been transferred to NDVO and he should contact them. He has already contacted them but there is no update since last 4 weeks. Any pointers on how to proceed in this case?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi, my friend last got update in Aug that your parents application has been transferred to New Delhi VO. Has anyone's parents application has been transferred to NDVO? He raised a query using case specific enquiry and they replied that it has been transferred to NDVO and he should contact them. He has already contacted them but there is no update since last 4 weeks. Any pointers on how to proceed in this case?
Many been sent there. The thread is full of that. It simply means that local office will process the file. They will ask for medical and pcc etc when it's the file's turn.

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
It was done feb 2018 or 2019?
just wanted to ask if you call cic before to inquire about the status of your sponsorship? i remember from the forum you said that before they send you the Procedural Fairness letter, you spoke to the call center of cic.

i wanted to follow up the status of may parents sponsorship, but afraid to call it might delay the process.

Thank you

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
just wanted to ask if you call cic before to inquire about the status of your sponsorship? i remember from the forum you said that before they send you the Procedural Fairness letter, you spoke to the call center of cic.

i wanted to follow up the status of may parents sponsorship, but afraid to call it might delay the process.

Thank you
I sent you message

t1910

Jun 2, 2017
Hello, i am in the same boat, after medicals and PCC the file has been transferred to NDVO for background check, the last email we received from Ottawa was on Dec 18 telling us the file has been transferred for further background check and to to give them 2 months to get back to us , there has been no corerspondence since then.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hello, i am in the same boat, after medicals and PCC the file has been transferred to NDVO for background check, the last email we received from Ottawa was on Dec 18 telling us the file has been transferred for further background check and to to give them 2 months to get back to us , there has been no corerspondence since then.
This was an answer to an inquiry from you?
Off that they give a two months deadline. Are those the exact words?

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
My ECAS shows "decision made" since March 4th. Medical was completed on 15th of Jan. I uploaded the PCC back in August 2018 and my cic shows "we are processing your background check, we will send you message if we need anything". I have already received the pre arrival letter so not sure what's going on right now. Any idea how long it takes for them to request for PPT once ECAS shows "decision made"?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
My ECAS shows "decision made" since March 4th. Medical was completed on 15th of Jan. I uploaded the PCC back in August 2018 and my cic shows "we are processing your background check, we will send you message if we need anything". I have already received the pre arrival letter so not sure what's going on right now. Any idea how long it takes for them to request for PPT once ECAS shows "decision made"?
ECAS sponsor column is showing Decision Made or Applicant column?
^^^ This is only possible to view when logging in with Sponsor UCI #.