+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Today my parents have been asked by London office to provide newly filled Schedule A forms and Police Certificates . My question is do i need to provide new police certificates as well because they were provided at the time of application in May 2017.

Is there a way to confirm from IRCC that the request letter is just generic and police certificates are not needed or we have to provide new police certificates ?
I am asking this because police certificates from my country are generally hard to obtain and also take time.
Hi Spartan, first of all, this is good news for you and other's from London because you are next in line to have their file moved forward.

Police certificates I think are not very important documents. I have seen applicants who simply write an explanation letter saying they can't obtain one and officers allow that. I have also seen notes that the officer simply says police certificates on file and NRT (non-resultant) - meaning all good. And there is no expiry date etc...

BUT, you provided Schedule A with the application and then you were asked for Schedule A again before Sept 2018 (when you got pre-arrival) and now for the third time they are asking for Schedule A?

P.S. It's no co-incidence that *exactly 6 months from the time of receiving pre-arrival notice you receive another query. It's because the incompetent officers put arbitrary dates on files and come back to them in 6 months and never check during that time if any other document is needed or if Security Check has passed meanwhile.

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hi Spartan, first of all, this is good news for you and other's from London because you are next in line to have their file moved forward.

Police certificates I think are not very important documents. I have seen applicants who simply write an explanation letter saying they can't obtain one and officers allow that. I have also seen notes that the officer simply says police certificates on file and NRT (non-resultant) - meaning all good. And there is no expiry date etc...

BUT, you provided Schedule A with the application and then you were asked for Schedule A again before Sept 2018 (when you got pre-arrival) and now for the third time they are asking for Schedule A?

P.S. It's no co-incidence that *exactly 6 months from the time of receiving pre-arrival notice you receive another query. It's because the incompetent officers put arbitrary dates on files and come back to them in 6 months and never check during that time if any other document is needed or if Security Check has passed meanwhile.
thanks torontob. no they did ask for Schedule in Sept 2018 when we recieve the Pre-arrival letter. I provided the Schedule A when i submitted the application in May 2017. so this is the second time they have asked for it. and its been already 6 months since background checks started. So not sure why Schedule A is needed at this point .

also since Medicals were also expired in Nov 2018 , i am expecting they will ask to do medicals again as well sometime soon.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
thanks torontob. no they did ask for Schedule in Sept 2018 when we recieve the Pre-arrival letter.
I think you meant, "no they did NOT ask".

Now, this is a bit odd. Schedule A is a form which they ask just before start of security check because they basically decide based on that form whether to send the case to CBSA for Security Check or not (i.e. military service).

In your case, it seems you got eligibility passed already (hence the pre-arrival notice). Do you have this confirmed in your GCMS notes?

It's also possible that they got your security *response back from CBSA now and want to double confirm there are no changes in your background services since application was launched and that everything else is ready.

Another possibility is they heard differently from CBSA and want to see why it wasn't shown on your Schedule A and if you missed or want to hide it.

But my bet is they are just disorganized and want to fill the gap and need the form to finalize.

Is that the only thing they asked?

Hopefully you get the re-medical soon.

Last edited:

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
I think you meant, "no they did NOT ask".

Now, this is a bit odd. Schedule A is a form which they ask just before start of security check because they basically decide based on that form whether to send the case to CBSA for Security Check or not (i.e. military service).

In your case, it seems you got eligibility passed already (hence the pre-arrival notice). Do you have this confirmed in your GCMS notes?

It's also possible that they got your security *response back from CBSA now and want to double confirm there are no changes in your background services since application was launched and that everything else is ready.

Another possibility is they heard differently from CBSA and want to see why it wasn't shown on your Schedule A and if you missed or want to hide it.

But my bet is they are just disorganized and want to fill the gap and need the form to finalize.

Is that the only thing they asked?

Hopefully you get the re-medical soon.
Hi torontoB , sorry it was a typo, yes i meant they did Not ask.
yes they asked only for newly filled Schedule A and police certificates.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi torontoB , sorry it was a typo, yes i meant they did Not ask.
yes they asked only for newly filled Schedule A and police certificates.
Maybe file Schedule A with the old PCC and write to them that old PCC is attached and you are in process of obtaining a new one and send the other one when you get it.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Hi, I've below questions.
- My parents have landed here but they were not allowed to declared assets as it is not converted to CAD. They are asked to fill out some form to do so. Is this normal? How to declare immovable assets when parents land so that when they sell it they will not be taxed?
- My parents are from India. Is it a good idea to file tax for them in Canada? What are the advantages / disadvantages of doing so?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
- My parents have landed here but they were not allowed to declared assets as it is not converted to CAD. They are asked to fill out some form to do so. Is this normal? How to declare immovable assets when parents land so that when they sell it they will not be taxed?
- My parents are from India. Is it a good idea to file tax for them in Canada? What are the advantages / disadvantages of doing so?
not make sense at all, you sponsor them 20 years, no payments from government / only old security pension after 10 years/

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Today my parents have been asked by London office to provide newly filled Schedule A forms and Police Certificates . My question is do i need to provide new police certificates as well because they were provided at the time of application in May 2017.

Is there a way to confirm from IRCC that the request letter is just generic and police certificates are not needed or we have to provide new police certificates ?
I am asking this because police certificates from my country are generally hard to obtain and also take time.
I would say send them old one and see what happened/ specially if parents are here on Super visa/

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
There is a "Do you have $100,000 or more in foreign assets?" question when you file first year's tax return which you can tick mark yes. As for as tax breaks and advantages go, you should consult an accountant. No one is qualified here to tell you how to game the gov as it games you with taxes.

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hey guys
What type of “Financial Assistance Programs “ I can legally apply for my mom who is single, senior and with zero income??

There are lots of health and financial assistance programs offered for seniors, not sure if it can make me any problems in the future if she applies??

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hey guys
What type of “Financial Assistance Programs “ I can legally apply for my mom who is single, senior and with zero income??

There are lots of health and financial assistance programs offered for seniors, not sure if it can make me any problems in the future if she applies??
Maybe too soon but OAS is one of the things you can look into but has conditions of course and would not be an issue for you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/new-life-canada/plan-finances/senior-benefits.html