Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My ECAS shows "decision made" since March 4th. Medical was completed on 15th of Jan. I uploaded the PCC back in August 2018 and my cic shows "we are processing your background check, we will send you message if we need anything". I have already received the pre arrival letter so not sure what's going on right now. Any idea how long it takes for them to request for PPT once ECAS shows "decision made"?
check My CIC acc

t1910

Jun 2, 2017
This was an answer to an inquiry from you?
Off that they give a two months deadline. Are those the exact words?
These are the exact word "Please note that the visa office in New Delhi cannot respond to case status enquiries at this time. We ask you to be patient and wait until that office contacts you within the next two months. Your patience will permit the visa office to begin work on your application more quickly." not sure how long we have to be patient to hear from them :rolleyes:

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Your patience will permit the visa office to begin work on your application more quickly." not sure how long we have to be patient to hear from them :rolleyes:
This part is total BS. Inquiries should not slow down anything - why would they ever?!

What does My CIC Account says?
Also, order GCMS notes but you may hear from them soon anyway if they said that so specifically. I usually don't see that sort of language. The rep who checked maybe saw the arbitrary date of checking the file two months down the road which means someone will start looking at it and doesn't mean it's a guarantee of time for background check.

P.S. I see they asked you for resume. Did you parents work anything other than private sector? (maybe military etc...)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This part is total BS. Inquiries should not slow down anything - why would they ever?!

Also, order GCMS notes but you may hear from them soon anyway if they said that so specifically. I usually don't see that sort of language. The rep who checked maybe saw the arbitrary date of checking the file two months down the road which means someone will start looking at it and doesn't mean it's a guarantee of time for background check.

P.S. I see they asked you for resume. Did you parents work anything other than private sector? (maybe military etc...)
If you have to look up hundreds of files and give status reports weekly or daily it will certainly slow down work. Some people contact various parts of CIC daily/weekly/monthly.

t1910

Jun 2, 2017

My dad worked for the government different departments not the military though. I am worried now as their medicals will expire in September. Its been such a long process (almost 2 years).. do you happen to know whats the timeline at NDVO?

Elena555

Jan 18, 2018
My ECAS shows "decision made" since March 4th. Medical was completed on 15th of Jan. I uploaded the PCC back in August 2018 and my cic shows "we are processing your background check, we will send you message if we need anything". I have already received the pre arrival letter so not sure what's going on right now. Any idea how long it takes for them to request for PPT once ECAS shows "decision made"?
I am in the same situation. Since one month e-case shows Decision made, I received pre-arrival letter on February 19th, but I didn't receive PPR. I have the impression that we have been forgotten...

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My dad worked for the government different departments not the military though. I am worried now as their medicals will expire in September. Its been such a long process (almost 2 years).. do you happen to know whats the timeline at NDVO?
don't worry, my Medical was expired, I redid it :mad:

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Sept is long time to go in a way. There are other's who will expire in few months and London seems to have many files expiring (probably more than 50%). They will ask to redo medical or extend it when the time comes. Yes, it's a pain in everywhere to go through medical again and waste time but hey there is literally no MPs representing immigrants as a community so it can't get any better. Delays and neglect is part of CIC operations.

t1910

Jun 2, 2017
Sept is long time to go in a way. There are other's who will expire in few months and London seems to have many files expiring (probably more than 50%). They will ask to redo medical or extend it when the time comes. Yes, it's a pain in everywhere to go through medical again and waste time but hey there is literally no MPs representing immigrants as a community so it can't get any better. Delays and neglect is part of CIC operations.
agreed, they are working at a snails pace.

shafiq109

Nov 7, 2018
Dear All,
I need information for PGP application security check time from London Office. I heard they are too slow but if some one has gone through this process recently. Please share it. Thanks

spartan84

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Dear All,
I need information for PGP application security check time from London Office. I heard they are too slow but if some one has gone through this process recently. Please share it. Thanks
Hi Shafiq109, just to give you an idea about London's office pace, background check for my parents started in Sep 2018 and exactly after 6 months in march 2019 Schedule A and police certificates forms were requested again. Background check is still in progress, pre arrival letter received Sept 2018, medicals expired Nov 2018. Application was submitted in May 2017