+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
deerestlovelybear said:
Supervisa is also a JOKE, total JOKE, there is no guaranteed you will get a 2 years stay, they can arbitrarily give any time period. And why restricting to 2 years? Why not just give a 10 years stay, they are not gonna drain any health care or any benefits as they are only a visitor!
Early last our SV was only renewed for a year. We were told that as our PR sponsor had been approved we should become PRs within the year. Fortunately she was right.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
certus881 said:
On the contrary, we will not know how poorly supported nor obsolete unless we see an actual petition.
The petition link was in my quote. Here it is again. https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-739

As of today, after nearly 4 months, there are just 570 signatures.

bfach

Jan 4, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
certus881 said:
On the contrary, we will not know how poorly supported nor obsolete unless we see an actual petition.
The petition is in the hands of the minister at this time... we were told to expect a response soon. This issue affects from the sounds of it 80-90k applicants this year. We need them to support this...

Saying it isn't well supported helps no one. Help me gain more support for this. FYI the minimum required for a response was 500... which took some doing to make happen. I would appreciate if you would keep that in mind. Help make it 5000... that would be great.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
zardoz said:
The petition link was in my quote. Here it is again. https://petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-739

Thanks for the link again; yes.. very low. I wonder if a new petition regarding the overall outcome of this lottery will generate more numbers. 85000 people did just get rejected.

bfach

Jan 4, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
The petition link was in my quote. Here it is again. petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-739

So... do something about it... help us gain more support... Saying it is poorly supported is a) not helping the cause b) not a solution :)

Sign it, share it, call your local news office and get some time on the air. I have done this with AM640, 560 and CTV News. Obviously it isn't important to many who have never had to do something like this. We need to reach those who got the rejection emails...and even those who got acceptance that know how it feels to have their lives reduced do a lottery.

Please help in any way you can.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
scylla said:
This is a ridiculous argument. If there had been witnesses - do you honestly believe the results would have been better?

The problem was not lack of witnesses. The problem was that the lottery entry form failed to weed out those who didn't qualify. That was the problem.

Again, the witness thing is ridiculous. Don't mix real issues with fake issues. This reduces the impact of your message.
You can't argue with people who wear tinfoil hats.

ronguy

Apr 26, 2017
Yes received an email this morning for submission of application. Got through the lottery process 2017. Really HAPPY

shanaya

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Though I got a positive response, I do feel that this process has not been effective in terms of time it took and the cost incurred, and the disappointment it brought to the thousands of people. Hopefully, the government wil take this as a learning experience and make it better in the coming years. There was a time when there was no yearly quota for sponsoring parents, and people were applying throughout the year! This has changed now but I'm glad that the system still allows to sponsor parents. There are many first world countries that do not even provide this "privilege" as they call it!

enth

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
bfach said:
So... do something about it... help us gain more support... Saying it is poorly supported is a) not helping the cause b) not a solution :)

Sign it, share it, call your local news office and get some time on the air. I have done this with AM640, 560 and CTV News. Obviously it isn't important to many who have never had to do something like this. We need to reach those who got the rejection emails...and even those who got acceptance that know how it feels to have their lives reduced do a lottery.

Please help in any way you can.
yes we are here to support, did you post this on another forum, there is lot going on their ...
the petition is old, do we need a new one after the lottery yesterday ?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
shanaya said:
There was a time when there was no yearly quota for sponsoring parents, and people were applying throughout the year!
You should note that had that system continued, wait times for parents to get PR processed would have exceeded 20 years due to an ever increasing backlog. Nothing to do with speed of processing apps, but instead the quota of how many parents PR visas were allowed to be issued each year.

shanaya

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
You should note that had that system continued, wait times for parents to get PR processed would have exceeded 20 years due to an ever increasing backlog. Nothing to do with speed of processing apps, but instead the quota of how many parents PR visas were allowed to be issued each year.
That was exactly my point sir!

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
How to get/recover the Confirmation number if somebody has lost it?

BJbirdie

Mar 10, 2017
Another draw should be held when the people not eligible once their applications have been looked at are thrown out. Also there must be a lot of people who do not apply within the 90 days therefore leaving places available for us that are waiting. Aren't the 10,000+ places filled each year?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
BJbirdie said:
Another draw should be held when the people not eligible once their applications have been looked at are thrown out. Also there must be a lot of people who do not apply within the 90 days therefore leaving places available for us that are waiting. Aren't the 10,000+ places filled each year?
Agree, or allowing people to submit first come firsr serve till 10K is reached