Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
bfach said:
Spoke to my MP and this is exactly what the plan is. After 90 days, they will look at those who a) didn't apply , b) applied and were refused, and then take from the pool again.
They won't know if people who submit apps are eligible or not, until they actually do a full review of the application. This could take many months to get through all of them. Then you need to give 3 months for newly selected people to submit their apps, which will be pushing into 2018 already.

Not to mention this is from CIC website: If you received an email saying you’re not invited to apply, you’ll have the opportunity to show your interest to sponsor your parent or grandparent again in 2018.

They are not saying, wait for a re-draw of lottery for 2017.

In other words, don't believe a word your MP is telling you until you see it for yourself. Sound like he's just guessing.

IMO if they do decide to hold a re-draw, it will simply be based on total apps received. So out of the 10K invitations say 7K actually submit apps, they could then immediately re-draw 3K more names sometime end of July or early August. This would still give enough time for those 3K to submit apps before end of the year. For those in the re-draw that aren't eligible... well it's too late after that to do more draws so that would be it. Again this is even if they bother with a re-draw, which nobody knows will happen or not.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
They won't know if people who submit apps are eligible or not, until they actually do a full review of the application. This could take many months to get through all of them. Then you need to give 3 months for newly selected people to submit their apps, which will be pushing into 2018 already.

Not to mention this is from CIC website: If you received an email saying you’re not invited to apply, you’ll have the opportunity to show your interest to sponsor your parent or grandparent again in 2018.

They are not saying, wait for a re-draw of lottery for 2017.

In other words, don't believe a word your MP is telling you until you see it for yourself. Sound like he's just guessing.

IMO if they do decide to hold a re-draw, it will simply be based on total apps received. So out of the 10K invitations say 7K actually submit apps, they could then immediately re-draw 3K more names sometime end of July or early August. This would still give enough time for those 3K to submit apps before end of the year. For those in the re-draw that aren't eligible... well it's too late after that to do more draws so that would be it. Again this is even if they bother with a re-draw, which nobody knows will happen or not.
I too think they will not re-draw, but if they want, it's not too hard to find ineligible applications in a minutes.
In the past, when they receive applications by mail, first thing they did, before anything was check if all the lines are filled and signed.
While doing that, they could quickly glace at number of family and incomes, it would only take few extra minutes on top of what they are already doing.
Most ineligible people wouldn't even send the forms but there will be those who would just send it anyway and see what happens... just like they've entered the draw to see if it sticks.
Granted, they don't lie about their incomes in the form... which is illegal?

On the bright side, less qualifying applications = less backlogs, less wait time for future applicants :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kkim604 said:
I too think they will not re-draw, but if they want, it's not too hard to find ineligible applications in a minutes.
In the past, when they receive applications by mail, first thing they did, before anything was check if all the lines are filled and signed.
While doing that, they could quickly glace at number of family and incomes, it would only take few extra minutes on top of what they are already doing.
Most ineligible people wouldn't even send the forms but there will be those who would just send it anyway and see what happens... just like they've entered the draw to see if it sticks.
Granted, they don't lie about their incomes in the form... which is illegal?

On the bright side, less qualifying applications = less backlogs, less wait time for future applicants :)
Applicants must submit proof of meeting income, either by attached CRA tax returns, or I believe providing SIN info which gives consent to IRCC to get tax return data directly from CRA.

Confirming income criteria is a bit longer than a "few extra minutes" process. It will involve confirmation of family size, co-signers, and all income data.

If you haven't noticed yet, IRCC moves slowly on PGP apps. They may have just a couple people assigned who will be processing the 10K (or less) apps they will receive. There is zero urgency for speed here from IRCC, so I expect it will take several months to do even initial check of all the apps they receive, perhaps longer.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Applicants must submit proof of meeting income, either by attached CRA tax returns, or I believe providing SIN info which gives consent to IRCC to get tax return data directly from CRA.

Confirming income criteria is a bit longer than a "few extra minutes" process. It will involve confirmation of family size, co-signers, and all income data.

If you haven't noticed yet, IRCC moves slowly on PGP apps. They may have just a couple people assigned who will be processing the 10K (or less) apps they will receive. There is zero urgency for speed here from IRCC, so I expect it will take several months to do even initial check of all the apps they receive, perhaps longer.
initial check does not take several months
2016 10k applications, people who made mistakes on their applications forms got their forms returned in mail before March.
Again, it's initial checking basic requirements like, signatures and incomes, not cross checking with CRA or other bodies of gov.
This weeds out most of ineligible applicants.
But anyway, we don't believe there will be re-draw, so doesn't matter....

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
missingmymom said:
No offense to you however I find it is really baffling to see people who got selected not being able to find their confirmation number. The instructions clearly stated that you should keep a copy of the number for your records. How can one be so careless if sponsoring your parent and grandparent was so important to you. I really don't get it.
I understand your point and totally agree. However, in my case, my laptop crashed where I saved the number and I was not able to recover the data I stored on it. Hopefully, you understand what I mean.

Also, to err is human, so we should not criticize anybody without knowing the complete picture. So no offense to you too as you didn't know the complete picture.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kkim604 said:
initial check does not take several months
2016 10k applications, people who made mistakes on their applications forms got their forms returned in mail before March.
Again, it's initial checking basic requirements like, signatures and incomes, not cross checking with CRA or other bodies of gov.
This weeds out most of ineligible applicants.
But anyway, we don't believe there will be re-draw, so doesn't matter....
That is fine for things like missing signatures or forms, not so for income. You can't officially accept or return an app until income is actually verified.

Also once verified and before they are allowed to reject an app due to not meeting income, a visa officer must first send a letter to the sponsor explaining the concern over income and asking if they want to submit additional documents that showed they actually do meet income levels, and then give some time to allow a response. So again there is no way at all this can be done in what will be left of 2017.

Just recently there was another post from someone who applied in 2014, just getting this type of letter concerning their income now in 2017.
So people not meeting income level but still submitting an app, may not find out until several years later that they don't qualify, thereby missing opportunity to apply in subsequent years when they actually did qualify.

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
bfach said:
You are incorrect. I spoke to my MP and they will select more throughout the year once spots open up from the 10000 that were selected. If they don't apply within the 90 days, or if they do and are ineligible, they will choose someone else.

Hi Bfach , would you mind telling me who is your MP. or where are you from ?
I'm also going to contact my MP. I'm from Delta BC

thanks

bfach

Jan 4, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SC89 said:
Hi Bfach , would you mind telling me who is your MP. or where are you from ?
I'm also going to contact my MP. I'm from Delta BC

thanks
Marwan Tabara from South Kitchener Hespeler (Ontario)

bfach

Jan 4, 2017
Cambridge, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the final days of the petition, if you are pissed as much as I am... sign... can't hurt. Sorry I am not allowed to have urls in my posts :( not sure why...

just copy into web browser.

petitions.parl.gc.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-739

elara98

Apr 27, 2017
I just got selected. But i am not sure the number i wrote down when applying is the confirmation number. Can anyone of you tell me how the confirmation number looks like so i verify mine? I tried the help center phone line but after 1/2 hour waiting they hang up on me. :'(

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
bfach said:
In the final days of the petition, if you are pissed as much as I am... sign... can't hurt. Sorry I am not allowed to have urls in my posts :( not sure why...

Like I said before, sign it as it will get reviewed in May. Yes, I am disgusted!!

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bfach said:

I have signed it like 4 times

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
elara98 said:
I just got selected. But i am not sure the number i wrote down when applying is the confirmation number. Can anyone of you tell me how the confirmation number looks like so i verify mine? I tried the help center phone line but after 1/2 hour waiting they hang up on me. :'(
I am sorry, but it seems the only way get the confirmation # at this moment; is a call. You will need to try again, they are normally overwhelmed with calls. From what I gather from here; you are not the only one that needs to know the confirmation number again.

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
zarahsak said:
I have signed it like 4 times
Can a person sign the same petition 4 times. Doesn't that lose it's credibility when reviewed. I would suggest tell 4 other people about the petition and if they agree with what's on the petition. Have them to sign it.