+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistanis Applying for student Visa for Jan 2016 intake! share experiences

aarzoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Please share your experiences here. I have received admission letter from Fanshawe college in graduate certificate program and preparing documents to apply paper based.

aarzoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
MalikJumani said:
I applied for visa on 15th September
Great, you have already applied, how many candidates were there, I feel that most of the students apply for fall so there would be less in winter and processing would be fast.

mayaz1234

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ll be applying for winter jan.. URegina. MS... will apply before mid october

Mazin

Sep 10, 2015
Hi all. I actually posted this in another thread, but perhaps I could get some answers here.

Do we need the original (hard copy) Letter of Acceptance from the educational institution to submit alongside the application? George Brown College only emailed me a PDF version, but they'are asking if I require a hard copy to be mailed.

Looking through IIM5829E "Study Permit - Islamabad Visa Office Instructions", I see the following: "Original and a photocopy of the Letter of acceptance from your educational institution in Canada"

I tend to think that a printed version of the PDF would serve as an 'original' too. Am I correct?

mayaz1234

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First try that they will send u orignal letter via mail... if not and time is limited then go for printed version

MalikJumani

Oct 3, 2014
Mazin said:
Hi all. I actually posted this in another thread, but perhaps I could get some answers here.

Do we need the original (hard copy) Letter of Acceptance from the educational institution to submit alongside the application? George Brown College only emailed me a PDF version, but they'are asking if I require a hard copy to be mailed.

Looking through IIM5829E "Study Permit - Islamabad Visa Office Instructions", I see the following: "Original and a photocopy of the Letter of acceptance from your educational institution in Canada"

I tend to think that a printed version of the PDF would serve as an 'original' too. Am I correct?
Use the printed pdf if you do not have time. Or else wait for the original one to be arrive via post.

Mazin

Sep 10, 2015
Thanks for your input guys. I guess I will ask them to mail a hard copy regardless.

Now the big question is, do I have enough time or not. Seeing that the processing time is now 3 months for us Pakistanis, we should be applying 'now'. Out of curiosity, when are you guys looking at applying?

Cheers.

MalikJumani

Oct 3, 2014
Mazin said:
Thanks for your input guys. I guess I will ask them to mail a hard copy regardless.

Now the big question is, do I have enough time or not. Seeing that the processing time is now 3 months for us Pakistanis, we should be applying 'now'. Out of curiosity, when are you guys looking at applying?

Cheers.

Well, they say it's 12 weeks. I think you should apply 15 weeks ahead. Because I've seen people getting visa in ten days and people getting visa after four months. There's no confirmed answer. I'll suggest the earlier, the better. Get upfront medical. It reduces the processing times

MalikJumani

Oct 3, 2014
aarzoo said:
Great, you have already applied, how many candidates were there, I feel that most of the students apply for fall so there would be less in winter and processing would be fast.
I can not say anything about processing times. Maybe your guess is right. Yes the vfs office was empty. I reached there at 3:00pm and application submission took only fifteen minutes.

aarzoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Mazin said:

things are digital now, my college also told me that they are not sending me paper letter as chc accepts color printout and I will apply with color printout, by the way VAC also asked for original education documents are you going to handover your originals?

aarzoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
MalikJumani said:
I can not say anything about processing times. Maybe your guess is right. Yes the vfs office was empty. I reached there at 3:00pm and application submission took only fifteen minutes.
Thanks for sharing your experience, hope winter(jan 2016) session wont be as bad as sept 2015 was, as i read many deferred.