App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
However, is it alright if the PCC says "no criminal record from birth to date" if I spent last 6 years outside Pakistan? Or it's better to say exact dates from 18th birthday onwards
From birth till date is totally fine. The issue date however should be after your last visit to Pakistan

Reactions: ibtee

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hello Everyone. Newbie here.

I have done bcom from punjab Uni (2 Years) & then MBA from Comsats Isl (2 years). Which degree equivalency will I get from either Wes or IQAS. Is it going to be Two or more diplomas? or Master degree?.
I t won't be 2 or more degrees and for sure not masters I'm afraid. To be eligible for 2 or more degrees, one of your degrees should be at least 3 years or more (Canadian standards).

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I t won't be 2 or more degrees and for sure not masters I'm afraid. To be eligible for 2 or more degrees, one of your degrees should be at least 3 years or more (Canadian standards).
I think it depends on the ECA report he gets. For my wife, B.COM was considered Diploma (2 years) and MPA was considered Bachelors (4 years), so I got points for "2 or more degrees" because of her ECA. I still think it's a bit unfair though how some well-educated people get worse ECA than some relatively-less educated people as it contradicts the concept of level playing field.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
1. The police department will only write the address on PCC as it's written on your ID card. So you should fill in the same address in address history section of your application.

2. I submitted the computerized marriage registration certificate from Nadra along with the bio page of my wife's passport as proof of name pre & post marriage since both these documents contain the citizenship number. Her last name on educational documents was different from what is mentioned on the passport.

3. I submitted the marriage certificate form Nadra along with the original urdu version and the english translation as I already had it translated before. But I don't think there's any issue in submitting only the computerized version as it's an official document issued by the government.

4. The PCC should be issued after your most recent visit to Pakistan. Even if you miss a single day, your application will be rejected so be very careful about this. You should not get the PCC yourself, you have to ask your blood relative to go on your behalf since it must be issued after you leave the country. Also, since our PCC contains dates of stay period, it should cover the complete period since you turned 18.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the detailed answers.

1. Response to your answer. I have lived in a few homes in last 15 years (all in Lahore). The 2nd last home is still listed as my current and permanent address. Now if I go to get Lahore PCC made with my current NIC, they will put current and permanent addresses as that 2nd last home, which will contradict the address history that I'll submit post-ITA, right? I'm thinking of updating my current address in NIC so that the PCC also lists addresses in the same sequence as the one in EE address history. Do you think it's a good preemptive move? Also, are NICOP and CNIC interchangeable while applying for PCC?

2. That's actually a great idea! I can mention in LOE to steer the VO towards the matching citizenship number in passport and Marriage certificate as a proof of name change. However, if I want to err on the side of caution, do you have any other ideas for supporting documents that can further validate the name change. I don't have my wife's pre-marriage name passport to attach as proof. Can only think of affidavit myself. Nobody has posted a sample affidavit in Pakistani threads till now.

3. That's great. I also have the notarized English translation available from many years, so it would work like a charm!

4. What about travel history; did you mention all of your travels?. I will be able to input my holiday travel dates but my business trips to Pakistan are just way too many to list like at least 50 visits in last four years and I don't remember their dates tbh.

Thanks again. You're answers are really appreciated! +1

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
I think it depends on the ECA report he gets. For my wife, B.COM was considered Diploma (2 years) and MPA was considered Bachelors (4 years), so I got points for "2 or more degrees" because of her ECA. I still think it's a bit unfair though how some well-educated people get worse ECA than some relatively-less educated people as it contradicts the concept of level playing field.
ah okay that's unusual because I have seen so many people on this forum whose 2 years masters were being assessed as 2 years diploma. Anyways, as you say, only the ECA can tell for sure.

Sohaibkq

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
A guy here is charging me 10,000 PKR for submitting all of my documents to Wes and getting the Two or more diplomas. Lol.

I am just afraid that they may award me Bachelor degree for my 16 years qualification. If that happened, it is going to be a huge blow of 30 or so points.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
A guy here is charging me 10,000 PKR for submitting all of my documents to Wes and getting the Two or more diplomas. Lol.

I am just afraid that they may award me Bachelor degree for my 16 years qualification. If that happened, it is going to be a huge blow of 30 or so points.
Well, I am not sure about that person, but why don't you check first on WES online equivalency tool that what is the likely outcome?

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
Thank you for the detailed answers.

1. Response to your answer. I have lived in a few homes in last 15 years (all in Lahore). The 2nd last home is still listed as my current and permanent address. Now if I go to get Lahore PCC made with my current NIC, they will put current and permanent addresses as that 2nd last home, which will contradict the address history that I'll submit post-ITA, right? I'm thinking of updating my current address in NIC so that the PCC also lists addresses in the same sequence as the one in EE address history. Do you think it's a good preemptive move? Also, are NICOP and CNIC interchangeable while applying for PCC?

2. That's actually a great idea! I can mention in LOE to steer the VO towards the matching citizenship number in passport and Marriage certificate as a proof of name change. However, if I want to err on the side of caution, do you have any other ideas for supporting documents that can further validate the name change. I don't have my wife's pre-marriage name passport to attach as proof. Can only think of affidavit myself. Nobody has posted a sample affidavit in Pakistani threads till now.

3. That's great. I also have the notarized English translation available from many years, so it would work like a charm!

4. What about travel history; did you mention all of your travels?. I will be able to input my holiday travel dates but my business trips to Pakistan are just way too many to list like at least 50 visits in last four years and I don't remember their dates tbh.

Thanks again. You're answers are really appreciated! +1
You only need 1 PCC with the current permanent address. The Police department have their own specific format and they will issue only based on your CNIC / NICOP. They will not list all your addresses in PCC, only the last address will be mentioned.

I don't think you need to give any affidavit, only marriage certificate should be enough. If you still want to submit an affidavit, you can go to any lawyers office and ask them to make one for you but I don't think its really necessary.

I didn't have a very long history so I mentioned all my travels to be on the safe side.

Reactions: ibtee

Syed Faizan Ali

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
1. The police department will only write the address on PCC as it's written on your ID card. So you should fill in the same address in address history section of your application.

2. I submitted the computerized marriage registration certificate from Nadra along with the bio page of my wife's passport as proof of name pre & post marriage since both these documents contain the citizenship number. Her last name on educational documents was different from what is mentioned on the passport.

3. I submitted the marriage certificate form Nadra along with the original urdu version and the english translation as I already had it translated before. But I don't think there's any issue in submitting only the computerized version as it's an official document issued by the government.

4. The PCC should be issued after your most recent visit to Pakistan. Even if you miss a single day, your application will be rejected so be very careful about this. You should not get the PCC yourself, you have to ask your blood relative to go on your behalf since it must be issued after you leave the country. Also, since our PCC contains dates of stay period, it should cover the complete period since you turned 18.

Hope this helps.
Please share the links to the forums mentioning experiences.

I am in IP2 stage. While I visited Pakistan for a month, PCCs for my case were created.

For me: The date of issuance mentioned on the Pakistani PCC is 30th Aug where as I flew back from my visit to Pakistan on 1st Sept.

As for my wife, her Pakistani PCC, issued in Aug 2018 mentions the year until she was there permanently i.e. 2017 although we kept visiting Pakistan during this time. When we moved to UAE from 2017 to 2018, I have presented the UAE PCC.

The reason I do not get it is, how will the applicants be handled if they are applying for PR while being in Pakistan. They will never be able to get through their PCC due to this matter of date of issuance.

Secondly, all of PCCs from other countries will be considered the same way as of Pakistan in terms of date of issuance of the document. Because as in my experience UAE and Malaysian PCC did not even mention the duration or address we were there. It was just a statement mentioning that they do not have anything for this applicant against his/her passport details.

I hope for those guys to chip in some info in this matter who have acquired PR who either got an ADR or earlier application rejection for this matter.

Thanks.

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
Please share the links to the forums mentioning experiences.

I am in IP2 stage. While I visited Pakistan for a month, PCCs for my case were created.

For me: The date of issuance mentioned on the Pakistani PCC is 30th Aug where as I flew back from my visit to Pakistan on 1st Sept.

As for my wife, her Pakistani PCC, issued in Aug 2018 mentions the year until she was there permanently i.e. 2017 although we kept visiting Pakistan during this time. When we moved to UAE from 2017 to 2018, I have presented the UAE PCC.

The reason I do not get it is, how will the applicants be handled if they are applying for PR while being in Pakistan. They will never be able to get through their PCC due to this matter of date of issuance.

Secondly, all of PCCs from other countries will be considered the same way as of Pakistan in terms of date of issuance of the document. Because as in my experience UAE and Malaysian PCC did not even mention the duration or address we were there. It was just a statement mentioning that they do not have anything for this applicant against his/her passport details.

I hope for those guys to chip in some info in this matter who have acquired PR who either got an ADR or earlier application rejection for this matter.

Thanks.
For the country where you currently reside, the PCC should be issued within the last 6 months while for any other country, it has to be issued after you leave that country. You can check this requirement from cic website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

You can also check these discussions for more details:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rejection-due-to-pcc-urgent-help-required.531038/#post-6545536
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

Pakistan PCC is different from most other countries where the other countries will search through their database to check if you have any criminal record. In case of Pakistan PCC, they ask you to submit an affidavit in which you provide an oath that you don't have any criminal record based on which they issue the certificate. So the certificate is issued by your local police station only with the address mentioned on your ID card and the dates that you specify on the application form.

Syed Faizan Ali

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks.

I will quote the sentences for better understanding from the canada.com link;

From 1st link:
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
That means a person is supposed to spend 6 months atleast in a row to get the PCC issued after leaving the country.

From 2nd link:

For any other country:
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Now I will make an understanding of the links provided from the forum:

1st: It is not related to the matter of date of submission. It is about a confusion in dates mentioned in eAPR and PCC.
2nd: As per the example: Mr. X spent 9 months in a country i.e. more than 6 months in a row and tried to get a PCC before departure. So I believe yearly visits back to home country for a month do not fall under this condition.
3rd: Only two points are related i.e. c and d.
(c) if the PCC mentions year only that no need to worry about specific dates.
(d) This one is incorrect, as we should follow what is on canada.com website. So we are not supposed to add the duration unless if a stay was for more than 6 months in a row.

So all in all, a person should get the PCC issued after his departure only if he has spent 6 months or more in a row and he is no longer residing in that country.

Please inform if I have the correct understanding of the quoted sentences or I have missed quoting something important.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
For the country where you currently reside, the PCC should be issued within the last 6 months while for any other country, it has to be issued after you leave that country. You can check this requirement from cic website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

You can also check these discussions for more details:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rejection-due-to-pcc-urgent-help-required.531038/#post-6545536
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

Pakistan PCC is different from most other countries where the other countries will search through their database to check if you have any criminal record. In case of Pakistan PCC, they ask you to submit an affidavit in which you provide an oath that you don't have any criminal record based on which they issue the certificate. So the certificate is issued by your local police station only with the address mentioned on your ID card and the dates that you specify on the application form.
I received PCC from karachi and for karachi they don't require an affidavit. They have a standardized form that you need to get signed from you local police station SHO and then submit the form along with required documentation at DIG office for PCC.

Reactions: is82pk

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hi, for PCC if you are in Karachi you can mention your current address on the PCC request form and they will mention the very address on the PCC. It does not have to be same as the address in your CNIC. But make sure you cover the entire period since your 18th birthday, otherwise you application will be rejected.

Regards