+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks.

I will quote the sentences for better understanding from the canada.com link;

From 1st link:
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
That means a person is supposed to spend 6 months atleast in a row to get the PCC issued after leaving the country.

From 2nd link:

For any other country:
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

Now I will make an understanding of the links provided from the forum:

1st: It is not related to the matter of date of submission. It is about a confusion in dates mentioned in eAPR and PCC.
2nd: As per the example: Mr. X spent 9 months in a country i.e. more than 6 months in a row and tried to get a PCC before departure. So I believe yearly visits back to home country for a month do not fall under this condition.
3rd: Only two points are related i.e. c and d.
(c) if the PCC mentions year only that no need to worry about specific dates.
(d) This one is incorrect, as we should follow what is on canada.com website. So we are not supposed to add the duration unless if a stay was for more than 6 months in a row.

So all in all, a person should get the PCC issued after his departure only if he has spent 6 months or more in a row and he is no longer residing in that country.

Please inform if I have the correct understanding of the quoted sentences or I have missed quoting something important.
Hope it helps.
There is some confusion about this 6 months in a row rule as previously it was 6 months collectively in the past 10 years even if there were shorter visits. They changed this rule somewhere in February / March this year.

There are many cases on this forum where the applications were rejected because the PCC was issued before the departure date from a country. Now I'm no immigration expert by any means but it's better to be on the safe side and send them the certificate that is issued after leaving the country. If you go through most of the rejected cases, almost all of them are because of PCC, either date of issue, stay, not scanned in color etc.

You can also check on myimmitracker for applications rejected this year. I don't have the exact references now but I did see many such cases before I submitted my application in July.

Anyways, I think you've already submitted your application and are at IP2 stage so probably you've already passed the R10 completeness check and your PCC is accepted. But for anyone applying in future, I think it's better to get the certificate after the last date of departure, that's just my opinion.

Wish you all the best!

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
I received PCC from karachi and for karachi they don't require an affidavit. They have a standardized form that you need to get signed from you local police station SHO and then submit the form along with required documentation at DIG office for PCC.
I should have said Lahore instead of Pakistan as the procedure is different in each province / city. Thanks for sharing the process for Karachi.

Syed Faizan Ali

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
For the country where you currently reside, the PCC should be issued within the last 6 months while for any other country, it has to be issued after you leave that country. You can check this requirement from cic website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

You can also check these discussions for more details:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rejection-due-to-pcc-urgent-help-required.531038/#post-6545536
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reasons-for-rejection-faraz-summary.471670/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

Pakistan PCC is different from most other countries where the other countries will search through their database to check if you have any criminal record. In case of Pakistan PCC, they ask you to submit an affidavit in which you provide an oath that you don't have any criminal record based on which they issue the certificate. So the certificate is issued by your local police station only with the address mentioned on your ID card and the dates that you specify on the application form.
As for the affidavit, it is only required if the person applying for PCC is not residing in Pakistan and authorizing another person to follow it. i.e. an authorization letter notarized. Also, there is no restriction of having the address on the ID card. Furthermore, for me the form only required the month-year whereas the PCC had only year in Karachi.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
As for the affidavit, it is only required if the person applying for PCC is not residing in Pakistan and authorizing another person to follow it. i.e. an authorization letter notarized. Also, there is no restriction of having the address on the ID card. Furthermore, for me the form only required the month-year whereas the PCC had only year in Karachi.
Lahore is very strict in terms of PCC. Karachi didn't even ask for the affidavit, my brother applied with all the required documents.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi, for PCC if you are in Karachi you can mention your current address on the PCC request form and they will mention the very address on the PCC. It does not have to be same as the address in your CNIC. But make sure you cover the entire period since your 18th birthday, otherwise you application will be rejected.

Regards
Hey Jazy3313, can you send across your PCC sample for Karachi (minus the personal details)? Even though my wife's from Karachi (now lives in UAE after living in Lahore for half a year), her NICOP mentions Lahore as per address. So if my understanding is correct, Karachi police won't make an issue about address being from Lahore while issuing PCC and give the address on PCC that we provide them, right? Secondly, did they mention the period of stay dates exactly like you submitted or they wrote something generic like birth to date? Thanks for the answers.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hey Jazy3313, can you send across your PCC sample for Karachi (minus the personal details)? Even though my wife's from Karachi (now lives in UAE after living in Lahore for half a year), her NICOP mentions Lahore as per address. So if my understanding is correct, Karachi police won't make an issue about address being from Lahore while issuing PCC and give the address on PCC that we provide them, right? Secondly, did they mention the period of stay dates exactly like you submitted or they wrote something generic like birth to date? Thanks for the answers.
Hi, my permanent address is also from a different city, so as long as your current address is Karachi you are good to go.

Contents of the PCC are simple. They will just mention the year, in my case I'm living at my current place since 2008 so I just wrote 2008 though I turned 18 in 2010.

They will mention that you have lived at above mentioned address since 20xx to date and there is nothing adverse against him/her on record of police as reported by SHP XXXXXAREAXXXXX. His or Her photograph is affixed and his/her date of birth is XXXXXX

Reactions: ibtee

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi, my permanent address is also from a different city, so as long as your current address is Karachi you are good to go.

Contents of the PCC are simple. They will just mention the year, in my case I'm living at my current place since 2008 so I just wrote 2008 though I turned 18 in 2010.

They will mention that you have lived at above mentioned address since 20xx to date and there is nothing adverse against him/her on record of police as reported by SHP XXXXXAREAXXXXX. His or Her photograph is affixed and his/her date of birth is XXXXXX
Oh that's great. However, my wife's current address is same as my current address in Lahore, even though we no longer live in Pakistan. Do you remember hearing from the Police officer that the current address needs to be Karachi based for them to issue PCC? My wife's Karachi address is no longer on NICOP and can be justified only through her past NIC or MRC.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Oh that's great. However, my wife's current address is same as my current address in Lahore, even though we no longer live in Pakistan. Do you remember hearing from the Police officer that the current address needs to be Karachi based for them to issue PCC? My wife's Karachi address is no longer on NICOP and can be justified only through her past NIC or MRC.
Hi, I just got mine and my wife PCC done from Karachi. Yes they require the address on CNIC to be of Karachi.
( Someone who was residing in Lahore had his address on cnic of Multan, so they asked him to go to Multan). Different people have different stories I believe this is how it is
I am not in Pakistan at the moment so had I had my brother do the formalities. They asked for an affidavit.
I lived on 2 different addresses in Karachi so he had to go to 2 different police stations and in the end I got 2 PCC covering the total time I stayed in Karachi.
Regarding the dates, you will have to fill it on the form.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Yes it's absolutely necessary because your area SHO will sign on the application form and the DIG will sign on the PCC. So you must be based in Karachi. Otherwise you'll have to get one from Lahore for your wife. But make sure there are no contradictions.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Yes it's absolutely necessary because your area SHO will sign on the application form and the DIG will sign on the PCC. So you must be based in Karachi. Otherwise you'll have to get one from Lahore for your wife. But make sure there are no contradictions.
I'm definitely going to get her one for Lahore and that shouldn't be a problem but that will only cover post-marriage time. She lived in Karachi all her life since birth so how can I get her PCC from Karachi? Surely there must be a way a non-resident Karachite can obtain a Karachi PCC?

Sohaibkq

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
If initially i don't add spouse details, my points jump. I wanna ask once i reach there, is it easy to invite spouse? Any complications?

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
I'm definitely going to get her one for Lahore and that shouldn't be a problem but that will only cover post-marriage time. She lived in Karachi all her life since birth so how can I get her PCC from Karachi? Surely there must be a way a non-resident Karachite can obtain a Karachi PCC?
In that case, you'll have to show some documentary evidence such as copy of old CNIC. They will issue accordingly