+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

ouedbaht

Mar 9, 2019
I have some note sand slides given to be by a passout of 2016. I havent seen and verified the content yet. Do you want me to share or shall i review first do let me know.
Hi skhzkausar,

I'm also preparing for the nppe exam and it will be helpful to have preparation material. Would you be share it with me too?
Thank you in advance!

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
Hi , I was requested to undertake FE exam. When i tried to book an exam with NCEES it is requesting credential evaluation gain. Asking me to submit my degree and transcripts directly from my university AGAIN!!!!. The process of degree evaluation was already undertaken through WES while i was in my initial APEGA application process. CAn someone please advise how to overcome this???Due to COVID situation this is much difficult to be undertaken again.

Is there any case or way to have NCESS accept my WES credential evailation? Please advise

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi , I was requested to undertake FE exam. When i tried to book an exam with NCEES it is requesting credential evaluation gain. Asking me to submit my degree and transcripts directly from my university AGAIN!!!!. The process of degree evaluation was already undertaken through WES while i was in my initial APEGA application process. CAn someone please advise how to overcome this???Due to COVID situation this is much difficult to be undertaken again.

Is there any case or way to have NCESS accept my WES credential evailation? Please advise
Why do you have to register for the exam with NCESS? you can register directly with APEGA https://www.apega.ca/apply/membership/exams/fundamentals-of-engineering-exam-fe

Reactions: skhzkausar

gayajust

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
21-08-2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Hi,
I will hope come to Canada in September.i have 7 years experience out of Canada.Can i apply P.Eng immediate after landing? is Canadian experience mandatory or not for applying P.eng? How log it takes for the process?
Thank you,

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
Hi, blog members.

Where do i get my FE exam training? is there any recommended website or tutorials? I am planning to avoid problem solving in FE exam as much as possible. Trying to see if FE industrial and Systems Exam will be ok. If anyone has any advise on how to choose FE exam and where to take its coaching then it will be greatly helpful. Please respond.

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
Hi,
I will hope come to Canada in September.i have 7 years experience out of Canada.Can i apply P.Eng immediate after landing? is Canadian experience mandatory or not for applying P.eng? How log it takes for the process?
Thank you,
Usually they wont consider, I havent seen any written rule which states that inside work experience is necessary. I n my case I had 17 years and I was advised by BOE to undertake FE exam. Not sure how it works, better to be prepared for all scenerios.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Hi guys

I am new here to this thread.

Do you guys keep an Excel sheet of everyone's timeline? If not, how long does it take for BOE to review after I receive the email confirming that "my application has been sent to the review stages"?

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
I am not sure about the excel sheet, however I got an email confirmation for my PEng application at the beginning of February and my Experience Examiner 2 was completed sometime last week.

I am hoping the next step is that the board will make a decision in August.

Hi guys

I am new here to this thread.

Do you guys keep an Excel sheet of everyone's timeline? If not, how long does it take for BOE to review after I receive the email confirming that "my application has been sent to the review stages"?

Last edited:

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
My timeline:

Application submitted successfully: January 3rd, 2020
Applications Administrator assigned: March 11th, 2020
Application sent to the review stages: March 24th, 2020

I check today for Academic Examiner on my Member Self-Service Centre and it is still In Progress

So what are the next steps? Is it just BOE?

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
I am not sure about the excel sheet, however I got an email confirmation for my PEng application at the beginning of February and my Experience Examiner 2 was completed sometime last week.

I am hoping the next step is that the board will make a decision in August.
This is actually great if everything for you is done in 6 months -- fingers crossed

Micasnake

Dec 11, 2017
Hey everybody, does anyone has a sample letter for reassessment who get deferred for his application for Peng, I want to do reassessment because I did not have full understood of the CBAT, and I want to add more details to my competency,second question for the international experience how do you answer this question "Do you confirm that this competency demonstrated your ability to work at a professional level in a Canadin context" has to be by No since it's not Canadian?!!
Thanks

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
Hey everybody, does anyone has a sample letter for reassessment who get deferred for his application for Peng, I want to do reassessment because I did not have full understood of the CBAT, and I want to add more details to my competency,second question for the international experience how do you answer this question "Do you confirm that this competency demonstrated your ability to work at a professional level in a Canadin context" has to be by No since it's not Canadian?!!
Thanks
I think they want to see if you have the minimum one-year Canadian experience which doesn't have to be in Canada. If you worked in the USA for example I believe that's equivalent to Canadian context. I believe countries like UK, Australia are also equivalent to Canadian context; they seriously take into consideration matters such as risk assessment, safety, quality control, professional accountability, public safeguard, etc. If no one-year of your previous experience is in an environment that takes such matters into day-to-day basis, then it's probably not equivalent to Canadian context.

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
And by the way, I have 2.5 years of experience in England and I am relying on that to be a P.Eng. member! I have no Canadian experience yet.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Thanks
What exactly is reassessment?