+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Aug 13, 2020
Pls I need a friend who stays in Canada to help me with a visiting visa. Am currently electrical technician with 5 years of experience, currently working in saudi Arabia @Almarai Company in Riyadh north.

Wizzz

Mar 23, 2019
Hi guys,

Does anyone have free PDF copies of the Law (2nd edition or later) and Ethics (5th edition or later) texts for the NPPE?

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
You're right I think. I remember in England trying to get a job just for experience and asked employers for no money - guess what? no employer agreed to do that because of legal, ethical and liability issues.

Wizzz, If I were you I'd go for option 1, by the time you finish your one-year experience you'll be done and wouldn't have to worry about any more experiences or exams

Wizzz

Mar 23, 2019
You're right I think. I remember in England trying to get a job just for experience and asked employers for no money - guess what? no employer agreed to do that because of legal, ethical and liability issues.

Wizzz, If I were you I'd go for option 1, by the time you finish your one-year experience you'll be done and wouldn't have to worry about any more experiences or exams
I still need the one-year experience irrespective of the option I choose, and option-1 only gives a 2-year grace period to get that experience.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
I still need the one-year experience irrespective of the option I choose, and option-1 only gives a 2-year grace period to get that experience.
I didn't know about the 2-year grace period. Doesn't that automatically leave you with option 1?

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
When do you need to respond by? Maybe keep looking for a job and if lucky go for option 1

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi,

I also rec'd the decision as to improve some competencies and gain 1 year Canadian exp under the supervision of a P.Eng. In the mean they gave an option to register as EIT and I chose to do so and now my status stands EIT (member in training)

Query: When I apply to upgrade my application after a year, is there any chance that they may assign FE exam again? Its quite scary to again study entire engineering. Really appreciate if anyone can advice.

123settogo

Oct 19, 2018
Unlikely they will assign you the FE exam again. EIT = you meet the academic requirement so they will not review the academic records for P.Eng.

Hi,

I also rec'd the decision as to improve some competencies and gain 1 year Canadian exp under the supervision of a P.Eng. In the mean they gave an option to register as EIT and I chose to do so and now my status stands EIT (member in training)

Query: When I apply to upgrade my application after a year, is there any chance that they may assign FE exam again? Its quite scary to again study entire engineering. Really appreciate if anyone can advice.

Reactions: papan5069

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
Already went for option1 as it gives 8-year grace period. Thank y'all for all your contributions.
Hi Wizzz, I received the decision today:

1. Enroll as a Provisional Licensee once you complete the National Professional Practice Examination (NPPE)
2. Enroll as an Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.).

But the "Board prefers to receive an update within two years from the date of this letter to complete the above requirement". How did you get 8 years?

bikkil

Jul 16, 2020
Hi Bikkil. Please do you mind sharing your application timeline?
Application submitted successfully: January 3rd, 2020
Applications Administrator assigned: March 11th, 2020
Application sent to the review stages: March 24th, 2020

Academic Examiner Complete: July 29, 2020
Experience Examiner 1 Complete: Aug 6, 2020
Experience Examiner 2 Complete: Aug 11, 2020

Case to Board Scheduled: Oct 2020

Decision letter received: Sep 2, 2020

Reactions: gio1

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Hello,

I could not find any specific tread for EGBC applicants like this one is for APEGA, so I am posting here. Sorry about that.

Is there anyone here who applied for P.Eng designation with EGBC in year 2020? I would like to exchange some information here, so we can all learn from each other.

Regards