+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
BOE has responded today requesting me to take FE exam to confirm the quality of my education even though it was assessed by WES. In addtion, I have been requested to improve some key competencies (10 out of 22). I believe I had good competencies covering APEGA'S requirements. Is it advisable to request reassessment?
That’s my question too! No one answered me! What’s your option? How are we gonna improve our skills? It’s vague! It doesn’t talk about the experience duration! So when should we know we have improved the skills!? I don’t get it! It sees whenever you feel like...!!!

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
BOE has responded today requesting me to take FE exam to confirm the quality of my education even though it was assessed by WES. In addtion, I have been requested to improve some key competencies (10 out of 22). I believe I had good competencies covering APEGA'S requirements. Is it advisable to request reassessment?
can I know how many years of Canadian and international experience you have?

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
1 competency for each category! Like 6 out of 22! It does not make sense to me! They just want me to improve my skills without any duration!!! Can anyone help me what it means? I already have another year of experience that recently gained after I submitted my application. Can I claim it right away and use the examples from the recent job and submit the competencies again?
If I was in your shoes I would get someone else with some experience with APEGA to look at your competency descriptions and resubmit with a more comprehensive description showing that you indeed fulfill the requirement provided that you do have the competency level required for the category. There are many resources out there to find such person, even through APEGA. Are you a registered EIT?

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
If I was in your shoes I would get someone else with some experience with APEGA to look at your competency descriptions and resubmit with a more comprehensive description showing that you indeed fulfill the requirement provided that you do have the competency level required for the category. There are many resources out there to find such person, even through APEGA. Are you a registered EIT?
I was not before, but they asked if I want, I can enroll as EIT until they review my application, so I am a registered EIT now. I am waiting fro them to send me the forms to resubmit again!

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
1 competency for each category! Like 6 out of 22! It does not make sense to me! They just want me to improve my skills without any duration!!! Can anyone help me what it means? I already have another year of experience that recently gained after I submitted my application. Can I claim it right away and use the examples from the recent job and submit the competencies again?
Thanks Surena. If requested I also intend to update my recent job along with competencies. I will keep you posted in case any update comes my way. Are you in Calgary?

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary

Hi mbshez, Just as a back up, how to i find the resources to find such persons who can review the competency requirements? Also how do i register to EIT?. If someone can advise then I will be very greatful.

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Hi mbshez, Just as a back up, how to i find the resources to find such persons who can review the competency requirements? Also how do i register to EIT?. If someone can advise then I will be very greatful.
try to find a mentor. There are some people who wont respond but most would. I have found great support from professional members there. https://www.apega.ca/members/mentoring
Its $50 to register and APEGA actually helps you keep tabs on your meetings/virtual meetings.

For EIT you submit an application through the same portal as you did for the P.Eng. As you have already been thought the P.Eng. review, you can call APEGA and they might grant you the EIT designation.

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
try to find a mentor. There are some people who wont respond but most would. I have found great support from professional members there. https://www.apega.ca/members/mentoring
Its $50 to register and APEGA actually helps you keep tabs on your meetings/virtual meetings.

For EIT you submit an application through the same portal as you did for the P.Eng. As you have already been thought the P.Eng. review, you can call APEGA and they might grant you the EIT designation.
Thank You

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Can someone help with NPPE material? Do I need both suggested texts to prepare for the exam or is one better than the other.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hello I am new to this thread. My PEng application moved to examiner 1 and 2 review sometime earlier this week. However, examiner 1 is completed now and examiner 2 is still in process. Is this normal? How long does examiner 2 take approximately?

Thanks

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hello I am new to this thread. My PEng application moved to examiner 1 and 2 review sometime earlier this week. However, examiner 1 is completed now and examiner 2 is still in process. Is this normal? How long does examiner 2 take approximately?

Thanks
Seem normal to me from what I’ve read here. Regarding how long it takes, timelines vary. Processing times may be faster if you got your education and work experience in Canada. Just give it some time. Some people’s application processing averaged a year or two, and for some people it was less than that.