+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Hey Mike,

On the left top corner of the portal says PEng under my name and Type says "Professional Member"

Also, there is no information in Application Status.

So now I just need to wait for official confirmation through letter.

Hope you get some updates soon.

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Buffalo_transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
21-03-2012 (Med recieved 15May2012)
Interview........
"In Process" status change May 5, 2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2013 , "decision made" status change 30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
Hey man. I got mine too, thanks for informing me. Congrats to me.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Michael_2011 said:
Hey man. I got mine too, thanks for informing me. Congrats to me.
Welcome and congrats... ;D

I got an email too stating the approval so i don't need to wait for physical mail.

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Hello all,

I have a four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering from South Asia. After that, I have done a two-year diploma in Automation/Instrumentation from Canada. I also have 2 years of Canadian work experience in Instrumentation/Controls/Automation field in which I am interested to continue working. I don't want to become EIT in MECHANICAL discipline. I reside in the beautiful province of British Columbia, so I am seeking to become EIT with either APEGBC or APEGA in the discipline of Instrumentation/Controls/Automation. So my questions as follow,

(1) Which is better? APEGA or APEGBC? and How?
(2) Can I become an EIT in the discipline of Instrumentation/Controls/Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics, even though my 4-year degree is in just Mechanical discipline which does not exactly match with the discipline I am seeking to pursue my career in?

Please, any advise.
Thanks,

I am fine with any of these disciplines(Instrumentation/Controls/Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics) to become an EIT.

aabbhhii

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Can you please help me with the timelines for APEGA application?
I have submitted my application on last week of December and current status is:
"Thank you for submitting the academic documentation required for your application for membership. Your application has now been placed in queue. You will receive communication from an Applications Coordinator when we begin processing your application."
Thank you.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Around 6 months. Mainly depends upon passing exams and getting references for previous employment etc.

JAGGU

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
16 oct 2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
08 nov 2012
Med's Request
18 dec 2012
Med's Done....
24 dec 2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
18 dec 2012 (2nd PPR on Mar'13, submitted in Apr'13, again in Jun'13)
VISA ISSUED...
7 sep 13
Hi

Any one waiting for board decision since Jan'17. ? hope I get some results by Feb17 (as stated).

I haven't given Ethics n Law exam yet and waiting for this decision to apply for.

Will they make decision irrespective of my pending exam and provide me conditional approval on Peng?

divyalal

Feb 3, 2016
Hi,

I will be applying for APEGA soon. Is there anybody who has taken NPPE exam from outside Canada, if so, please share the details how you arranged for Proctor.

Thank you

Arunyuiop

Aug 16, 2017
Hello
Can someone please tell me the benefits of applying for APEGA as MIT. i have bachelors in Mechanical from India and Masters in Industrial from Canada. What is the benefit of applying as MIT. Does it promise that I will be getting an engineering job?
I know it counts your engineering experience and then you become licensed and shit. But if you are not landed yet in engineering job, can someone please tell me is it useful?

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hey guys
I have a BEng mechanical and automotive engg from UK. I am registered as an Associate member with Engg Council UK and have 4 years of experience as a Mechanical HVAC engineer. My degree is on Washington Accord but further learning is required to be registered as Professional engineer.
I recently got WES report for immigration and I think it's the basic package.
My questions are
1. what steps do I need to take to register with APEGA as an EIT and further as P.Eng?
2. Is the WES report that I already have enough or do I need to get another one for licensing purposes?
3. As I only have a bachelor's degree, do you guys recommend to study further once I am in Canada to make the licensing easier?

I would really appreciate any feedback/advice.

Thanks

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hello
Can someone please tell me the benefits of applying for APEGA as MIT. i have bachelors in Mechanical from India and Masters in Industrial from Canada. What is the benefit of applying as MIT. Does it promise that I will be getting an engineering job?
I know it counts your engineering experience and then you become licensed and shit. But if you are not landed yet in engineering job, can someone please tell me is it useful?
MIT status doesn't promise you a job but shows prospective employers your dedication to the profession. It also gets you support from APEGA to record your CPD and build your career further. Most employers ask for MIT or eligible to register as MIT so I guess job search should be your first priority. MIT is a formality that can be dealt with at any point.

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I need some advice guys. My degree comes under Washington accord (UK) and under the course search, it says further learning required for C.Eng status.
My questions are
1. Am I eligible for EIT in any Canadian province
2. Will they waive all technical exams and let me write my PPE? Thanks in advance

dante0000

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
PER received on 26/01/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2012, delivered 05 Nov 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2013
LANDED..........
02/10/2013
Hey guys I'm taking my NPPE exams soon. Can anyone send me some practice questions plsssssss. I will appreciate

Arunyuiop

Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys I'm taking my NPPE exams soon. Can anyone send me some practice questions plsssssss. I will appreciate
Hey there check FE Mechanical by lidenburg.
Just wanted to ask you,are you applying for your pp. En of Eit. Im soon going to apply for Eit and did my undergraduate from India. Will it be mandatory for everyone to write the FE exam.
Thanks

dante0000

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
PER received on 26/01/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
24-10-2012, delivered 05 Nov 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2013
LANDED..........
02/10/2013
Hey there check FE Mechanical by lidenburg.
Just wanted to ask you,are you applying for your pp. En of Eit. Im soon going to apply for Eit and did my undergraduate from India. Will it be mandatory for everyone to write the FE exam.
Thanks
I was given the option of registering with either EIT or Provisional Lic. I think I will go for provisional licensee