Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes Ethics is easier than Law. Time line 6 months to one year.

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Buffalo_transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
21-03-2012 (Med recieved 15May2012)
Interview........
"In Process" status change May 5, 2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2013 , "decision made" status change 30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
Hi,

The law part was tough...infact i had no hopes of passing....but somehow i did.

This week my applications status has changed to CASE TO BOARD - Sept 2016. I dont know what that means...but i think the board will approve or reject when they get together this month.

Gluck to all.

Cheers!

Mike

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi Mike,

Good luck for your NPPE result. I will be taking NPPE exam on coming Sept 13, 2016. Please see my questions as below.

1) I am wondering if you can still remember MCQ questions? If cant remember all, can you recall a few questions?
2) In your NPPE exam, do you need to answer for Essay type questions?
3) If you buy 100 MCQ from APGEA, in actual exam, the questions come out from that 100 MCQ from APEGA?
4) What kind of study materials do you study? just 2 reference books? If you still have some soft copy study materials, can you please send it to my email (myatts1980@gmail.com). Thanks in advance.

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Myat

Michael_2011 said:
Hi,

The law part was tough...infact i had no hopes of passing....but somehow i did.

This week my applications status has changed to CASE TO BOARD - Sept 2016. I dont know what that means...but i think the board will approve or reject when they get together this month.

Gluck to all.

Cheers!

Mike

matchless

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
myat said:
Sure you can apply before you landed. If you apply when you reach to Canada, you are wasting your time. check which province you are going to apply.

1) If your undergraduate degree is from one of the Washington Accord OR if your undergraduate degree is NOT from Washington Accord lists then your post graduate degree is from Washington Accord lists? If yes, they will probably waive all of your ACADEMIC Exams. Email and check with REGISTRAR first before you apply. Otherwise they may ask you take some academic exams.
Important to check with respective P.Eng Board first because different P.Eng Board have different styles.
For Examples, when you apply with APEGBC, during PPE exam you need to write EXTRA 1 hour ESSAY type questions for LAW and ETHICS exam. But when you apply with APEGA i think no need that ESSAY type questions.

2) After your ACADEMIC ASSESSMENTS completed, write EXPERIENCE REPORT.

3)NPPE exam (check with the P.Eng Board which you are going to apply whether they allow you to take NPPE exam outside of Canada). For APEGBC, they allow if you know any P.Eng from Canada or USA who can invigilate during your NPPE exam.

4)With APEGBC, you need to watch 2 DVDs for Law and Ethics OR attend Seminars for Law and Ethics sessions (Now no more) or online program. Check for other Province.

Until you get PROVINCIAL LICENSE you can finish all these steps outside of CANADA, because you don't have 1 year Canada experience. After you got Provincial License, then work under P.Eng for 1 year, you will get your FULL P.Eng. Hope this help.

Hey thanks a lot,,its quite useful

I have concerns regarding non-CEAB-accredited degree, With 10 years experience , does any board waive any further exams for ACADEMIC ASSESSMENTS.

Also I dont know yet in which province I would get job ( not yet in canada) but can I apply through any regulator for P.Eng

thanks !!!

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
myat said:
Hi Mike,

Good luck for your NPPE result. I will be taking NPPE exam on coming Sept 13, 2016. Please see my questions as below.

1) I am wondering if you can still remember MCQ questions? If cant remember all, can you recall a few questions?
3) If you buy 100 MCQ from APGEA, in actual exam, the questions come out from that 100 MCQ from APEGA?
4) What kind of study materials do you study? just 2 reference books? If you still have some soft copy study materials, can you please send it to my email (myatts1980@gmail.com). Thanks in advance.

Myat

1) sorry I do not remember any questions

2) Yes ofcourse, there is no negative marking so it's best to answer all questions.

3) I did not buy the 100 MCQ book so I wouldn't know.

4) I just spent a week reading the 2 reference books and making handwritten revision notes for one day before the exam.

Don't worry you will pass...just make sure you have read everything and understand it fully. And please read the questions twice.

Gluck to you on the 13th. Let us know how it goes.

Mike.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi Micheal_2011,

Thanks for your idea. I finished my online NPPE exam on 13th Sept, 2016 in Singapore. For APEGBC, need to answer two part, Part A (110 MCQ for 2.5 hours) and Part B (1 Essay question, choose topic from 3 topics, 1 hour)

I did my best but all the questions are tricky. So I am not sure whether I pass or not. Let wait and see about 3~4 weeks.

Some questions what I remember are as below.

1) In Canada, mandatory CPD need for P.Eng need how many years.
(i) every year
(ii) every 3 year
(iii) every 5 years
(iv) ....

2) Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is for who?
(i) Canada Citizen
(ii) All people in Canada
(iii) Work permit holder in Canada
(iv)...

3) As per NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), Canada engineer can work in which country.
(i) USA
(ii) North America
(iii) .....Austuralia
(iv)......, Mexico

Anyway I will let you know once the result is out. How is your NPPE EXAM result? Thanks.

Myat
Michael_2011 said:
myat said:
Hi Mike,

Myat

1) sorry I do not remember any questions

2) Yes ofcourse, there is no negative marking so it's best to answer all questions.

3) I did not buy the 100 MCQ book so I wouldn't know.

4) I just spent a week reading the 2 reference books and making handwritten revision notes for one day before the exam.

Don't worry you will pass...just make sure you have read everything and understand it fully. And please read the questions twice.

Gluck to you on the 13th. Let us know how it goes.

Mike.

Laxmi74

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
myat said:
Sure you can apply before you landed. If you apply when you reach to Canada, you are wasting your time. check which province you are going to apply.

1) If your undergraduate degree is from one of the Washington Accord OR if your undergraduate degree is NOT from Washington Accord lists then your post graduate degree is from Washington Accord lists? If yes, they will probably waive all of your ACADEMIC Exams. Email and check with REGISTRAR first before you apply. Otherwise they may ask you take some academic exams.
Important to check with respective P.Eng Board first because different P.Eng Board have different styles.
For Examples, when you apply with APEGBC, during PPE exam you need to write EXTRA 1 hour ESSAY type questions for LAW and ETHICS exam. But when you apply with APEGA i think no need that ESSAY type questions.

2) After your ACADEMIC ASSESSMENTS completed, write EXPERIENCE REPORT.

3)NPPE exam (check with the P.Eng Board which you are going to apply whether they allow you to take NPPE exam outside of Canada). For APEGBC, they allow if you know any P.Eng from Canada or USA who can invigilate during your NPPE exam.

4)With APEGBC, you need to watch 2 DVDs for Law and Ethics OR attend Seminars for Law and Ethics sessions (Now no more) or online program. Check for other Province.

Until you get PROVINCIAL LICENSE you can finish all these steps outside of CANADA, because you don't have 1 year Canada experience. After you got Provincial License, then work under P.Eng for 1 year, you will get your FULL P.Eng. Hope this help.
Thank you, Myat for your details... Apologize for delayed response.

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
My P.Eng application has gone through the internal review and is now Case to Board - sept2016. Let's see what the verdict is, I heard by end of the following month they send out their decision my Canada post mail.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Mike

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
hi guys,

Unfortunately, I fail my PPE about 62% (passing mark is 65%) (Law and Ethics) exam Part-A (MCQ, 110 MCQ, 2 hr 30 mins) on first attempt with APEGBC and I Passed for Part-B (Essay) 1hour. I will try another attempt on Part-A on coming January 23~25, 2017 with APEGBC. Good luck for all of you.

Myat

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
That's sad news. Now you atleast know the format you will definitely clear the exam next attempt.

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Michael_2011 said:
My P.Eng application has gone through the internal review and is now Case to Board - sept2016. Let's see what the verdict is, I heard by end of the following month they send out their decision my Canada post mail.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Mike
Hey any update on this? My status is "Case to Board - Sept 2016" too....

No updates yet

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
No updates for me too....still Case to board Sept 2016

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Michael_2011 said:
No updates for me too....still Case to board Sept 2016
I have read it somewhere that first the Type will change to PEng on the portal... then name will be added to Member directory ... and then within a week you will receive a letter.... if application gets approved...

Not sure when the board meets so not sure how long will it take....

Michael_2011

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
AB
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
Nomination.....
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2012
File Transfer...
CPP - Ottawa
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-05-2013 (at Coutts)
I just came across an application guide on the APEGA website that mentions the below.....Apparently they go through an upwards of +400 applications in one sitting and your application could be moved to the next meeting....Apega did mention on their website that with the downturn in the economy they have more applicants for P.Eng. So I guess its going to be some wait for us....Hope not!! Keep in touch.....

Board of Examiners (BoE Review)
The following is for Information Purposes Only – You will not be able to see this.
The Board of Examiners has the final authority in granting licensure of all engineers and geoscientists
within Alberta. It is the Executive Committee, of the Board of Examiners, who have the primary duty,
responsibility, and authority to rule on applications for registration.
Board of Examiners Review Process:
1. Applications are sent to an academic examiner to review the submitted academic records. The
review of your level of education and content of education is conducted (courses taken,
content, instructional hours, grades, etc.) in comparison the accredited Canadian education
programs and / or syllabi.
2. Applications are sent to an experience examiner who will review the WER and RefQ for
necessary experience and the application of technical theory.
3. The academic and/or experience examiners may require you to provide additional information to
clarify your qualifications. These requests will be sent to you by your Application Coordinator.
4. When the academic and experience reviews are complete, your application will be forwarded to
the Board of Examiners for consideration and a decision.
• The Executive Committee of the Board of Examiners meets on a regular basis.
• There are upwards of 400 - 600+ applications reviewed every month at these
meetings, and it is possible that your application may need to be rescheduled.
We are unable to provide any definite answers if the Board of Examiners will be
able to review your application in the scheduled meeting.
• If necessary, the Board of Examiners may forward the application to the Full
Academic Committee (FAC) to consider applications that need further review.
• If necessary, the Board of Examiners may forward the application to the Full
Experience Committee (FEC) to consider applications that need further review.
• If necessary, the Board of Examiners may forward your application to the
Character Committee.

REGT-G-403.02mv_sb May 24, 2016
Page | 88
Decision
A letter indicating the Board of Examiners’ decision will be mailed to you (via Canada Post).
The Board of Examiners’ decision will not be conveyed in-person, by email or phone.
The Board of Examiners have the final authority in granting licensure of all engineers and
geoscientists within Alberta.
The Board of Examiners will review your entire application and will either:
1. Accept your application for licensure
2. Refuse your application for licensure
3. Defer your application for licensure. In deferring your application, the Board of Examiners may
request
• Additional review by academic and /or experience examiners
• Prescribe confirmatory examinations or exams to make up for a perceived
academic deficiency; or
• Assess a requirement for additional work experience; or
• Prescribe exams and assess additional work experie

vinaj

Nov 3, 2014
Calgary
Thanks for the info....

Let's hope for the best... Will keep you posted here....

Michael_2011 said:
I just came across an application guide on the APEGA website that mentions the below.....Apparently they go through an upwards of +400 applications in one sitting and your application could be moved to the next meeting....Apega did mention on their website that with the downturn in the economy they have more applicants for P.Eng. So I guess its going to be some wait for us....Hope not!! Keep in touch.....