upfront
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-04-2015 In Process: 06-05-2015
darookie said:
for your to be sure apply 1st week of June. :)

2. I only stayed with one employer. do i need to provide roe?

NO

3. I applied for police clearance in kennedy and sheppard. I did the finger printing and photo and they put it in the envelo the with address in vegreville and gave it to me, Do i include that in my pr appliction or send that to the address indicated in the envelope

I included mine in the envelope together with the PR and OWP application

Thanks for the reply :)

Is that the L1 form where u had photo taken and fingerprints? some of my friends sent it to the address on the envelope. some were told that they'll be the one to send it to cic.

lilay123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
neng23 said:
hi guyz

I sent my OWP/PR application last December 30,2011 and CIC recieved on January 3, 2012... until now i haven't receive my OWP ...no updates from CIC... hope we can have our OWP this month of February...gudluck and Godbless us all...
WHAT Did you do with your police kearance did you send it along with your pr and owp application or send it seperately?

karri

Dec 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
Hi Guys, i am of the immpression that i do not need to apply for a police clearance in Canada, i should apply only from any other country that i have lived.

Police certificates

You, and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate, clearance or record of no information for each country other than Canada in which you and your family members have lived for more than six months consecutively during the past 10 years. If you or your family members were under 18 years of age when you lived there, you do not need to provide a police certificate.

It is your responsibility to contact the police or relevant authorities.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if you have any arrests or criminal convictions, or if you are a security risk to Canada.

This is what i read could someone please confirm.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karri said:
Hi Guys, i am of the immpression that i do not need to apply for a police clearance in Canada, i should apply only from any other country that i have lived.

Police certificates

You, and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide a valid police certificate, clearance or record of no information for each country other than Canada in which you and your family members have lived for more than six months consecutively during the past 10 years. If you or your family members were under 18 years of age when you lived there, you do not need to provide a police certificate.

It is your responsibility to contact the police or relevant authorities.

We will also do our own background checks to determine if you have any arrests or criminal convictions, or if you are a security risk to Canada.

This is what i read could someone please confirm.

No. In my case I didn't submit Police Clearance issued by RCMP.[size=10pt][/size]

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
neng23 said:
hello richmondhill

just wanna share this one , i copy n paste taken from a newsletter....

What has changed?
Prior to 11 December 2011, caregivers completing the LCP were only is-sued open work permits after their applications for PR were “approved in principle.” This is generally referred to as “stage 1” in the PR process. The stage 1 approval process involves verifying whether a caregiver has met all the requirements of the program and has completed 24 months of author-ized work. The estimated processing times for stage 1 approval is 18 months.

Since 11 December 2011, CIC has decided that open work permits may be issued before a caregiver's application for PR receives approval in princi-ple. This means that caregivers no longer have to wait 18 months for an open work permit. The choice by CIC to issue an open work permit earlier in the PR process is purely a policy decision and is always subject to change. There is no law that requires CIC to issue an open work permit be-fore a caregiver's application reaches Stage 1.

What is the current estimated processing time to issue an open work permit?

CIC posts all estimated processing times for immigration applications on its website. As of 25 January 2012, CIC estimates that it will take 32 days for an open work permit to be processed when an application is submitted by mail. Applications for open work permits submitted online are processed faster- in as few as 13 days. Caregivers should be aware that supporting documents have to be in electronic format in order to send a complete online application.
Caregivers should also bear in mind that the estimated processing times are always changing. The posted proc-essing times are just estimates. CIC is not legally bound to process applications in accordance with the esti-mated times on the CIC website.

Woow this is new to me! I never heard that we could submitt our OWP application online! It doesnt say anywhere on the CIC website! Of course is better and faster but who has sent it online?

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
hi guys,

any news yet? i noticed at the CIC website, processing time now for WP or OWP for same employer is Mar. 4, 2012...i submitted my application for OWP/PR Feb. 15, 2012...does it mean mine was already looked at? but i haven't got any letter yet....i wonder...goodluck to all of us!

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
hawk0404 said:
hi guys,

any news yet? i noticed at the CIC website, processing time now for WP or OWP for same employer is Mar. 4, 2012...i submitted my application for OWP/PR Feb. 15, 2012...does it mean mine was already looked at? but i haven't got any letter yet....i wonder...goodluck to all of us!
WP and OWP are two different applications but the same form. The Mar. 4, 2012 is for work permit(WP) only.

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i call the C.I.C thursday morning april 12,2012 to ask about the processing time of open work permit and they said the processing time of open work permit is 17-18months. and when i ask them about the new rules that minister kenny declared last dec. 11, 2011, that all application for OWP will be issued as soon as the immigration received the application. then the C.I.C agent answer me "NO" they just change the rules again, now you need to wait 17-18months for your OWP together with your PR.

so sad to know.

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singlemom said:
Hello everyone,

Just wanna asked what is the latest news about processing the OWP of a caregiver? A friend of mine told me 3 weeks, I file my application last January 19, 2012 but never received any yet. And I keep checking my application status on net, but it says can't found anything about the information I entered. If this news real I should have it right? I'm going for vacation on March 15 to April 2, hopefully before I leave I'll have it in my hand. Godspeed........... Thanks to all of you guys.
i call the C.I.C thursday morning april 12,2012 to ask about the processing time of open work permit and they said the processing time of open work permit is 17-18months. and when i ask them about the new rules that minister kenny declared last dec. 15, 2011, that all application for OWP will be issued as soon as the immigration received the application. then the C.I.C agent answer me "NO" they just change the rules again, now you need to wait 17-18months for your OWP together with your PR.

so sad to know.

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
richmondhill said:
i call the C.I.C thursday morning april 12,2012 to ask about the processing time of open work permit and they said the processing time of open work permit is 17-18months. and when i ask them about the new rules that minister kenny declared last dec. 15, 2011, that all application for OWP will be issued as soon as the immigration received the application. then the C.I.C agent answer me "NO" they just change the rules again, now you need to wait 17-18months for your OWP together with your PR.

so sad to know.
really?

is that true??

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akina green said:
really?

is that true??
[/quote

You can double check it with them.call them and be specific. Mentioned them the about the declaration of minister kenny last december 2012. I hope im just wrong.

Good luck to all of us.

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
This is confusing. Im wondering why CIC officers say different answers? I've hear some girls that called and they said they are working on december applications. Most of december 2011 girls received their OWP this month.
I really hope it only takes 3 months. I cant stay here longer than that!!!
God bless you all and good luck!

lilay123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
I will send my PR application tomorrow. hoping to receive OWP soon :) (fingers-crossed)

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
It's a good news for me today, called Cic hoping that my application was approve. Sent
My app for OWP/PR January 7, 2012 and CIC received January 9. And the agent said received my application January 10 and was approved April 18, 2012 and my OWP was mailed to me and maybe later or next week I will receive it. So happy, was crying and laughing at the same time. I guess my being unemployed for the last 3 months was worth it. Lol! To everyone here at the forum, thanks for the company and have made a lot of friends here. And I just talked to my friend in New Brunswick, I've asked her to call Cic because we sent at the same time and the agent told her that her OWP is on the way too as it was approved April 17. ;D ;D :D :D