+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Just for update

My timeline in CAS still same , the current status as following :
  1. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM 5th Feb 2019
  2. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 in 25 Feb 2019.
  3. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident in 26 Feb 2019.
  4. Received documents request by email from VO , requested documents ( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ) , the email was in 25 Mar 2019.
  5. all documents sent to VO via email in 23 Apr 2019
And no update until now. All the best to all
Guys, I received Pre-arrival letter today :) :) I guess its good sign, I checked similar cases but I couldn't find how much time needed for the PPR after receiving the pre-arrival letter .

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Guys, I received Pre-arrival letter today :) :) I guess its good sign, I checked similar cases but I couldn't find how much time needed for the PPR after receiving the pre-arrival letter .
Congratulations, I received it on March 05 and still waiting. I will let you know once I get anything

Reactions: YoYo81

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Congratulations , can i know what the pre-arrival letter contain .
Thanks,
Pre arrival letter - services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Thanks,
Pre arrival letter - services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
Thank for replying , My wife got this message on 4 April 2019 . Asking the God that all of we get nice news next days .

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Thank for replying , My wife got this message on 4 April 2019 . Asking the God that all of we get nice news next days .
Hopefully we will get a good news soon. Can I ask you please. Have you add your wife or she added you to the application ? I mean how’s was a refugee in Canada ? You or her.

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I was the refugee in Canada
I see, I heard it will be faster if the wife is overseas. I am not sure but I have one friend his wife came to Canada within 4 months. Did they request medical exam and a proof of relation ( email, chat, and photos) ? Anyway good luck

chabuck

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi every one !
I got my dm and done with landing my spouse got an email to submit forms pcc marriage photos etc
immigration has asked me to submit two forms as a head of family in canada
http://cicintranet.ci.gc.ca/connexion/tools- outils/form/documents/pdf/IMM5490E.pdf

IMM5540 completed by the Head of Family in Canada. This form is available on our website at http://cicintranet.ci.gc.ca/connexion/tools- outils/form/documents/pdf/IMM5540E.pdf

I am trying to fill these forms but website is not open cam you plz guide from where i can get these forms if website is not working

Secondly they have asked to submit
Copy of the Head of Family’s Basis for Claim Form (BOC) as submitted at the time of refugee claim.
I have one but its not signed or stamped is it ok if i am a inland refugee as i saw one of my family member claim his refugee protection is on border it is stamped i am confused

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi every one !
I got my dm and done with landing my spouse got an email to submit forms pcc marriage photos etc
immigration has asked me to submit two forms as a head of family in canada
http://cicintranet.ci.gc.ca/connexion/tools- outils/form/documents/pdf/IMM5490E.pdf

IMM5540 completed by the Head of Family in Canada. This form is available on our website at http://cicintranet.ci.gc.ca/connexion/tools- outils/form/documents/pdf/IMM5540E.pdf

I am trying to fill these forms but website is not open cam you plz guide from where i can get these forms if website is not working

Secondly they have asked to submit
Copy of the Head of Family’s Basis for Claim Form (BOC) as submitted at the time of refugee claim.
I have one but its not signed or stamped is it ok if i am a inland refugee as i saw one of my family member claim his refugee protection is on border it is stamped i am confused
1- Use internet Explorer It will work.
2- You should have a copy for your BOC in the same folder for your application. You should got in the first interview of refugee claim at CIC

chabuck

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
1- Use internet Explorer It will work.
2- You should have a copy for your BOC in the same folder for your application. You should got in the first interview of refugee claim at CIC
Thanks for your response yes i tried in diffrent browser and it works ,
I have a copy but its hand written and dont have any stamp or signature is it like this or i have to ask my lawyer

Reactions: hadeel_1986