+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
How come you can track your application?
Did they give you a UCI number?
Or are you using the same number as your spouse in Canada?
I applied for TRV before and I got UCI number at that time ,it’s same one because you got only one UCI number. If the PR application was your first I guess you have to wait until they send email and the application number will be mentioned in this email.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
How come you can track your application?
Did they give you a UCI number?
Or are you using the same number as your spouse in Canada?
My dad has his application number and UCI as well even though he is still outside of Canada & never been issued a letter from IRCC. HOW?

I will explain it to you & you might wanna do it. I called IRCC from here (Canada) and had my dad on over another phone, I had my dad speak to the agent to give me authorization (permission) to speak to the agent myself. So he did. Then I asked the agent for my dad’s application number & UCI and made sure that I write them down to check every once in a while. That was like 8-10 months ago. Today I can still check my dad’s application status because I wrote it down.

You might want to do what I did, good luck :)

Reactions: Refugeee and YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
My dad has his application number and UCI as well even though he is still outside of Canada & never been issued a letter from IRCC. HOW?

I will explain it to you & you might wanna do it. I called IRCC from here (Canada) and had my dad on over another phone, I had my dad speak to the agent to give me authorization (permission) to speak to the agent myself. So he did. Then I asked the agent for my dad’s application number & UCI and made sure that I write them down to check every once in a while. That was like 8-10 months ago. Today I can still check my dad’s application status because I wrote it down.

You might want to do what I did, good luck :)
Good idea

Reactions: live&love

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hey all, I create this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents also the additional documents which requested from VO if there is any, please share here .
I'll start with myself ,I'm spouse of protected person and convention refugee in Canada
My wife got DM at 5th February and on February 26, 2019 she became a permanent resident.

My time :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
The requested applications were sent and arrived Abu Dhabi visa office on 25th of February and no update until now.
Just for update

My timeline in CAS still same , the current status as following :
  1. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM 5th Feb 2019
  2. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 in 25 Feb 2019.
  3. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident in 26 Feb 2019.
  4. Received documents request by email from VO , requested documents ( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ) , the email was in 25 Mar 2019.
  5. all documents sent to VO via email in 23 Apr 2019
And no update until now. All the best to all

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Just for update

My timeline in CAS still same , the current status as following :
  1. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM 5th Feb 2019
  2. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 in 25 Feb 2019.
  3. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident in 26 Feb 2019.
  4. Received documents request by email from VO , requested documents ( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ) , the email was in 25 Mar 2019.
  5. all documents sent to VO via email in 23 Apr 2019
And no update until now. All the best to all
I’m just wondering about IMM5490 Form, it’s asking all about the relationship between the sponsored person & their sponsor to prove that their relationship is genuine.

How does that apply for my mom (the main applicant in Canada) and my father’s situation (outside of Canada) if they were married in 1985. The form is asking too many details (photos, first meeting, first gifts etc..). How will my father respond to those questions if they happened 34 years ago? They don’t remember most of the answers on the form.

Any advice?

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I’m just wondering about IMM5490 Form, it’s asking all about the relationship between the sponsored person & their sponsor to prove that their relationship is genuine.

How does that apply for my mom (the main applicant in Canada) and my father’s situation (outside of Canada) if they were married in 1985. The form is asking too many details (photos, first meeting, first gifts etc..). How will my father respond to those questions if they happened 34 years ago? They don’t remember most of the answers on the form.

Any advice?
I think VO not asking everyone for this form. Maybe in your father case no need for such proof.

Reactions: live&love

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi
Can we add adopted kids in overseas spouse application , because did not mentioned him when I did apply my case and in my PR application .
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Can we add adopted kids in overseas spouse application , because did not mentioned him when I did apply my case and in my PR application .
Thanks
You didn’t mention adopted children while listing your dependents. It would not be possible after the fact. Are they adopted legally? Are their parents deceased? There are quite strict definitions of what Canada considers as adopted children.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
You didn’t mention adopted children while listing your dependents. It would not be possible after the fact. Are they adopted legally? Are their parents deceased? There are quite strict definitions of what Canada considers as adopted children.
Her mother has been died
She took acid due to husband fight and when she was alive she gave stamp paper of permission to adopt . She died after our PR submission , even her statements at the time of sucide was he had fought with her husband to police and doctor . Even her husband give us witten permission . She was real sister of my wife .
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Her mother has been died
She took acid due to husband fight and when she was alive she gave stamp paper of permission to adopt . She died after our PR submission , even her statements at the time of sucide was he had fought with her husband to police and doctor . Even her husband give us witten permission . She was real sister of my wife .
Thanks
That is not considered adoption by Canadian standards. The fact that their father is alive is the big problem. Adopting of family members like nieces and nephews is common in other countries but it won’t work in Canada unless you have concrete proof that both parents are deceased especially since is a kinship adoption. Many would try to bring the children of other relatives if they could just sign a paper. You can provide financial backing to them if they would like to study in Canada especially for their university education. You would have to have quite a lot of savings to provide financial support to both of them as international students if you have your own children plus have your own expenses and must also think about your retirement savings.

Last edited:

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
That is not considered adoption by Canadian standards. The fact that their father is alive is the big problem. Adopting of family members like nieces and nephews is common in other countries but it won’t work in Canada unless you have concrete proof that both parents are deceased especially since is a kinship adoption. Many would try to bring the children of other relatives if they could just sign a paper. You can provide financial backing to them if they would like to study in Canada especially for their university education. You would have to have quite a lot of savings to provide financial support to both of them as international students if you have your own children plus have your own expenses and must also think about your retirement savings.
Thanks for the reply
He just 6 years old kid and his father mentally health is not well .
Thanks