+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

aliali334

Oct 3, 2017
Hi

When we send spouse application to overseas Visa Office (London) do they send confirmation that they have received the forms? How can we confirm that they received the forms?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi

When we send spouse application to overseas Visa Office (London) do they send confirmation that they have received the forms? How can we confirm that they received the forms?
No, they’ll not send you confirmation but you’ll know by the confirmation of the courier using the track number .After that you’ll recieve email for requested another documents, this is the normal process

Reactions: Safar@2016

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hey all, I create this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents also the additional documents which requested from VO if there is any, please share here .
I'll start with myself ,I'm spouse of protected person and convention refugee in Canada
My wife got DM at 5th February and on February 26, 2019 she became a permanent resident.

My time :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
The requested applications were sent and arrived Abu Dhabi visa office on 25th of February and no update until now.

Hi, I am in the same situation, I applied for protected person inside Canada March 2017, got DM on May 2017, added my husband to my PR application, Became a permanent resident in January 2019,
My husband application sent to Amman- Jordan Visa office and no update, I sent two follow up emails , I was told in process ( they are working on his background check) I don't know what I have to do, I am tired of waiting

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
My dad has his application number and UCI as well even though he is still outside of Canada & never been issued a letter from IRCC. HOW?

I will explain it to you & you might wanna do it. I called IRCC from here (Canada) and had my dad on over another phone, I had my dad speak to the agent to give me authorization (permission) to speak to the agent myself. So he did. Then I asked the agent for my dad’s application number & UCI and made sure that I write them down to check every once in a while. That was like 8-10 months ago. Today I can still check my dad’s application status because I wrote it down.

You might want to do what I did, good luck :)

I did the same thing with my husband application however I wasn't able to check with CIC call center because they sent his application to Amman visa office, so I have to send an email to the embassy for follow up

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi YoYo81

Thanks for creating this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents , it is really good idea i will add my wife time line we applied in Amman VO :-
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 20, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on June 1, 2018.
  3. we sent the requested documents to VO on 4 April 2019 .
and I am waiting .......

Hi,

I will share my Husband timeline
DM for protected person on May 2019
Got my PR Jan 2019
Got my husband application # an UCI on Dec 2018
I was told to send the requested Document to Amman VO on Jan 2019
Document was received on Jan 20, 2019
No update yet :( :(

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience

I will share my Husband timeline ( overseas spouse )
Got my PR Jan 2019
No update yet, still waiting :( :(

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience

I will share my Husband timeline ( overseas spouse )
Got my PR Jan 2019
No update yet, still waiting :( :(
Check your email regularly and ask your husband to do same , you should receive email from the VO for extra documents, like marriage certificate and PCC

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Check your email regularly and ask your husband to do same , you should receive email from the VO for extra documents, like marriage certificate and PCC

I submitted all the requested documents ( all forms, marriage certificates and police clearance from each country that he lives over 6 months). I am waiting to get an email to do medical exam.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I submitted all the requested documents ( all forms, marriage certificates and police clearance from each country that he lives over 6 months). I am waiting to get an email to do medical exam.
Maybe that’s why you didn’t received email from them because normally the overseas applicants send the requested two forms only which mentioned in the DM letter then VO send email for another requested documents, this is the usual process

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Maybe that’s why you didn’t received email from them because normally the overseas applicants send the requested two forms only which mentioned in the DM letter then VO send email for another requested documents, this is the usual process

Ok, I see, thank you. hopefully I will get an update soon. Do you have any idea how long it takes ?