+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Doesn’t matter he can’t be your adopted child according to Canada. What you are referring to is adoption of convenience.
So pls guide me what I should do other wise my wife will be sick because has attached with my wife since 5 years

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hey all, I create this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents also the additional documents which requested from VO if there is any, please share here .
I'll start with myself ,I'm spouse of protected person and convention refugee in Canada
My wife got DM at 5th February and on February 26, 2019 she became a permanent resident.

My time :
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 16, 2018.
The requested applications were sent and arrived Abu Dhabi visa office on 25th of February and no update until now.
Hi YoYo81

Thanks for creating this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents , it is really good idea i will add my wife time line we applied in Amman VO :-
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 20, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on June 1, 2018.
  3. we sent the requested documents to VO on 4 April 2019 .
and I am waiting .......

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi YoYo81

Thanks for creating this thread to share timeline for overseas spouse and dependents , it is really good idea i will add my wife time line we applied in Amman VO :-
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 20, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on June 1, 2018.
  3. we sent the requested documents to VO on 4 April 2019 .
and I am waiting .......
Hope to hear good news soon :)

Reactions: Safar@2016

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
Hey @Varadero , any update in your sister in law application?
Hi yoyo 81, today I received my dm and now I need to apply for my spouse, my first question, do you send by mail the forms requested on the dm letter to the vac?? I don’t know I already sent with my application, I have 2 kids, what the support documents I have to send ?? Thank in advances

Reactions: YoYo81

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi yoyo 81, today I received my dm and now I need to apply for my spouse, my first question, do you send by mail the forms requested on the dm letter to the vac?? I don’t know I already sent with my application, I have 2 kids, what the support documents I have to send ?? Thank in advances
Congratulations :) , yah you must send the requested documents via mail to VO. As I know you should send only the requested documents as this recommended by CIC but it’s up to you if you want to add extra documents. In the beginning they asked for the two forms only then the VO will send you email to ask for more documents if needed ( birth certificates , PCC , medical test,...etc)

wkzkakak

May 14, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on June 5, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on April 9, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Any idea what is next and how long will take?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on June 5, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on April 9, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Any idea what is next and how long will take?
Is this your status or your overseas spouse?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Yes she is in Afghanistan with my two kids
it depends on the VO and the officer ,Anyway based on the others experience the average is 4 months after the main applicant landing with taking in our consideration requested documents should be submitted within the time frame

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations :) , yah you must send the requested documents via mail to VO. As I know you should send only the requested documents as this recommended by CIC but it’s up to you if you want to add extra documents. In the beginning they asked for the two forms only then the VO will send you email to ask for more documents if needed ( birth certificates , PCC , medical test,...etc)
thank very much for your reply, my family is in cuba, the last week canada closed the services in cuba and moved to mexico, which has been stressful for me, anyways, i remember that in the guide for pr application it was clear i.e (the form has to be send to cic missagua) but in this cases i can't find any guide, it's geneal to VO mexico city??? or to visa department ??, i don't know, i just want to this process come to the end,

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
thank very much for your reply, my family is in cuba, the last week canada closed the services in cuba and moved to mexico, which has been stressful for me, anyways, i remember that in the guide for pr application it was clear i.e (the form has to be send to cic missagua) but in this cases i can't find any guide, it's geneal to VO mexico city??? or to visa department ??, i don't know, i just want to this process come to the end,
The place of VO should be mentioned in the DM letter , is it Cuba or Mexico city?

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
The place of VO should be mentioned in the DM letter , is it Cuba or Mexico city?
it' to a mexico city (it's clear on the DM), but my inquire was about to the embassy or to a VAC, but i found a post from samydude explaining about that, thank yoyo81

Reactions: YoYo81