+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
ok I see, you can check your application status online, they supposed to mention if they received.
Have you send them an email ask for status update??
No it’s not mentioned. I received two emails from them for documents requested (last one was 11 June ) and no medical test requested

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
No it’s not mentioned. I received two emails from them for documents requested (last one was 11 June ) and no medical test requested
Hopefully they won’t ask you. We are still waiting for Amman VO, seems they are slow and busy, Hope everybody get it soon

Reactions: YoYo81

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hopefully they won’t ask you. We are still waiting for Amman VO, seems they are slow and busy, Hope everybody get it soon
I think for Iraqi citizens the VO should send request for the medical test for the family that what happened with my friends and they have dedicated medical test clinics , me also waiting for Amman office for my family medical test .

Reactions: hadeel_1986

chabuck

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi every one !
My question is about spousal sponsorship after my landing interview my spouse got an e mail about additional forms one form imm5540 is to be filled by head of family in canada (me )
My question is will my spouse send this form with all required forms or i have to send this form ,it needs my signs too can we send them by mail or scanned copy should be ok
thanks

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Hello everyone ,

Just for update

The current status as following :
  1. Main applicant ( my wife) received DM 5 Feb 2019.
  2. VO received IMM008 & IMM5669 in 25 Feb 2019.
  3. My wife landing interview and she became permanent resident in 26 Feb 2019.
  4. Received documents request by email from VO , requested documents ( PCC ,Forms IMM5406 ,IMM5562E and IMM5490 , Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) ,photos which reflect the wedding ceremony/reception ) , the email was in 25 Mar 2019.
  5. all documents sent to VO via email in 23 Apr 2019.
  6. Received pre-arrival services 28 May 2019.
  7. VO sent email to request extra document 11 June 2019.
  8. Send them the requested document 12 June 2019.

Hope to hear from them soon , best of luck to all :)
They sent us the same email and requests but with additional requested documents and also passport photos. Did they request B.O.C and passport photos from you as well? If so, did you use physical mail or sent everything via email?

Please help. Cheers

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I think for Iraqi citizens the VO should send request for the medical test for the family that what happened with my friends and they have dedicated medical test clinics , me also waiting for Amman office for my family medical test .
Did you get any respnse after you sent all required document to Amman VO. I got pre arrival email only and I was told they are waiting for background check because I sent a follow up email.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hi every one !
My question is about spousal sponsorship after my landing interview my spouse got an e mail about additional forms one form imm5540 is to be filled by head of family in canada (me )
My question is will my spouse send this form with all required forms or i have to send this form ,it needs my signs too can we send them by mail or scanned copy should be ok
thanks
As I know, in the email they mentioned how to send the requested documents and I think you have two options, via email or mail . Check the email again and you’ll find it out.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
They sent us the same email and requests but with additional requested documents and also passport photos. Did they request B.O.C and passport photos from you as well? If so, did you use physical mail or sent everything via email?

Please help. Cheers
In the beginning I send them photos without their request, I’m not sure if they’ll ask or they’ll accept the ones which I sent. what do you mean by B.O.C ?

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
In the beginning I send them photos without their request, I’m not sure if they’ll ask or they’ll accept the ones which I sent. what do you mean by B.O.C ?
B.O.C meaning Basis Of Claim. Thats the story you presented to the Refugee board when you came to canada. They are now asking for a copy of this.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
B.O.C meaning Basis Of Claim. Thats the story you presented to the Refugee board when you came to canada. They are now asking for a copy of this.
I’m spouse of main applicant ( my wife) , I understand that she is refugee but I’m not. My case like family sponsor program, this is what I know , are you overseas spouse?

Safar@2016

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Did you get any respnse after you sent all required document to Amman VO. I got pre arrival email only and I was told they are waiting for background check because I sent a follow up email.
I got the pre arrival E-mail when the send me the E-mail for the document and after I send the document the sent me E-mail to add some information in my wife one form and nothing since that day 8 April 2019 . I asked a friend who brought his family from Iraq he told me that the duration between sending the requested document till the medical test was 7 months , i hope you get the medical test request soon .

Reactions: hadeel_1986

hadeel_1986

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I got the pre arrival E-mail when the send me the E-mail for the document and after I send the document the sent me E-mail to add some information in my wife one form and nothing since that day 8 April 2019 . I asked a friend who brought his family from Iraq he told me that the duration between sending the requested document till the medical test was 7 months , i hope you get the medical test request soon .
Thank you same to you. To be honest I am not sure how they process it. Our friend brought his family within 4 months, her wife and kids were in Turkey. Hopefully we will get it soon, good luck

Reactions: Safar@2016

Cd7camara

Oct 29, 2018
Hey Guys,

I have a question. I need to submitted additional docs for my dependant children.

I have read that some of you send additional docs over email. Which email should I send those forms to?

Help please, I have only 3 says left to submitted those docs!