+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTLAND approved sponsorship then STUCK in Mississauga ... GATHER HERE ...

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
Ya it's changed with the new application now, there's almost no VO transfer right after SA. CPC M has been requesting all documentation prior to VO transfer for most apps :) I know someone who got passport request within 3 months total and a matter of weeks after being transferred to VO and GCMS notes had some wording around CPC M doing parts of the processing so that could be why they're "stuck" - perhaps they actually are working on them there.
Hi, sorry could you please tell me what GCMS stands for?

oscargang

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
File Transfer...
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
So I guess I'm in the same boat as everyone else here... according to Canada Post our schedule A was received on June 9th and then no correspondence from IRCC since then. We submitted the medical exam and police check upfront so I'm not sure what the delay is in sending our application to VO...?

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
It is Global Case Management System. This records what appens to your application such as when you application is received, when app is tranferred, what notes are added by the officer ... You can request it online by

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

This is really useful to know why your app get stuck for long time or for an interview.
Oh ok, wow there is so many different ways to get info on your application (I didn't even know lol). Thanks!

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
It is Global Case Management System. This records what appens to your application such as when you application is received, when app is tranferred, what notes are added by the officer ... You can request it online by

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

This is really useful to know why your app get stuck for long time or for an interview.
Soo I opened the link and ofcourse the first thing I see is... "We are receiving more requests than usual. We may not be able to meet our service standards." Figures.

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
I wanted to chime in here and let you all know I'm in a similar situation.

My application was received on the 23rd of February.
My wife got her SA letter on the 10th of March. The same letter also said the following: "The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669)."

My wife and I mailed our Schedule A and PCC up front because we had it already from the previous application package.

When I called the call centre, they told me they did have my Schedule A and that the e-mail is automatically generated, and to just wait for them to start processing my application. That call was on the 27th of March.

It's not the 10th of July and my application has not made any progress at all. My BGC has still not started, and I have not had medicals requested.

Extremely frustrating to see my application is stalled whereas others who have applied under the same circumstances as me (us) at a later date are being processed faster.

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
I wanted to chime in here and let you all know I'm in a similar situation.

My application was received on the 23rd of February.
My wife got her SA letter on the 10th of March. The same letter also said the following: "The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669)."

My wife and I mailed our Schedule A and PCC up front because we had it already from the previous application package.

When I called the call centre, they told me they did have my Schedule A and that the e-mail is automatically generated, and to just wait for them to start processing my application. That call was on the 27th of March.

It's not the 10th of July and my application has not made any progress at all. My BGC has still not started, and I have not had medicals requested.

Extremely frustrating to see my application is stalled whereas others who have applied under the same circumstances as me (us) at a later date are being processed faster.
So you've basically been waiting for AOR2 since March?! Holy crap that's crazy!!! I'm so sorry to hear that...

Well... not to be negative, but at this rate they are definitely not going to uphold their so-called 12 month promise for any of us.

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Pretty much. ECAS still only says Application Received for me too. Not even "in progress"

:(

csturner92

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Kamloops, BC
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Sitting here in Kamloops, unemployed, on a visitors visa approved until 2/27/2018.

All because I've been told "Oh yeah americans applying outland get PR in 4-8 months!"

Load of horse shit.

sangam44

May 24, 2017
well...similar situation.
after SA never got SchA request/correspondence.
Finally submitted docs without request 30.06.17. Got confirmation that docs received 06.07.17
hey sorry it's a silly question: how do u send the docs for SCH A? did you include any cover letter - if yea then stating what?
Also, what's the address u sent it to?

oscargang

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
File Transfer...
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Sitting here in Kamloops, unemployed, on a visitors visa approved until 2/27/2018.

All because I've been told "Oh yeah americans applying outland get PR in 4-8 months!"

Load of horse shit.
Understand your feeling. My VO is Singapore which is famous for being slow :(. My app definitely takes longer than yours. I am trying to keep high hopes and be optimistic.

Sometimes the officer does not update the status until the very end. When they update, it is final Decision Made. If you have time, read the GCMS notes in my signature, especially the third tab from Eagle3333, you might understand more the process.

Good luck buddy!

Last edited:

oscargang

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
File Transfer...
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Soo I opened the link and ofcourse the first thing I see is... "We are receiving more requests than usual. We may not be able to meet our service standards." Figures.
haha yeah people "abuses" GCMS and request too it too much :p. It is better to request at earliest every month. If it is every week, you will not see much or see no update on GCMS (other people in this forum said that)

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Just talked to someone at the call centre, still seems like there has been no progress at all on my application since I uploaded the documents requested to my online account.
Application still in Mississauga stuck in elegibility review.

My timeline:
Outland spousal application, Canadian citizen sponsoring spouse from Sweden
App received Jan 16
AOR1 Feb 11
SA Feb 16
PCC and Schedule A requested Feb 20, uploaded Feb 21
IMM5546 requested March 3, uploaded March 4
Not a word since

My online account says We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
But according to the call centre officer nothing more has been requested since IMM5546, so not to worry about that.

nightbaby

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Same boat...
- US applicant
- Application rec'd Mar 21
- AOR1 Mar 30
- SA Apr 12
- PCC and Medicals upfront
- Schedule A uploaded Apr 14 and attached Apr 25
- no news since.

Called many times and they say they have everything they need and my file just hadn't been transferred yet. BC not started either of course.

EEPost2015

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Just talked to someone at the call centre, still seems like there has been no progress at all on my application since I uploaded the documents requested to my online account.
Application still in Mississauga stuck in elegibility review.

My timeline:
Outland spousal application, Canadian citizen sponsoring spouse from Sweden
App received Jan 16
AOR1 Feb 11
SA Feb 16
PCC and Schedule A requested Feb 20, uploaded Feb 21
IMM5546 requested March 3, uploaded March 4
Not a word since

My online account says We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
But according to the call centre officer nothing more has been requested since IMM5546, so not to worry about that.
Sorry to hear that. Doesn't make sense since some of the applicants from March have already gotten passport request.